Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

How much $$$ do i need to make +600whp ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006 | 07:06 AM
GTT
|
G35 Twin Turbo
How much $$$ do i need to make +600whp ?

Recently, I have been thinking on going HI-PSI with APS TT. But to get +600whp, I need to have built long block motor. Here are the offers I got
- APS TT around $7400
- Installation $2500
- swap engine $1000
- Built VQ motor long blocks $6000 + my stock engine

This is $16,900

But I know I need some cooling stuff right? So, do you guys have any info on how much it's going to cost me, and if I waited for one more year do you think the stuff will get cheaper?

Thanks
Y.A

Old 10-20-2006 | 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by GTT
Recently, I have been thinking on going HI-PSI with APS TT. But to get +600whp, I need to have built long block motor. Here are the offers I got
- APS TT around $7400
- Installation $2500
- swap engine $1000
- Built VQ motor long blocks $6000 + my stock engine

This is $16,900

But I know I need some cooling stuff right? So, do you guys have any info on how much it's going to cost me, and if I waited for one more year do you think the stuff will get cheaper?

Thanks
Y.A
If you want 600+ to the wheels, you will probably want a sleeved motor, cams, etc. I think that you'll end up spending closer to $25k for a proper setup.

Dont forget, if you don't have these already:

-Gauges
-Exhaust
-Clutch/flywheel
-Additional fuel mods (APS extreme system or similar)
-Wide rear tires
-Tuning

Old 10-20-2006 | 07:57 AM
Damn 600WHP, what chu plan on doing with so much HP lol?

Old 10-20-2006 | 02:22 PM
clutch, brakes, radiator, fuel return....for 600 whp you will want to upgrade to the V-Pro for Engine management. I think you can get away w/ out sleeving up to about 580-590.

For 600 whp you are looking at about 30k to do properly. My 550 whp plan was 23k minus engine management, my current goal of 500 is about 20 K.

I have multiple invoices from several reputable shops to back up these numbers.

Old 10-20-2006 | 06:27 PM
Dont skimp out on a proper suspension and drivetrain setup too. There's no point in making that much HP if you cant put it to that ground.

Suspension/Drivetrain Setup:
-Good Coilovers(JIC, Stance, Tein, etc..) - $1800
-Camber Arms - $500
-Axles - $1500
-Clutch - $2000
-Alignment - $200

= $6000

Old 10-20-2006 | 07:07 PM
See THIS thread to see it carried to the extreme.

Old 10-20-2006 | 07:44 PM
GTT
|
G35 Twin Turbo
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
clutch, brakes, radiator, fuel return....for 600 whp you will want to upgrade to the V-Pro for Engine management. I think you can get away w/ out sleeving up to about 580-590.

For 600 whp you are looking at about 30k to do properly. My 550 whp plan was 23k minus engine management, my current goal of 500 is about 20 K.

I have multiple invoices from several reputable shops to back up these numbers.
The question that I always have asked my self is do I really need 600whp. The fastest car I have been in is my brother E46 M3 SC, and it was making 430whp. The car felt super fast specially from the zero, but when he raced a Supra that only has exhaust, he beat the supra by 2 cars only. The supra guy gave me a ride, but the car didn’t feel as fast as my brother car.
I'm planning to keep the car for 10 years more, and to make it my track car. So, I don't really want to spend that much of money, and then I don't feel happy. I always wanted my car to be fast when I need the power, but the question would the 600whp makes me feel happy???! Should I just go and buy another car such as zo6 or skyline. Since this is my first sport car, I love it so much. I just can’t wait to ride it around.

Old 10-20-2006 | 07:50 PM
GTT
|
G35 Twin Turbo
Originally Posted by ZentraediG35
Dont skimp out on a proper suspension and drivetrain setup too. There's no point in making that much HP if you cant put it to that ground.

Suspension/Drivetrain Setup:
-Good Coilovers(JIC, Stance, Tein, etc..) - $1800
-Camber Arms - $500
-Axles - $1500
-Clutch - $2000
-Alignment - $200

= $6000
I know about these stuff, and i though it comes after the engine is done ?? am i right

Old 10-20-2006 | 08:15 PM
I don't know where you are getting that APS twin but you better jump on that for that price!!!

Old 10-20-2006 | 08:18 PM
And guys correct me if I'm wrong but I believe for that kit you need a modded front bumper.(nose cone to small on stock) and you need a new hood to fit that big bish under there.

Old 10-21-2006 | 11:12 AM
labor and engine management!!

Old 10-22-2006 | 01:27 AM
I think the original estimate is reasonable. He already has an exhaust and engine management. Brakes, tires, suspension, transmission, cooling and gauges are all recommended extras, but "extras" nonetheless.

Old 10-26-2006 | 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by GTT
The question that I always have asked my self is do I really need 600whp. The fastest car I have been in is my brother E46 M3 SC, and it was making 430whp. The car felt super fast specially from the zero, but when he raced a Supra that only has exhaust, he beat the supra by 2 cars only. The supra guy gave me a ride, but the car didn’t feel as fast as my brother car.
I'm planning to keep the car for 10 years more, and to make it my track car. So, I don't really want to spend that much of money, and then I don't feel happy. I always wanted my car to be fast when I need the power, but the question would the 600whp makes me feel happy???! Should I just go and buy another car such as zo6 or skyline. Since this is my first sport car, I love it so much. I just can’t wait to ride it around.
The reason that your brother's car feels much faster than the Supra is because your brother's car is supercharged. From the dig, the supercharger will always feel faster because of it's linear powerband curvature. On turbo applications, the linear curve is more "spiked" depending on where exactly the boost will kick in.

To tell you the honest truth.. I was contemplating (and actually calculated most of the expense) on a JWT kit installed, tuned, blah blah.. and I came to the conclusion that I would rather just get another car as a track car rather than the G. That's considering if I even really want one at all anymore. I would rather put that $25,000 - $30,000 on savings for a house, or wedding in the future (i'm a 21 yr. old male nurse [yea.. I said male nurse.. so what! lol] and I might be "saving up" too soon... but I would rather have a really nice house with a garage to put my G in in the future... rather then to have a gangster G with no garage to put it in...)It's going to end up running around $30,000, give or take a couple thousand, just to get the G to that kind of specs, running perfectly. Plus, it's your daily driver, plus, you want to keep it for 10 more years? Consider looking into another car for your "track" car (just another route to consider). Take for instance, a fully restored Nissan S13: ie. Paint, SR20, suspension, tuning, seats, exterior aesthetics, yada yada.. will probably run you to around $12,000, and that's even pushing pricing (it's an educated guess.. I could be wrong on the calculation ).

Those are my $.02, in the end, do whatever makes you happy. If money is really no problem for you.. then by all means! It's your money, do as you wish. But if money is a concern to you, then maybe you should consider other options.

Old 10-26-2006 | 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by GTT
I know about these stuff, and i though it comes after the engine is done ?? am i right
Negative...

When you do turbo kits and the such.. considering where you go.. they'll only do the motor work (whatever the turbo kit includes).

I talked to Scott over at VRT ..(great guys to converse with.. answered all my questions and was very patient and informative.. if I were to have gone turbo.. it would for sure been with them).. I told him my goals.. and he gave me a price. My goals consisted of a built bottom end with the kit.. installation of the kit.. and tunning, with some work on the drivetrain too (clutch/flywheel).

When you move into suspension.. like coil-overs, toe/camber arms, under braces, you want to make sure those things are on the car prior to the kit installation (or I would rather have it that way).. Because in order to put that kind of power to the ground.. you would need proper suspension to be able to do so. So i'm sure you'd want to feel all the power the day of receiving your car after installation.. and to do that, you'd want all the suspension work done previously.

Just my $.02 cents again lol.. sorry for the long explanations!

Old 10-26-2006 | 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by imandresing22
but I would rather have a really nice house with a garage to put my G in in the future... rather then to have a gangster G with no garage to put it in...)

considering you are 21, very well said !!!! many 30+ year olds do not even think about it, especially here in Latvia

they are driving new bmw 750, lexus rx, infinitis Fx and live in a ****ty apartments...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much $$$ do i need to make +600whp ?