Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Stillen Supercharger and what else

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jtunello
Is there anything else i could do that setup to get more power to the wheels?

Like everyone else said, you will be lucky if you hit more than 340whp with your setup even with Stage 4. Stillen as blown motors and to say that Turbo has more maintenance is also not true. Only thing I do to my car is keep an eye on my Oil and do them regularly and no belt to worry about. You also cant tune Stillen coz the box is locked by stillen. Good Luck!

Edit.

Originally Posted by jtunello
Im sure that a Turbo will take more maintenece and wear on the engine vs a stillen supercharger
Says who? HP is HP, Stillen is safe coz you can't run high #'s on them so that is a crappy why to compare them. I bet you my 4.5 psi at 310whp will outlast your stage 3 Stillen. You also want the lowest PSI you can run so I'll take a 5psi 340whp than a 7psi 340whp any day.

I think you really rushed into this before doing any research.

Last edited by FI'ed G; 11-19-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
Like everyone else said, you will be lucky if you hit more than 340whp with your setup even with Stage 4. Stillen as blown motors and to say that Turbo has more maintenance is also not true. Only thing I do to my car is keep an eye on my Oil and do them regularly and no belt to worry about. You also cant tune Stillen coz the box is locked by stillen. Good Luck!

I think you really rushed into this before doing any research.
That's the main reason why I ruled out the Stillen SC right at the beginning (well that and the fugly hood). And like FI'ed G said, the Stillen box is locked. So it's not like you can just retune it to squeeze more power out of your setup. And if you break the lock on the box to try to re-tune, Stillen will no longer honor the warranty. Lastly, the Stillen SC does not like additional mods at all. You are fine with the Stillen exhaust and intake but if you try to add hfc's, headers, plenum spacer, etc. you will probably lose power. I really think you should have researched this more before pulling the trigger.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Let me say, that I am a high mileage driver with an automatic, I use my car for business and without it I would have no income so I have to be real safe with the option I choose. I dont care to race or have god loads of HP, just want to have fun and most of all be safe on the engine, im not a monkey wrench nor do I have time to have my car in the shop for any reason, also, all the work is being done by the Dealership, so no voiding of warranty is to be expected.....Secondly, I wanna show the vehile and I think the Polished Stillen SC is a show piece all in itself.......I do appreciate all the feedback and everyone has thier own opinion, but what is most important to me is Reliabilty and Stillen has proven that by keeping it around 7psi with a bolt on SC, not to mention it sounds sick, way better than turbo......

Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 PM
^^^As long as you like it, that's all that matters bro. The Stillen SC does have decent torque. And it's definitely pretty reliable and safe. Enjoy your new found power bro.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:13 PM
hahah, make sure have your dealer put it in writing that they will warrant your car after the Stillen SC install. I bet you they wont put that in writing in case they do put it in writing then forget about running anything higher than stage 2 so be happy with 301.98whp

Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
hahah, make sure have your dealer put it in writing that they will warrant your car after the Stillen SC install. I bet you they wont put that in writing in case they do put it in writing then forget about running anything higher than stage 2 so be happy with 301.98whp
Miller Infiniti in Burbank, CA keeps the warranty when installing Stillen SC

Old 11-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
i dont think it keeps warranty after stage 2 man.. once you step up to stage 3 or stage 4 the warranty talk goes out the window

Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
before you even consider going stillen, you might want to take a read on this:
https://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic/184650-don-t-buy-stillen.html

Old 11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by dijstiiv
i dont think it keeps warranty after stage 2 man.. once you step up to stage 3 or stage 4 the warranty talk goes out the window
You're probably right, but still.
Also, I wouldn't go after Stage 2, since it is the last, CARB legal, stage.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by dijstiiv
Very true!! The warranty is only good with stage 2. After that, they won't honor it anymore.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
if i were going to go into FI i would want to make more than 320whp for the money, but that just my .02 why spend all that money and still have ehhh #'s

Old 11-20-2007, 02:20 PM
With that much money to blow, Greddy TT is the only way to go.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
With that much money to blow, Greddy TT is the only way to go.
+ 1 on that as i have probably had the stillen longer then almost everybody.If you like a lot of low end torque then the stillen will be fine but if you want real power..............hell no dont go with the stillen.
The only reason that i went with the stillen back in mid 2003 was there was nothing else out there that didnt blow the motor,s.I still like the kit for what it is but since my switch to the greddy twins........it is like night and day.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hey guys,

Hope you don't mind me putting in an opinion.

If you're looking for gobs of power then you're probably not going going to want to go with the Stillen supercharger. We didn't design the kit to make tons of power. We designed the kit to offer a big gain in power with reliability and legality in mind. To date Stillen is still the only company with a street legal supercharger that is backed by a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.

If you want something that is going to be very powerful and you're not worried about legality or warranty then I encourage you to go with a twin turbo setup. However, something that you might want to keep in mind is that one of our customers with a manual G35 sedan with our Stage 4 supercharger and Cosworth heads just beat a twin turbo G35 coupe in the 1/4 mile...

Old 12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
That don't mean anything. The TT car could be only pushing 4.5psi or yet not tuned. It could also be the TT was on Street tires and was just spinning all day with bad tires. I agree that the Stillen has the Legit CARB alibi but Vortech also has a CARB sticker. Dont tell me that your Stage 4 is street legal Still is just way to much money if you aad the Hood, JMHO!!!

By the way Stillen Stage 2 SC has blown engine already so it is just as risky as the other kits out there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen Supercharger and what else