Greetings from Sebring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings from Sebring

Hey guys,

I've been on g35driver and the FA boards since December when I bought my g, but didn't notice the Florida club until yesterday. I'm really enjoying the car and I hope to catch up with all of you in upcoming meets. Not sure about early March, but I'm going to try. I rarely post, as most of my questions are disposed of with a search of the boards.

Few questions for the locals though...
How many of you are tracking your cars? Do any of you attend track days here in Sebring? Where else do you run? 1/4 mile doesn't fascinate me, but I'm dying to learn how to drive my car well.

I notice the club has "Highlands County" in the South chapter. Is there much significance to what chapter we're in? I went to law school in S FL and still have a lot of friends there, but I spend much more time in Orlando and Tampa. Season ticket holder since the Big Sombrero and family in O town. Anyone else from Highlands by chance?...I rather doubt it, as I haven't seen another coupe around here yet.

Finally, I have an opportunity to add an ATI kit for a nominal expense. Probably a month or 2 away. To that end, I need to get my shoes in order. I've been comiserating over wheel/tire combos and exhaust since I got the car. The setups I like look to run me over $5K. Browsing ebay I came across this set: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT. Emailed seller, and I think I can get the wheel/tire combo w/ fugi exhaust and y for $2500 plus shipping. I was leaning toward HKS and a 19" set with a bigger footprint, but if you guys think this is a good value...money is money. I appreciate any thoughts you have.

Haven't done my membership yet, but will in the near term.

Take it easy,

Mike

Old 02-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey just a sponsor but I do get to Sebring alot for the races . I was just down there for the Porsche club race weekend www.48-hours-at-sebring.com . We do alot of paint protection and Windshield tearoffs when we are there . We are sponsors of the www.farnbacherracing.com Red Bull Porsche that will run at the 12 hr race . If you are going to the race I will get you over to the car and give you a tour . Farnbacher won last years 24 at Daytona and this year grabbed third in the GT class even though they lost 2 nd gear and 5 th was intermittent .

Old 02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
My parents live in Lake Placid, so I am down your way a lot.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:06 AM
When you come to Orlando, you should let us know. It is pretty easy to round up a buch of us for dinner and drinks.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:08 AM
We revolve around Racing and food.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by btropical
Hey just a sponsor but I do get to Sebring alot for the races . I was just down there for the Porsche club race weekend www.48-hours-at-sebring.com . We do alot of paint protection and Windshield tearoffs when we are there . We are sponsors of the www.farnbacherracing.com Red Bull Porsche that will run at the 12 hr race . If you are going to the race I will get you over to the car and give you a tour . Farnbacher won last years 24 at Daytona and this year grabbed third in the GT class even though they lost 2 nd gear and 5 th was intermittent .
I'll be there. I haven't missed a Sebring 12 in over 20 years. Would love to take the Red Bull 'tour'. I'm not sure if you're on the clock most of the time you here, but I have pretty good hook-ups for the week of the event...Club Sebring, Medical Pavillion, Grand Prix Ball, Sponsor's Gala, and 6 spots together on turn 4. It's as much about the food and beer as it is the race for most of my group.

I'm actually renting my house to Lou Gigliotti for the week. He's a 3 time World Challenge champ. He's giving cash and 2 days instruction in the viper course he teaches here in May. He'd put me in a viper, but I'd sure like to have my car ready by then...prefer to have him give me instruction in my own.

Give me a heads-up on when you'll be down.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by chuckkrugiii
When you come to Orlando, you should let us know. It is pretty easy to round up a buch of us for dinner and drinks.
I sure will Chuck...I try to get up your way once a month or so.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad you found us. Welcome to our corner of the Web.

I'd love to take a Viper around the track a few dozen times.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh yes !! Sounds great you know how a nice hook up at the track can be . I will definetly get you a tour . I actually own the clock so we can tour and have a great time . I hope the weather will cooperate this year . Look forward to meeting you . Got a hook up for firewood for the night time track side activitys?

Old 02-16-2006, 03:08 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
i see you have rear active steering
how do you like it??

Old 02-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Tropical....sigh, the days of torching motor homes and porta-johns have long since past. A wave of 'family friendliness' in recent years thanks to Senor Panoz. They've even done away with most of the nudity. They must think it's about racing or something. Nonetheless, always good activities post-race.

SFLG35- RAS: Not sure how I feel about the RAS. I've been kind to the car for the most part and really haven't pushed hard in high speed turns. I feel it working, but nothing that wows me. If anything, the rear gives a little floaty sensation in turns. Won't be sure how much to trust it until I have some more 'spirited' miles on her.

Speaking of which...just rolled over 2000. No squeeks or rattles. Car has been perfect.

Anyone going to give me some feedback on the wheel/tire/exhaust combo I referenced?

Old 02-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Welcome aboard! Lou G, huh? Nice!!!

I don't know about the other stuff. but I'm not too keen on those BBS wheels and the tires you posted a link to...

Old 02-16-2006, 04:57 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
as far as the rims go
if you want 19s get 19s dont settle for 18s just cause you can get a good deal. you will never be happy with them. when it comes to gettin rims buy the ones that you want the first time around. dont settle.

the hks exhaust is nice
so is the invidia

with the ras you cant lower your car because you will throw all the geometrics off. talk to omi about this he has a m35 with the ras and has looked into it more.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the input. I'll hold out on the wheels. I have some time before the procharger goes in. LIttle torn between the 18/19. Love the look of a 19, but if I ulitmately track the car often, I'm told the 18's would be more suitable.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Small world. I know some folks down in Sebring. Some are the worst type - lawyers. I hope you don't run into them anytime. (yeah...this is Scott from the "are you guys qualified to touch my G35" Lamborghini tuner....we need to talk next week, I am gone Monday)

On the wheels, I would go to 18s. The tire selection is broader at the current time. That is my main pull for 18s. Eric told me you were planning to sell the 19s when you swapped...if so, I know tons of people who want them.

-GT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Sebring