Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Best spot to hide your gauges on a G35

Old 07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
thats weird, they should still reset and turn off. I lost my TPMS long time ago and and light has been off. It only comes on after long road trips but then turns off the next day. Check with your dealer.

You know what that means then right.. 03 04 and 05 > 06
Yeah whatever Mike!

Hexx's 384.1whp Vortech'd G > Mike's 370whp Vortech'd G

Old 07-18-2007, 05:30 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
thats weird, they should still reset and turn off. I lost my TPMS long time ago and and light has been off. It only comes on after long road trips but then turns off the next day. Check with your dealer.

You know what that means then right.. 03 04 and 05 > 06
I have an 05 and my TPMS light is always on too after the Volks... don't even notice it.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ha, tire pressure gauge, now thats funny

here's my Zeitronix.

It seems accurate to me. When I log my utec they're pretty close.
An A/F guage is almost moot, as a guage to try & watch.
I say almost because in most cases if it shoots up fast it's already too late. What's nice about it is if your a/f runs consistently high or low it'll alert you early enough to get things checked out.

I like mine alot. Has a/f boost & egt.

here's some picttures...

tire pressure, hahahahhahahaha, funnyDOMO

Attached Thumbnails Best spot to hide your gauges on a G35-picture-008.jpg   Best spot to hide your gauges on a G35-picture-007.jpg  
Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by baileyrx
ha, tire pressure gauge, now thats funny

here's my Zeitronix.

It seems accurate to me. When I log my utec they're pretty close.
An A/F guage is almost moot, as a guage to try & watch.
I say almost because in most cases if it shoots up fast it's already too late. What's nice about it is if your a/f runs consistently high or low it'll alert you early enough to get things checked out.

I like mine alot. Has a/f boost & egt.

here's some picttures...

tire pressure, hahahahhahahaha, funnyDOMO
Just curious, how do you compare Utec and Zeitronix A/F? As far as I know Utec log don't display A/f unless you are using the Tuner.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Question: I tried searching, and google.com, but what is "LAMBDA".

Also, that Zeitronix guage is pretty sweet...measures A/F, EGT, and Boost...

Old 07-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by AthenG
Just curious, how do you compare Utec and Zeitronix A/F? As far as I know Utec log don't display A/f unless you are using the Tuner.
oh, ya, when Sharif was tuning my car a while back...
and on a few dyno days here in GSO

lambda is a +/- % of a/f:

ie:

13.2 ~ 0.86
14.7 = 1.00
15.3 ~ 1.04

basically another(older) way to represent a/f

Old 07-18-2007, 07:42 PM
^^^thanks, Bailey.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Yeah whatever Mike!

Hexx's 384.1whp Vortech'd G > Mike's 370whp Vortech'd G

pwned

Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by AthenG
Great one piece gadget but not very accurate especially the AF.

It is a compromise, we use gauges to monitor our car and if you're driving the last think you want to do is look down, up or all the way to the right to check your gauges. I think the A-pillar is the easiest way to check for # and can be done on a quick glance without endangering your self. A-pillar will also tell the world that you are not stock and take away the luxury feel/look of our car, so it goes down to user preference. JMHO
I agree. If you're driving in the city.

If you're on the track you may want to glance at the gauges for a split second, but never long enough to actually sit there and look at them, I would assume if you're tracking and know what you're doing, you should be able to read all your gauges with the quickest glance you can give them. Now, if you have them on the A-Pillar, good luck on the track. If you're right, then I guess the professional driver that told me this info just is wrong and doesn't know what he is talking about. He wasn't the only one either, I have about 2 other people with first hand experience with tracking many many times, and they all hate the A-pillar gauges.

Plus, isn't the point of this thread for a sleeper look? Gauges anywhere that can seen without looking hard kind of get rid of that look. The only other location I would recommend for gauges are where the navi goes and below that where the ash tray is, but thats some $$$$ to get something fabricated. I know for one, I wouldn'y want some gauges in my face when I'm trying to concentrate 100% on a track.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian
I agree. If you're driving in the city.

If you're on the track you may want to glance at the gauges for a split second, but never long enough to actually sit there and look at them, I would assume if you're tracking and know what you're doing, you should be able to read all your gauges with the quickest glance you can give them. Now, if you have them on the A-Pillar, good luck on the track. If you're right, then I guess the professional driver that told me this info just is wrong and doesn't know what he is talking about. He wasn't the only one either, I have about 2 other people with first hand experience with tracking many many times, and they all hate the A-pillar gauges.

Plus, isn't the point of this thread for a sleeper look? Gauges anywhere that can seen without looking hard kind of get rid of that look. The only other location I would recommend for gauges are where the navi goes and below that where the ash tray is, but thats some $$$$ to get something fabricated. I know for one, I wouldn'y want some gauges in my face when I'm trying to concentrate 100% on a track.
Like I said it is all user preference and usage. For tracking then yes it can be a problem but not for Drag. The best way to put gauges with a sleeper look is by the navi or by the clock. Anything above the dash is good but that cost $$$$. If the OP want a sleeper look then I suggest to spend $$$ coz there is no point of having it by the glove compartment if you can't monitor it without endangering himself (Street Driving). I have the A-Pillar and still have problem taking a glance coz I still need to look at the road and RPM all at the same time.

Can't really argue here coz everyone has their own purpose and reason for using gauges, it is just my reason on having one is to keep an eye on my car as much as I can. I would like to have it by the Nav or dash but I don't want to spend $$$ on fabrication. All my reasoning are for Street Driving coz that's were 90% of the car are being used here, some will never even see the track.

Un-Subscribing.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 AM
i have my guages mounted to the a-pillar, but without the huge a-pillar pod. you would be amazed how much of your vision that pod takes away. hopefully i will be tracking the car in the fall, and i can let people know if my vision is obscured with the guages on the pillar. on the street i can look through them when i'm in a left handed turn.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think this looks ok...

Name:  43.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  81.0 KB

Old 07-19-2007, 01:00 AM
^^^ That's pretty much what I was talking about. My ideal spot for gauges.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
I think this looks ok...

Looks like Steve's old setup.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^that's cuz it is!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best spot to hide your gauges on a G35