Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

FI for a 2006c MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FI for a 2006c MT

hey guys, I could really use some help here.

I have a 06 g35 coupe fully loaded that im looking to add FI too. Only issue is im so confused on which type of Fi and by which company.

from doing research thus far, ive been thinking between Greddy TT or Vortech Sc but im more than open to other types of FI

all and all im asking whats the fastest FI for my 06 coupe? Now i know theres many aspects you need to look at such as price and reliability and so forth but Id just like to know what is the fastest and price and so on down the list--TT correct?

this would really help clear things up for me as ive been searching for way to long now to have come up more confused.

now from what ive gotten through research and im sure this is wrong but heres a few FI with total cost and fastest to slowest FI for my 2006 g35c.

Greddy TT --- $10,000
Vortech SC--- unsure
Turbonetics Turbo--- unsure

are sc's 9/10 times faster than turbos?
TT always faster than both?

as you can see, im lost, and I will still continue to research but id hope you guys could help me out with this

thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate any help

Old 04-06-2007, 05:49 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
...search the FI forum in my350z.com

Being a Rev-up, you're limited to Greddy TT, Vortech SC, and a few other TT's that need modifications such as PE. There's a thread on my350 in the FI forum that talks about which kit fits for the rev-up engine...search and yee shall recieve.

Cliff notes:

"Cheap" and reliable...go Vortech
More expensive, more power, room for growth...go Greddy TT.

FWIW, I had a Vortech with 3.12 pulley and got rid of it for a built Greddy TT BUT, the rev-up engine revs higher than the non rev-up and therefore will make more peak whp.

Reliability isn't really an issue any more per se because tuners have for the most part figured out how to tune the VQ. As long as you have a good tune, you'll be okay for the most part running 400whp.

Like I told you in other threads, call Scott at Ballistic Motorsports in Manchester!! He's building my TT, building a TN 350z and recently did a Vortech rev-up.

He can also look at your SPC problem since he installed mine with no issues

Last edited by 617G; 04-06-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
If you have the money go with the Greddy.

Just make sure and get a better EM. Go with a UTEC or better and you will be good to go.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:55 PM
now if I did go with a Greddy TT would I end up spending around 10K??

furthermore, would a TT smoke a voretch sc g35 coupe?

Old 04-06-2007, 07:27 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487
now if I did go with a Greddy TT would I end up spending around 10K??

furthermore, would a TT smoke a voretch sc g35 coupe?
let me break it down for you...

Greddy TT w/ IC- ~5,700
BOV - ~200
Emanage Ultimate or Utec - ~700-1k
Gauges - ~600-1000 (depends on how much you want to spend...Autometer or Defi, it's up to you )
Boost Controller - ~250-350
Turbo Timer - ~100
Exhaust (Optional) - depends on how much you want to spend...I recommend Gredy EvoTT (Ti tips) ~1300
Upgraded Clutch - Not sure, since I drive a 5AT
And MOST importantly, Tune - ~500

That should cover a basic decent setup. Vortech will be a little less because you don't need a BC (boost controller) or Turbo timer. Exhaust will also be cheaper because piping should be around 2.5 in and Vortech comes with a BOV.

Now in terms of "smoke," it's a tossup (if you're on a STOCK block) and there's people on both sides of the fence. Vortech has a very linear tq starting from 3k and on and should be around ~360 on a revup. Max WHP will be the same for each, but the Greddy will have higher TQ and more area under the curve. You can make up for this with a Vortech by getting a 3.9 final gear ratio.

I could go on and on, but this should be enough to get you started. If you have more questions, search or give Scott a call I can give you his info if you'd like. There are VERY few good VQ installers/tuners in New England.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just go Greddy...nuff said

Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 PM
JWT - all the way

ZcarGarage is just about finished with my 06 6mt - car has been there for a while and almost finished. The wait has been worth it - really nice quality work. Best thing to do is take a ride in the different ones that you are interersted in. That's what we did. Rob had a whole line of cars that we took out for the old demo. There is a ton of differences in the drivability and dyno sheets don't tell the whole story. I really liked the JWT and the demo convinced me. Rob has also done something really special for the gauges that I'm going to share in the next few days. I have never seen anything like it anywhere - it's really "sick". Good luck.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Greddy > Vortech

More torque, way more under the curve power and way more room to grow in the future.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Financially...Vortech > Greddy

but your grin won't be as wide

Old 04-07-2007, 12:16 AM
haha alright well you guys are definetly helping me out and I appreciate it

im going to save up for a twin turbo (i think greddy) and ill see how things go. If its taking too long and i want something sooner than later then ill get the votech sc.

again thanks guys

Old 04-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by 617G
Financially...Vortech > Greddy

but your grin won't be as wide

soooooo true

Old 04-07-2007, 08:23 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)

im going to save up for a twin turbo (i think greddy) and ill see how things go. If its taking too long and i want something sooner than later then ill get the votech sc.

again thanks guys
if you need anything else, shoot me a PM..I had a Vortech last summer/fall and now am building my engine for the Greddy

Old 04-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 617G
...search the FI forum in my350z.com

Being a Rev-up, you're limited to Greddy TT, Vortech SC, and a few other TT's that need modifications such as PE. There's a thread on my350 in the FI forum that talks about which kit fits for the rev-up engine...search and yee shall recieve.

Yeah, the JWT TT kit works great on a revup as well. My 05 6MT loves it!

As for the advice about my350z, there is quite a bit more knowledge about forced induction on the my350z.com forums than there is here. I would also recommend doing quite a bit of searching there as well. Just keep in mind that the revup engines were only on 2006 Z's, and track model and anniversary model 2005 Z's.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:51 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

again thanks guys
3 Letters........J-W-T !!!!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 02:05 PM
all and all im asking whats the fastest FI for my 06 coupe?

This a wrong way on looking at a kit. All of them are fast if you turn up the boost It's how much power your stock block can hold is the big question. If you want to build your motor one day then you might as well go get a TT. Also there is a big difference between a SC and TT so my question for you is HOW FAST CAN YOU OPEN YOUR WALLET AND FOR HOW LONG. You can't compare SC to a ST or a TT it's just not fare and they don't cost the same.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.