Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My ATI ProCharger build at Ballistic Motorsports - '03 5AT Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ATI ProCharger build at Ballistic Motorsports - '03 5AT Coupe

So as some of you may know, I've been planning and researching the ATI ProCharger kit for months... I finally got everything I need, and have just dropped the car off at Ballistic Motorsports in Manchester, NH. This was my first time at the shop, and I was truly impressed! I am confident that Scott (owner) is the right person to work on this. Well, here's what will be going in over the next few weeks:

* ATI ProCharger C-2 (7lb pulley)
* Larger intercooler (it's HUGE compared to the stock ATI one)
* Greddy 440cc injectors
* Walbro 255lph fuel pump
* NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
* Greddy E-Manage Ultimate w/ AutoSport Harness & optional pressure sensor
* J&S UltraSafeGuard
* B&M SuperCooler transmission cooler
* Stillen Oil Cooler
* Zeitronix wideband A/F meter w/ EGT & boost sensors

Ballistic is also sending my valve body out to Speed Force Racing to get upgraded. My car is 5AT, so I want to keep the tranny shifting quick and running cool. After the install, the car will be tuned by Giles at Holy Roller Dyno (i've heard great things about this guy). I'm not sure what the power will be, but we're estimating high-300's or maybe 400whp.

I'll update the thread with pics and news... for now, check out the pics of the shop and some of my parts:

Old 11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
parts look good but i think the intercooler might be toooo big unless u thinking of uping the boost to +10psi. This might hurt your hp at the lo rpms. Also I'm not sure if u can use the EU with the safeguard together. I think ppl tried in the past and it just didnt want to work.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
parts look good but i think the intercooler might be toooo big unless u thinking of uping the boost to +10psi. This might hurt your hp at the lo rpms. Also I'm not sure if u can use the EU with the safeguard together. I think ppl tried in the past and it just didnt want to work.
No such thing as too big an intercooler The most important things about ICs are cooling efficiency, pressure drop and flow. I'd go with as big of an IC as I can fit in there. Given the fin density is good, larger IC will cool better and will give you denser charge which means more power and will resist heat soak, although with FMICs, it's not really an issue. If the pressure drop is minimal, he'll see good power delivery all over the RPM range. It's hard to judge based on size alone. Given the IC is a brand name one, it's probably of good quality and will deliver. Also, that blower is rated at 1100 cfm so I would not be worried about it.

Arcady, I noticed no exhaust listed in your parts list. Any plans on opening that up? If you still have the stock cats in place, you may have EGT issues once you start turning up the boost due to increased back pressure which may limit your tune potential. Just something to think about.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats A. Remember what me, you and Andy talked about for you to run safe. You are going to have a blast when it is all said and done. Keep us posted!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:52 AM
He has this really loud @ss fart can on his car called an Injen...lol... everytime my car is parked somewhere and he drives by it sets my alarm off ....j/k. I forget which one he has though. I think it's the SES
Originally Posted by Ziggyrama
Arcady, I noticed no exhaust listed in your parts list.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 AM
EU + Safeguard work fine

Trending Topics

Old 11-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Nice and i like the larger ic.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
Congrats A. Remember what me, you and Andy talked about for you to run safe. You are going to have a blast when it is all said and done. Keep us posted!
You guys talking about me again LOL

Old 11-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by BMotorsports
EU + Safeguard work fine
yup, no problems here.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
I spoke to my shop and my tuner about the EU and J&S. They've done it before, and have several ppl currently running it. So i foresee no problems... i'll let you know how it goes, tho!

Originally Posted by Ziggyrama
Arcady, I noticed no exhaust listed in your parts list. Any plans on opening that up? If you still have the stock cats in place, you may have EGT issues once you start turning up the boost due to increased back pressure which may limit your tune potential. Just something to think about.
I have the X02 exhaust... it's a 2.5" true-dual cat-back setup. So I still have the stock cats, but everything after that is very free-flowing.

Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
How can I ever forget?? LoL, i definitely kept you guys in mind the entire time I was collecting parts for the procharger. I head a little voice in my head that kept saying "dont be stupid, play safe!" that's why i got the J&S safeguard and the VB upgrade and tranny cooler (ahem, Andy, ahem ).

EU + Safeguard work fine
Hey Scott! I remember you asked me what type of oils I preferred... i'm fine with whatever you think is good. I've been using valvoline 5w-30 conventional oil every 3000 miles.... so i'm not too picky . if you think synthetic is the way to go, then i'm all for it.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Lol nothing but good things all the time bro
You guys talking about me again LOL

Old 11-07-2007, 10:49 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
i see my tranny lol

congrats Arcady! might want to put a fan on the back of the IC like TN since you have the Nismo front, although I think the Nismo ducts are bigger

Last edited by 617G; 11-07-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I always thought sc wanted more back pressure so wouldnt having a bigger intercooler flow better but at the same time create less low end pw and tq due to less boost?

As for the safeguard, let me know how that works out bc I have the EU and would love to know if I can add extra protection myself. Would I need to retune my car or can I just program it to pull more timing if it sees knock without a dyno tune?

Old 11-07-2007, 11:25 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
I always thought sc wanted more back pressure so wouldnt having a bigger intercooler flow better but at the same time create less low end pw and tq due to less boost?

As for the safeguard, let me know how that works out bc I have the EU and would love to know if I can add extra protection myself. Would I need to retune my car or can I just program it to pull more timing if it sees knock without a dyno tune?
You wouldn't need a retune, but it would help since you can get a more aggressive tune and let the JS do its thing when it sees knock

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My ATI ProCharger build at Ballistic Motorsports - '03 5AT Coupe