Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Greddy TT vs. Turbonetics Single- What's Better

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by venommaxr33
if you go greddy...dump the e-manage for a utec or f-con and get a fuel return system and you'll be good. i've heard that the TN kit has a problem with overboost even after the relocation pipe but not sure....search that for accuracy?!?!
The Utec is superior over the Emanage for the GReddy TT kit and the reflash for the Turbonetics kit. Overboost is not an issue anymore on the Turbonetics kits due to the relocation pipe. You can always substitute the relocation pipe with an open dump setup like AJ and I have done

Old 06-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I've had both.

I currently have the Greddy, and am very happy with it. The install is much more intensive, but I like the way greddy designed the kit over the way TN chose to implement things.

For a little more money, I think the Greddy is a more versatile kit and better designed.

Of course, you can pick up a good used TN kit for under $3000.

The TN has more parkign lot appeal with its shiny pipes and up-front turbo. The TN also sounds wicked when it is spooling up!

The TN is pretty much done at 400 rwhp, where the greddy can take you up over 600 rwhp.

The greddy has a much nicer exhaust note than the TN....actually, I hated the way my engine sounds with the TN!!

HP:

TN at 9psi 360 whp/390 wtq
Greddy at 9 psi 400whp / 400wtq

Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahah i liked my engine soudn with the TN kit... but i mean thats all taste really...
fact is ont eh stock block the NT kit is a good kit, good price, easy to install, easy to tune and provides good whp and very good tq numbers too

Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Can you detail exactly why the UTEC is superior over the EU? I keep seeing this but no detailed reasons come out of it. Thanks

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
The Utec is superior over the Emanage for the GReddy TT kit and the reflash for the Turbonetics kit. Overboost is not an issue anymore on the Turbonetics kits due to the relocation pipe. You can always substitute the relocation pipe with an open dump setup like AJ and I have done

Old 06-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Can you detail exactly why the UTEC is superior over the EU? I keep seeing this but no detailed reasons come out of it. Thanks
The UTEC takes full control over fuel and timing at a tuner defined point, such as 1psi and 2200rpm, and maintains control throughout the power band. No intererence from the stock ECU can take place, which is a good thing.

The EU, on the other hand, takes the factory injector signal, and ignition signals, and adds or subtracts from them. So the tune is always at the mercy of whatever the stock ECU decides to do.

And most importantly, that UTEC has two features that can save your engine: Knock detection and feedback control, and overboost cut. Hope that helps!

Old 06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Red Card Crew

Thanks for the info. I'm learning here. Does the UTEC have a "target a/f" feature? Also does the UTEC have automatic changes for temp?

Old 06-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm learning here. Does the UTEC have a "target a/f" feature? Also does the UTEC have automatic changes for temp?
No Target AF feature for now. There is a temp correction feature, but the bands are a bit wide.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Looks like all the questions have been answered so all I will say is get the twins if you have the money. You will be happier down the line.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, I don't know why you would cheap out when your spending so much money to get an ST, You're done at 400hp if you can get there.

Who cares where your turbos are located, seriously?

Does the JWT have more potential than the Greddy-- seriously doubt it.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Yeah, I don't know why you would cheap out when your spending so much money to get an ST, You're done at 400hp if you can get there.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
the JWT and the Greddy TT both have their pros and cons... do some more searches about them, but ultimately its between you and the shop doing the job/install and which y'all feel most comfortable with suits your needs/driving style better

Old 06-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Can you install a Turbonetics on a 2005 G35 Coupe 6SPD? I was told by Turbonetics their model 10151 is for an
03-04 G35 when the engine was built to 280HP @ the crank.

Hardware wise they stated it would not be a problem but to get it to function well with the 2005 300HP motor you would need to install a UTEC or AEM or HKS Engine Mgt. System w/ tuning to function correctly.

Any thoughts/feedback....

Old 06-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Red Card Crew

Can you take a look at this thread. These guys are saying if you use the UTEC w/ the MAF, the oem ecu tries to fight the UTEC's settings. The only way to get the UTEC settings to stay set is to use the MAP feature. Then the UTEC takes full control.
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268925

Originally Posted by sharif@forged
The UTEC takes full control over fuel and timing at a tuner defined point, such as 1psi and 2200rpm, and maintains control throughout the power band. No intererence from the stock ECU can take place, which is a good thing.

The EU, on the other hand, takes the factory injector signal, and ignition signals, and adds or subtracts from them. So the tune is always at the mercy of whatever the stock ECU decides to do.

And most importantly, that UTEC has two features that can save your engine: Knock detection and feedback control, and overboost cut. Hope that helps!

Old 06-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Can you take a look at this thread. These guys are saying if you use the UTEC w/ the MAF, the oem ecu tries to fight the UTEC's settings. The only way to get the UTEC settings to stay set is to use the MAP feature. Then the UTEC takes full control.
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268925
This is for an NA tune, every FI setup a MAP sensor is pretty much a standard.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by AthenG
This is for an NA tune, every FI setup a MAP sensor is pretty much a standard.
Yes, I realize that. And I apologize for asking an NA question in a FI forum. But I still would like to know. I'm actually curious for a NA tune. It's hard to get UTEC discussions going so I usually piggy back an existing thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Greddy TT vs. Turbonetics Single- What's Better