Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Check out this supercharger!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Check out this supercharger!!!!

They have not gotten back since the first time....

waiting patiently - but expectantly!

'03 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 11-14-2003, 12:24 AM

Ok. I will try to share some info on this supercharger. It is currently undergoing tests on a 350Z. The whole process is taking longer than expected due to them wanting to ensure that the supercharger is indeed 50-state carb legal. Also, I have talked to the owner of the 350Z they are working on and he seems more than impressed with their work and knowledge. I am confident they will have the kit ready in the 45 days. Further, expect more than just a supercharger from them...ie. more mods...not just engine parts. Hope this very vague\generalized information can help.

Old 11-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Banned

The main things I see that I dont like about this system is the extra modification you have to do for the dual intercooler ,HP numbers , and price . Procharger system looks like they make better HP, less mods, and a cheaper price. Think I'll wait a little longer to see what comes out while I save the cash needed to get it any way

Old 11-24-2003, 09:10 PM

Keep us posted! Thanks

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1

Old 11-28-2003, 09:48 PM

I have had my ATI Procharger for about two months now and loving it. Dyno is 350 at rear wheels (automatic) which means about 437 at the crank.
It is fun, and can be removed and the car put back to stock easily.
AlanL

Old 02-08-2004, 02:01 PM
G SQUAD

WHERE DID YOU GET YOURS INSTALLED ALAN And HAve you had any issues at all???.....also any suggestions for us who are on the fence about these superchargers..please????

I've wanted to go ATI ....till now....I think everyone is really excited about this S/C because or the magic words.."DEALER BACKED WARRANTY" and "DEALER INSTALL & SERVICE".....these are not $12K Hyundai's we're driving.....We all spent damn near $40K (incl. TAX) and thats not with all the wheels, tires and mods we've all done or are going to do....

So to risk throwing the warranty in the trash for some serious HP is a real "let me think about this for a minute" type of decision and the only thing stopping most of us besides money is "VOIDING THE WARRANTY"

I mean we've all heard horror stories(so & so blew his engine) and for those of us not as knowledgable as others or not living near the tuning shops that do these jobs right......hearing all the tech talk like "running lean, tuning your ECU, early detonation, timing issues, etc....) ITS FREAKIN SCARY!!!!

We are not all auto wizards....and for those that do know all about auto modding and tuning or live near somewhere that can do it right its easy to say...."hey wait a minute and lemme pick and choose and blah blah blah..."

but for the rest of us ,like me who know a stuff about cars but not a tuning Wiz and still want that serious HP (300 RWHP or more) to hear words like "DEALER INSTALL & WARRANTY" sound like "FREE DRINKS AND NAKED CHICKS".....you know..its sparks the same excitement (in a different way..lol..but you know what I mean)

So I agree that we should wait and ask the right questions and see what the term "warranty" means to DW as it applies to us.....but I can so see why people are so ready to pounce on this....cause damn it I AM!!!

What we need is all you ATI,Stillen & Vortec etc.. Supercharged guys to post list:

1. where you live(state,city) and
2. who did your work and tuning...
3. and how your car is running
4. and SPECIFIC info on how to go about getting it done right.....AND IF ANOTHER PERSON TELLS ME SOMETHING GENERIC LIKE "Just do some Investigation"
....I'm Gonna SCREAM!!!....

Words like "TUNE" dont mean SHYTE to someone that doesn't know......try being a little more elaborite...I mean I know what it means now...to "tune your ECU".....but finding out was hell.....So hey keep the updates coming cause obviously MANY are interested ,including me....and got their credit cards/cash ready......

I sure most will agree...Yeah you can buy a ship yard of mods and bolt ons.....for 75-100 extra horses.....OR you can just supercharge and BAM!.....watch 280HP {G35 coupe} turn into 380HP ...like magic (if only it was that simple)

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 02-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this supercharger is really going to be under warranty at infiniti/nissan, then i'm in. That is, if it really will be under full powertrain warranty.

Old 02-10-2004, 08:29 AM

I agree, I know a little about cars but not a whole lot about tuning cars for more horses etc,. I am not a speed freak, but just like having a sleeper that can match or beat a M3. As far as I know if this is pulled off, it will be the first co. that got Infinit to back their product with a warranty. If that happens, I will definitely be interested. They say action speaks louder than words, so if that happens I hear good sounds. I hope it is true, because it will be some of the most exciting news to come out in a while.

Old 02-10-2004, 10:18 AM

Now they also make turbo chargers...(the guys that made this super charger) ...too bad there's no news on a possible turbo with infiniti warranty....

Old 02-10-2004, 04:39 PM

I don't think they plan to make a turbocharger for the Z\G? I think dreamworkes is making the turbo applications for the Sentras (SE-R's) and a SC kit for the Z\G.

Old 02-10-2004, 10:58 PM
G SQUAD

Well i guess We'll all find out soon enough....but fellas!!! IMAGINE ......What a beautiful day that would be!

400HP or betta at the crank....I dont know about you guys but anything from 300HP or more at the wheels is more than enough for me!!!!!!.........I mean this car is fast now...Imagin it with 75-100 more HP at the Back wheels!!!!.......SHEEET!

M3 Killer or not that Sh*T is fast....

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 02-11-2004, 12:21 AM

>=) Lexus for your luxury eh?

My G35c is for luxury, my F/A-18E Super Hornet is for my speed

KPS 03
"If your not a pilot, your a target"

Old 02-11-2004, 12:45 AM
G SQUAD

Yeah that hornet will give you some speed alright....!

My Lex beats my G35 coupe in the comfortable luxury, I love my coupe but Lexus got Infiniti beat when it comes to refinement......but when U put that pedal down...My Coupe does what i bought it for...

Old 02-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are twin turbos already installed on at least two G35 coupes I know of and several 350Zs. Frank on this forum is having the GReddy TT installed on his sedan right now.

I have had the Vortech supercharger on my 6MT sedan for about two months and it has definitely pushed the car off of the performance/luxury fence to the side of performance.

--Steve

Old 02-12-2004, 07:51 AM

Have you gotten any 0 to 60 and quarter mile times yet? Good job. A lot of people buy the sedand for various reasons. All to often, people assume that they don't want performance, but that isn't true in all cases.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Check out this supercharger!!!!