where do people hang in broward?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where do people hang in broward?

On weekend nights? My girl actually asked this. I used to meet up at checkers up on powerline when i had my stangs. we need a place like this down here in Broward. RX

Old 01-07-2006, 11:41 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean car meets? Tower shops every Friday, it's been a weekly venue for years. Lots of car clubs hold their get-togethers there too. Other than that, there are weekly meets on Glades and 441 in Boca but I've never been to them. I personally hang out with my BM's at Tropical Park on Thursday nights every once in a while.

The Gs down here usually meet up a ton, but we haven't done anything recently apart from the upcoming tech day. We'll have a big meet in February before the annual Lokey meet too

Old 01-08-2006, 12:11 AM
THE BATMOBILE
monday nights glades and 441..........been getting broken up latley by the cops.........but for the time it lasts its pretty good and a decent turn out

Old 01-08-2006, 06:25 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
the trees in the front yard are a pretty good spot, make sure the branch is at least 8 inches wide though, dont want the rope breaking anything but their necks....

Old 01-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by imRACERX
On weekend nights? My girl actually asked this. I used to meet up at checkers up on powerline when i had my stangs. we need a place like this down here in Broward. RX

I used to go to that checker's when I livwed in Miami. There used to be some sick cars that would show up, but that was close to 10 years ago. Do people still go there?

Old 01-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
I used to go to that checker's when I livwed in Miami. There used to be some sick cars that would show up, but that was close to 10 years ago. Do people still go there?
not sure. But that was the spot wasnt it? RX

Old 01-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I haven't been to the Tower Shops in awhile, but that is a good time (usually.) The down side is that it always ends early.

The good thing is that you used to be able to leave the Tower shops and head over to Fuddruckers on Federal (north of sunrise) to check out the bikes (and get a burger and shake. )

BTW, tower shops is a friday night thing

Old 01-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
I swung by the Tower Shopps for about an hour Friday night, didnt see any other Gs there.

Do any of you go any more? If so, what time do you show up? I normally get there a little early (630-ish) to get parked and then hang out with my friend and his Mustang group - except for the one time there were some other Gs

Old 01-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never been even though its right next to school. Well, then again I've only been here for a really short time. Are we gonna have one of these tower meets anytime soon? It sounds fun....

Old 01-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
I've never been even though its right next to school. Well, then again I've only been here for a really short time. Are we gonna have one of these tower meets anytime soon? It sounds fun....
Sounds like a good idea! there are plenty of us down here. No reason why we cant. who's in? RX

Old 01-10-2006, 12:10 AM
THE BATMOBILE
went to the glades and 441 meet tonight (dunkin doughnuts/home depot shopping center).........met my friend there a little after 9..........only like 10-15 people there.........went to mcdonalds (across the street), came back and there were like 40 cars there...........a lot of ricers..........1 cobra, 1 evo, and 1 M3......had tons of people askin about my car and i gave out a few of the FGC cards that Ian gave to me at HIN last month.........id give the meet a 9 out of 10

Old 01-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by truplay8
went to the glades and 441 meet tonight (dunkin doughnuts/home depot shopping center).........met my friend there a little after 9..........only like 10-15 people there.........went to mcdonalds (across the street), came back and there were like 40 cars there...........a lot of ricers..........1 cobra, 1 evo, and 1 M3......had tons of people askin about my car and i gave out a few of the FGC cards that Ian gave to me at HIN last month.........id give the meet a 9 out of 10
9 out of 10 and you were the only G there? We must really get something going down here in south florida. somewhere in broward county sounds right. this way Palm Beachers can join. Kinda like what the FRINKIN FLORIDA MARLINS need to do with a stadium, but that off course is for another thread elsewhere! RX

Old 01-10-2006, 02:36 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by UFGatorG35
I swung by the Tower Shopps for about an hour Friday night, didnt see any other Gs there.

Do any of you go any more? If so, what time do you show up? I normally get there a little early (630-ish) to get parked and then hang out with my friend and his Mustang group - except for the one time there were some other Gs
If there's ever a Towers meet, it will be posted on this forum. We haven't met up at Towers in about a month because yours truly was too busy recovering from a 4-car wreck and then we had the holidays... Right after the tech day at Raul's house on Sunday we'll start planning on the next big meet in late Jan - early Feb. Apart from that we can think of a weekly/bi-weekly spot where we all can go for dinner on weekends now that there's a lot of interest. Oakwood Plaza in Hollywood maybe, or the Davie Ale House?

Old 01-10-2006, 08:35 AM
THE BATMOBILE
actually i saw austin drive by while i was there, but he never parked his car...........at like 10:15 two cops were just sitting there watching, but then all these dumb ricers started speeding away, so everyone started leaving

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: where do people hang in broward?