Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Best vendor for built motor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best vendor for built motor?

Recently, I've been looking for a vendor to build me a motor but there are many vendors out there. Z1 Motorsports, Intense Power, Forged Performance, Performance Factory, SGP Racing, BuiltZMotors. From these, who do you all trust the most for an engine build? I'm leaning towards Performance Factory right now, but wanted to get everyone's input before reaching the point of no return (place order)...

Thanks for all your input guys...

--Redz

Old 10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I've heard good and bad things about each of these vendors and this is only my opinion. I heard that cosworth is one of the best engine builders around but they make you pay for it. I had my engine built by SGP racing. On some occasions I've pushed as high as 21 psi and haven't had a problem.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM
They are all good so if you are closer to SGP then go with them since you want someone local just in case ChiT happen.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Redzzand, check us out. We do all of our machining in-house, including sleeving, with CNC equipment. Moreover, our technicians are Nissan Certified Master Technicians and were with nissan for 10+ years. We buld and tune many motors each month - we have experience doing BC Strokers as well as non-stroked 3.8's. Feel free to give me a call at the shop at 301.330.8835, or shoot me an email if your interested and have any questions about pricing.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
search my350z.com there is a lot more experience with built motors over there. GTM seems to have some really good rep from what i've read. Forged Performance and Performance Factory are also up there.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:13 AM
By the way don't be fooled by experience alone, you want a stand up shop that will back you up and not rape you

Old 10-09-2007, 11:15 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
By the way don't be fooled by experience alone, you want a stand up shop that will back you up and not rape you
someone had bring it up, lol.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
^hahaha lol +1

Old 10-09-2007, 11:41 AM
They are all good so if you are closer to SGP then go with them since you want someone local just in case ChiT happen.
yeah, i was about to order from SGP since they are the closest ones to me but PF has given me a nice quote with more parts than anyone else.

i've been browsing my350Z as well and I know what your talking about... that is why I'm only looking at select vendors

how can i get ahold of GTM? I tried looking for a website but I believe its down. I need to get a quote from them....

Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 AM
GTM is the chit but aint the cheapest (you get what you pay for). You can PM George@GTM or Sam@GTM at my350z.com for quote.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
GTM is the chit but aint the cheapest (you get what you pay for). You can PM George@GTM or Sam@GTM at my350z.com for quote.
True. GTM is da shiet but they aren't cheap. But you definitely get what you pay for with them. Sam, George, Nick and the rest of the crew at GTM are awesome. I can speak from first hand experience with them because my G has been at their shop before and it is there once again right now. If anything goes wrong with the work they did, they will take care of it. They have an in house dyno and machining equipment so they literally do everything in house. In other words, they don't have to send your engine out to get any work done. If you decide to get your work done by them, you won't regret it. BTW, their website is currently down because it is being worked on. But you can contact them at (909)481-1601. Good luck.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I understand if forum members have read things here and there and I'm not denying that there were past issues concerning customer support. I've recently come back to AAM (Was here between 00-03), to help change things around. We have the experience, and now we back all of our work - there are no more issues concerning customer support. If you dont want a quote, thats cool. I just want members to understand that Altered has a largely new staff committed to customer service and support. Its hard to prove such a thing with posts, thats why I constantly encourage forum members to give us a call, swing by the shop or drop us emails. So swing by, shoot me an email, or give us a call, or you'll never know!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GTM is def the best if you have the time and money

but the guys at Performance Factory are great, they do amazing work for a fair price

and there is no BS in Jeremy, he is an awsome guy and a very honest one. He'll tell you exactly what you need to get and what you dont really need

Old 10-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by escobar929
GTM is def the best if you have the time and money

but the guys at Performance Factory are great, they do amazing work for a fair price

and there is no BS in Jeremy, he is an awsome guy and a very honest one. He'll tell you exactly what you need to get and what you dont really need
+1

Jeremy and PF are definitely awesome also. Anytime I have asked him or Ryan a question, they always got back to me ASAP. And their prices are also very good.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 PM
jcc
I was treated very good by Sharif at Forged so I will have to issue a plug in his favor. My built motor (although I only have 5000 miles on it) has performed flawlessly. Little or no piston slap and no oil consumption. I drive everyday at 14 psi boost and love every minute of it. I have heard only good things about Sharif and his company, hence my car is built by him. Customer service (what little I've needed) has been top notch. His screen name is sharif@forged, you could PM him on here or better on my350Z.com and he would answer any and all questions you may have.

Good Luck,

Judson

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best vendor for built motor?