Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Install Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics Install Question...

Turbonetics should be in this week for install on '03 auto sedan (early build with only 260 hp). Keep hearing about going with the UTEC as opposed to overnighting ECU to Turbonetics to reflash. Current mods include DC Sports headers (which I WILL be able to keep with this system), Borla cat back, Tein coilovers, 5/16 plenum spacer, K&N cold air and z-tube (will be losing both once turbo installed).

What would I gain with UTEC vs. having ECU reflashed?

Would the UTEC allow for a better tune considering mods? My sedan is a daily driver, so I am not looking to get sick horsepower. Also, what kind of #'s should I expect to see on the dyno....was guessing ~350ish rwhp and similar torque.
I was very close to pulling trigger on Vortech, but too sc owners told me if they were to do it over they would have spent the additional $ and go turbo.
Thanks to you guys on the forum, the advice has been very helpful....

Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 PM
the TN ECU reflash only work great when you have a bone stock car, you have to many mods and there is a greater chance of overboosting/leaning out with your system. Many people have great success with the ECU reflash but I prefer the extra protection of Utec. FWIW, I have a great conservative tune and still on a very hot humid days i still get some knock on certain loads, good thing I can go to UTEC and do some minor fuel enrichment or pull some timing on that specific area. Not sure where you live but with that to many mods and if you are in the NE then watch out for the winter season.

Edit:
Not sure about the reflash but how do you do any logging on your car? I think having the capability to do some logging is crucial coz you don't really see what happen on your car just by looking at your gauge.

Last edited by FI'ed G; 09-11-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
We recomened you get the utec, utec map, walbro 255 and 650cc injectors. This setup is awesome , just get a good tune

Matt
we have utecs in stock

Old 09-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes definitely get the utec. then you are just one tune away from having a very very safe reliable fast car for every day driving...

Old 09-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
DANGER DANGER - You had better take a good look at the connector on your ECU before you order a UTEC! My 03 Sedan has a different connector and I had to send the UTEC back in favour of a Greddy Ultimate because the Ultimate splices in. It's pretty obvious when you look at it whether it is the right one or not. You need F108 shown below.

Attached Thumbnails Turbonetics Install Question...-ecuplugs.jpg  
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by sliderg35
DANGER DANGER - You had better take a good look at the connector on your ECU before you order a UTEC! My 03 Sedan has a different connector and I had to send the UTEC back in favour of a Greddy Ultimate because the Ultimate splices in. It's pretty obvious when you look at it whether it is the right one or not. You need F108 shown below.

Maybe coz you're from Canada

Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AthenG
Maybe coz you're from Canada
Yeah, we must have received the first ones. The US gets those left over after we take our pick.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:44 AM
lol awesome man. Go CANADA.......ay? haha I was born in Toronto. I miss there