Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Project SWAP! figured i would share.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 06:41 PM
mos high
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish you was my brother no father.Your good bro

Old 06-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Still, even without all that 2800 lbs seems a little off to me. Is that an estimate or have you actually scaled the car? Like I said, my car is gutted from the dash back, have fiberglass racing seat, no passenger seat at all, no radio, no speakers, LMGT4s, lightweight battery, and more and I am still 400 lbs heavier? Rickdogg has the same stuff as me as well without the TT kit, and he doesn't even have side windows or anything in the doors they are just a dry carbon shell. His car weighs 2900 lbs w/o driver.

ricks car weighs 2800 with a full cage and big brakes, i weighed my car last and it weighed 2920. that was with a full nitrous tank, NO GAS, both stock leather heated seats, and stock muffler, i weighed it in two different places.

your turbo kit is good for a hundred pounds, where are you weighing your car??

Old 06-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
thanks guys, i wish it started right up today but it looks like i am going to have to switch the wiring harness from both motors, that is a nice all day project but should solve my problems....

Old 06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
swapped the wiring harnesses and it started right up!!!!!!!!

woo hoo!!!

Old 06-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
ricks car weighs 2800 with a full cage and big brakes, i weighed my car last and it weighed 2920. that was with a full nitrous tank, NO GAS, both stock leather heated seats, and stock muffler, i weighed it in two different places.

your turbo kit is good for a hundred pounds, where are you weighing your car??
Rick's car doesn't have a full cage, only a 4-Point bar, like mine. No gas helps. The turbo kit only weighs maybe 80lbs. more than OEM because it swaps out the manifolds for lighter ones. Big brakes don't weigh that much more either. If you weighed it then I believe you, just shocked I guess. I weigh my car with Longacre corner scales.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:39 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
You Are Amazing Dude, i wish i can do that by my self. Did you study that or it's an experience?

Old 06-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
sorry man, i just know what rick told me about his car, he said 2800 with a full cage and big brakes. i love to put my cars on a diet. i take out ALL the metal hangers for everything that isnt important and replace them with zip ties and other methods of holding them, say for instance the factory wiring harness on the engine, it has a million metal holders with 10mm bolts, i cut a lot of metal out under the dash that was for dash supports. i took out the rear wiper, the front wiper washer full setup, the no power steering as i mentioned before, lots of other stuff. No airbags, they weigh a good amount.

i really didnt think my car was that light, thats why i weighed it twice. after that i realized it doesnt take that much to make these cars light enough to go really fast...!!!

and the way i learned is just to do it, i took apart about everything i have and figure out how it works. thanks guys...

Old 07-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Nice! I am going to have to block off a day or two to poke around and replace hangers with zip ties. Good work!

Old 07-01-2006, 04:16 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
there is a lot of extra metal up under the dash, the airbags weighed almost 40 pounds with the removal of the stock wheel, replaced with momo net, power steering weighed about 45 to 50 pounds total, lots of stuff,

where are you?? around florida by any chance??

again, thanks guys!! this was a fun project and would gladly do it again!! i only have one little electical thing going on, my battery light is on really dim and it is charging really high for some reason thats minor stuff though...

Old 07-01-2006, 04:28 AM
holy crap... you did all that at home with hand tools and a cherry picker?! That is AWESOME!

So the front subframe has to be removed?

Can't the engine come straight up?

Old 07-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
seriously, you can have the front clip off in about an hour, there is sooo much stuff that is hard to get to. i would even take it off to do header installs, its sooo easy, i mean after the front bumper comes off, then it is pretty much 3 bolts on the headlights, and 8 bolts on the radiator brace and its off.

all one set of Husky Handtools and one pep boys cherry picker!! i love it, i think its funny. it would of been nicer with air and a lift but i got it done...

Old 07-01-2006, 08:41 AM
I gotta move down to FL so I can learn some stuff over at your place haha

Old 07-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Drewer
they look like elephants with their faces blown off or something. Haha!

i just read that!! HAHA thats funny, dont know why, just dont think i have ever seen an elephant with his face blown off, but if i ever do... now i will think about Zs and Gs with their front clip off!!

Old 07-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Nice work man!

Old 07-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
there is a lot of extra metal up under the dash, the airbags weighed almost 40 pounds with the removal of the stock wheel, replaced with momo net, power steering weighed about 45 to 50 pounds total, lots of stuff,

where are you?? around florida by any chance??

again, thanks guys!! this was a fun project and would gladly do it again!! i only have one little electical thing going on, my battery light is on really dim and it is charging really high for some reason thats minor stuff though...
I am in Vegas. I have already removed the airbags and replaced the steering wheel with a Momo one as well. Hopefully I can get to the rest of the stuff soon. Thanks again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project SWAP! figured i would share.