Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

FI'd BEAST get's DYNO'd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FI'd BEAST get's DYNO'd

Here's the dyno from my car today....

398.4 HP and 324.5lbs of TQ on a Clayton dyno - under full load!!!

Gotta love that SS box and only the first tune! What is that on a regular unloaded dyno 460+HP!!!

http://www.ismcentral.com/rick_dyno/rick_dyno2.jpg

RICK

Old 09-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of dyno is a clayton dyno?

Old 09-08-2006, 12:56 AM
is this on a stock block and on 91 octane? Also was this just using an fmu and inline pump?

Your tq just keeps climbing. very impressive.

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 09-08-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by Dan_K
What kind of dyno is a clayton dyno?
A Clayton dyno is somewhat similar to a DynoJet, in that it is an in the ground unit on rollers, though it works by simulating FULL load, not just the load of the dyno itself. It is basically considered the truest reading of HP and TQ, and will consequently show lower than others that do not load this way.

On an unloaded, say DynoJet unit, you can see in upwards 40-60 or more HP on the same cars.

Rick

Old 09-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
is this on a stock block and on 91 octane? Also was this just using an fmu and inline pump?

Your tq just keeps climbing. very impressive.
OK here we go -

The block is stock, but from a RevUp motor - so the stronger bottom end.

Heads and cams done, SSV intake, standard infiniti fuel system.

The Vortech kit comes with the FMU and inline pump, and they have been untouched - actually we have not modified the kit at all, other than replacing the blue connector hoses with black ones.

Tuning at this point is done solely with the SS box and the R4 software - my Apexi SAFCII is running a NULL map - so disabled.

I've got 3.92 gears and a custom transmission - so the power gets transferred to the ground very well.

This is the current build status of the car..

Rick

Last edited by ISMSOLUTIONS; 09-08-2006 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Here's the dyno from my car today....

398.4 HP and 324.5lbs of TQ on a Clayton dyno - under full load!!!

Gotta love that SS box and only the first tune! What is that on a regular unloaded dyno 460+HP!!!

http://www.ismcentral.com/rick_dyno/rick_dyno2.jpg

RICK
How does the dyno pick up RPM? Is there an inductive clamp? what kind of transmission?

Old 09-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, what kind of tranny or what was done to it?

I am also interested in what exactly you mean by heads and cams "done".

I'm particularly interested because I would like to build up my motor this winter while the car is being stored. I am considering the current group buy on the vortech because I want to make this thing a beast.

I will be doing some purchasing from fast intentions soon with the fall sale going on for the exhaust, but I would really like to strengthen and power up my block before supercharging.

I have on '06 6mt with the rev-up. What do you suggest I do in addition to the vortech and exhaust?

I want to do it all this winter so I can rip new a-holes when the snow goes away this spring.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
How does the dyno pick up RPM? Is there an inductive clamp? what kind of transmission?
It takes RPM direct from Tach Signal as well as plug wire - it does it two ways and shows both at the dyno for verification.

The tranny is a custom build I can't divulge info about at this time...sorry.

Rick

Old 09-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by SURFJ9009
Yes, what kind of tranny or what was done to it?

I am also interested in what exactly you mean by heads and cams "done".

I'm particularly interested because I would like to build up my motor this winter while the car is being stored. I am considering the current group buy on the vortech because I want to make this thing a beast.

I will be doing some purchasing from fast intentions soon with the fall sale going on for the exhaust, but I would really like to strengthen and power up my block before supercharging.

I have on '06 6mt with the rev-up. What do you suggest I do in addition to the vortech and exhaust?

I want to do it all this winter so I can rip new a-holes when the snow goes away this spring.
1 - Cosworth heads and Tomei cams - although for the heads - honestly you can get away with a port and polish and matched valvetrain for the cams and get the same results. If your going ALL OUT NA - different story there.

As for suggestions on making your beast...that's not TOO easy to answer - budget has to be considered. As a RevUp - you have a better bottom end and better high end power cams to begin with.

Intake manifold changes or a spacer is not a bad idea. I have the SSV and am totally on the fence with it now. I am likely to change it out to test power differences.

Gears - for me was a must. I have the 3.92's- you loose cruise control, if it matters to you, but wow at launch and gear throughput. The car becomes a completely different beast.

TQ converter for AT's - get the car into the 3200RPM range as fast as you can - a good protorque converter should do well.

Strong clutch for MT's.

VB MOD vs. the right set of grounding wires installed for the AT - as my tranny is built and the shift response is already quick and extremely smooth, I highly recommend SUNDEVILJAY and his ground wires. You can beat them for the price and the additional response and tranny improvements are worth it...and they are about 1/2 the cost of GORDGEE's wires.

Get some tire on the back - you'll want traction when this is all over with

Old 09-08-2006, 10:15 AM
1 - Cosworth heads and Tomei cams - although for the heads - honestly you can get away with a port and polish and matched valvetrain for the cams and get the same results. If your going ALL OUT NA - different story there.

As for suggestions on making your beast...that's not TOO easy to answer - budget has to be considered. As a RevUp - you have a better bottom end and better high end power cams to begin with.

Intake manifold changes or a spacer is not a bad idea. I have the SSV and am totally on the fence with it now. I am likely to change it out to test power differences.

Gears - for me was a must. I have the 3.92's- you loose cruise control, if it matters to you, but wow at launch and gear throughput. The car becomes a completely different beast.

TQ converter for AT's - get the car into the 3200RPM range as fast as you can - a good protorque converter should do well.

Strong clutch for MT's.

VB MOD vs. the right set of grounding wires installed for the AT - as my tranny is built and the shift response is already quick and extremely smooth, I highly recommend SUNDEVILJAY and his ground wires. You can beat them for the price and the additional response and tranny improvements are worth it...and they are about 1/2 the cost of GORDGEE's wires.

Get some tire on the back - you'll want traction when this is all over with

OK. I got first dibs on the SSV if you decide to sell it down the road. I called it first!!! Just PM me. LOL

Anyhow, I def. wanna do the gears and upgrade my clutch and add the motordyne products that will work for whatever I decide to do. I am uncertain which direction to go first at this point. I guess only time will tell. I forgot you have an auto tranny, so I actually do not care what kind it is, as I have the 6mt and I like it.

How do you guys justify voiding your warranty to do all this? That's my biigest hold back right now.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:22 AM
1 -
As a RevUp - you have a better bottom end and better high end power cams to begin with.

I know you pretty much know everything about All Motor on this VQ but I know on paper Revup is supposedly has stronger internals. There was a debate long time ago if Revup are actually stronger. have you done or know any test that has been done if the internals are actually stronger?

Old 09-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AthenG
I know you pretty much know everything about All Motor on this VQ but I know on paper Revup is supposedly has stronger internals. There was a debate long time ago if Revup are actually stronger. have you done or know any test that has been done if the internals are actually stronger?
I can't remember the exact thread, but it was confirmed on my350z that the rod bolts changed on the revups. I didn't exactly know the implications, so I asked, and was told that the mere act of changing the bolt locations strengthened the conrods.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just another vulture looking to gleem some details from your NA carcass.

I found this comment interesting and would love for you to expand upon it, to the extent that you can.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
Just another vulture looking to gleem some details from your NA carcass.

I found this comment interesting and would love for you to expand upon it, to the extent that you can.
+1 please

Old 09-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by SURFJ9009
OK. I got first dibs on the SSV if you decide to sell it down the road. I called it first!!! Just PM me. LOL

Anyhow, I def. wanna do the gears and upgrade my clutch and add the motordyne products that will work for whatever I decide to do. I am uncertain which direction to go first at this point. I guess only time will tell. I forgot you have an auto tranny, so I actually do not care what kind it is, as I have the 6mt and I like it.

How do you guys justify voiding your warranty to do all this? That's my biigest hold back right now.
Voiding what warranty? Like I'd take my blown engine to the dealer with the blower, heads and cams still in place...

My original engine is on a crate..happy and with only 364 miles on it

Last edited by ISMSOLUTIONS; 09-09-2006 at 12:10 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FI'd BEAST get's DYNO'd