Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Wiring Help - Steering Wheel Nitrous

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring Help - Steering Wheel Nitrous

I want to hook up a bottle opener for nitrous to the Cruise Control "Cancel" button and I want to have the "Power" button for the stereo as the nitrous activation switch. I am talking about the buttons on the steering wheel. The Cancel button is virtually useless since you can turn on cruis control by breaking or pressing in the clutch. The Power button is essentially useless because you can turn the power to the radio on with the "Mode" button as well (you'll just have to turn it off with the on/off on the stereo itself (or just lower the volume)).

Does anyone have access to the wiring schematics of these circuits so I know how to cut into them, what color wires are for those buttons, etc...? I would appreciate it. Also, does anyone have any reasons why that is a stupid idea? If so, please post.

One more thing, anyone think of a good place to stealth install a bottle in a sedan, i.e. the spare tire well, etc...

Thanks a bunch.

Old 10-07-2003, 08:24 PM
Re: Wiring Help - Steering Wheel Nitrous

All I can say is good idea.Cant find a good place to stealth the botle but I hae a coupe so its on the back of the rear seat.

Old 10-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Re: Wiring Help - Steering Wheel Nitrous

This maybe more of a task than you think. Normally a nitrous system uses momentary buttons and toggle switches to do its work. The buttons in our steering wheel are digital momentary buttons, therefore relying on digital circuitry to know if they're pressed or which direction they're going (if mutlidirectional). You would have to find a circuit that interprets these signals and build another circuit that contains outputs (relays) to perform your switch functionality. It can be done, maybe consult a stereo shop that has an extensive background in this stuff.

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal