Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Group discount for level 10 VB???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Group discount for level 10 VB???

I saw on their site that they may do a group discount if the demand is there. Anyone interested? Regular price is 800 but maybe we can get it down by 100. I emailed them so hopefully I'll get an answer asap.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:16 AM
please don't get that VB, please, fellow PharmD.......much better choice out there....

Old 08-28-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
please don't get that VB, please, fellow PharmD.......much better choice out there....

Ouach, that bad huh???

I know there are beter VBs out there but I'm afraid those might be too aggressive for my taste. I have heard that the SGP VB from 1st to 2nd (at very light throttle) is so fast and hard it clunks the rear end.
This is basically my daily car and I want something I can have a smooth ride in and also take advantage of the VB when I need to if I wanted to go WOT once awhile to blow off steam.

Do u know any that might be better than the level 10? I heard mix reviews saying they are good/bad but better than stillen. I mostly wanted the level 10 to reduce the downtime. If anyone has some input, please feel free.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:56 AM
give sharif at forged internals a call. tell him what you are lookings for, that i sent you, and your specific concern about 1-2, which is not always true in my experience, but very well may be. I think that he might be able to get it customized to what you want.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:12 AM
thanks for the help.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:14 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the Forged performance VB and it is mellow in auto. The only time mine is overly aggressive is when I'm aggressive with the throttle. My torque converter feels funnier the the VB upgrade.

I know of 2 FXs with the L10 VB. Neither have complaints about it, both were installed by L10.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by rookie
I have the Forged performance VB and it is mellow in auto. The only time mine is overly aggressive is when I'm aggressive with the throttle. My torque converter feels funnier the the VB upgrade.

I know of 2 FXs with the L10 VB. Neither have complaints about it, both were installed by L10.

Hope that helps.
So the Forged performance VB feels like stock when u in auto?

Old 08-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, in D it drives normal. A little higher stall from the TC but no weird shifting. In manumatic and aggressive throttle it can chirp going into 2nd and 3rd. Heavy clunking can happen but again only when being aggressive with the throttle.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Does that "heavy clunking" have the possibility of damaging the tranny or any other part of the car?

Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey, I have the Level Ten VB upgrade and can say nothing but positive things about it as well as the service I obtained from Level Ten.

Note that my car is not FI, so I can't speak to the power handling limits from personal experience. And since this is the only VB upgrade I have, I can't address the competition.

My shifts are fast and smooth with no banging. I don't WANT my Infiniti to shift like a '66 Charger!! In "D", the car shifts about like stock during non-aggressive driving.

Not long ago, I took someone for a bit of a performance ride in my G without saying anything about mods. He asked if I had done anything to the tranny, observing that it really shifted great.

One of the other members on the forum told me that he knows the guys out at Level Ten personally and gave them the highest recommendation. He has had work done by them on a number of occasions, all with excellent results.

Based on my personal experience, I give Level 10 a thumbs-up!

Old 08-28-2006, 12:16 PM
I have Level 10's VB for over 30K and the TC for over 25K and now the full rebuild.Some of the earlier versions needed tuning which some shops could not do(not a pure bolt in)now they are boltin as I talked to Pat and Sam these last couple of weeks.
I have also read a couple of horror stories and have heard both sides of those stories...
I will be stroking my 4.5,doing heads and a SC so I needed to do the full trans,I had no hesitation
The other FX is equally pleased...we both had the work done at Level 10
I have owned 10 secod race cars with full out transmissions,this is a $50K+ vehicle and clunking/banging is unacceptable to me

This winter,I will order a built/stroked/ported/SC/intercooled and tuned 4.5+.
I expect the motor and trans to live

Last edited by brnjug; 08-28-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I have to agree with brnjug, I used to be the Parts Mgr. for Grubbs Infiniti /
G3 Motorsports and having been directly involved with numerous FI installs both Turbo and SC's any ATM vehicle that produced 400hp or more had the VB sent to Level 10, we had 0% come backs with trans problems and the service was second to none. Cheap insurance.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:11 PM
-

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
I saw on their site that they may do a group discount if the demand is there. Anyone interested? Regular price is 800 but maybe we can get it down by 100. I emailed them so hopefully I'll get an answer asap.
Count me in for the Group buy. My research has concluded level 10 is the way to go for me. Only looking for S/C with 300hp. Don't need aggressive upgrades.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
level10.........bwahahaskdlf;jsdajkf;lsdajfk;sadjf k;lsadhnvz.xcj

i've never heard anything but horror stories from their products.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by 99atlantic
level10

i've never heard anything but horror stories from their products.
Apparently you haven't read this thread or you wouldn't be able to say that.

Nothing muddies the waters more than stories instead of experience!

If folk on these forums posted only what they know to be true from personal experience instead of hearsay, generalizations, and unfounded opinions, we could spend 1/10th the time reading them and come away with 10 times as much accurate information.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Group discount for level 10 VB???