Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

AT Check light flashing...car won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you figured it out Moog . The Utec seems to have some wierd problems at times .

SGP is a very good . My motor was built by them . I think they shy away from the 350 and G35 forums because of the bull crap and the clicks you need to be part of to be accepted on the forums

Last edited by booger; 11-21-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Simple Ax6 G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SKYLINE_GT
Its really time to get retuned for me..
set it up and I'll go with you D.

Last edited by pabg35; 11-21-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:21 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by SKYLINE_GT
Congrats on getting the problem fixed. Have you figured out where the boost leak is coming from? Its really time to get retuned for me..
I took my blower out last weekend. One of the bolts holding the blower onto the bracket had backed out. The threads were stripped (like that when I bought the kit used). Decided to retap and helicoil it. Don't think I retightened all the couplings, so I will do that. Also going to redo all my clamps to T-bolt clamps, as top speed just got a few thousand in stock. Rechecking everything else this holiday weekend, going to change the oil as well to something thinner. Don't like the 15W50 I just put in there. It takes a long time to get flowing into the SC in the cold mornings.

Old 04-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by waijai
The car is fixed!!!

We had almost given up hope. I was calling around to get towed to the dealership, when a 350Z with UTEC came in to get tuned the next day. The SAME EXACT thing happened to this auto 350Z. So with some deductive reasoning the shop was finally able to determine the common link between the two cars. The USB cable used to connect to the UTEC was slightly damaged/crushed. This caused a short when connected to the UTEC, which blew a fuse in the box behind the battery. This threw off the electrical communication within the vehicle. A call to TurboXS helped determine which fuse it was. The fuse wasn't visibliy blown, but replacing it corrected the issue.

Special thanks to Mark @ SGP who actually called me yesterday morning to see if I had figured it out. He then said he was going out of town for thanksgiving and would take my contact info with me to check in, and he'd call me again on Monday if nothing had been resolved. I have never had my car worked on by SGP, but had been referred to them by several friends who have had their G35s tuned there. He was extremely helpful in lending advice and suggestions on how we could diagnose the problem. Thank you again Mark.
Ik this is a really old post but do you happen to remember which fuse it was that blew my car is having the same symptoms but mine is most likely due to a short in the ghetto kill switch the previous owner had on it that i took out

Old 08-22-2020, 10:09 PM
04’ G35 Coupe Sport
Originally Posted by waijai
I took my blower out last weekend. One of the bolts holding the blower onto the bracket had backed out. The threads were stripped (like that when I bought the kit used). Decided to retap and helicoil it. Don't think I retightened all the couplings, so I will do that. Also going to redo all my clamps to T-bolt clamps, as top speed just got a few thousand in stock. Rechecking everything else this holiday weekend, going to change the oil as well to something thinner. Don't like the 15W50 I just put in there. It takes a long time to get flowing into the SC in the cold mornings.
hey man, what fuse was it???

Old 08-22-2020, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by JustinG35
hey man, what fuse was it???
I never got a reply but it got worse and ended up not being able to start so i just replaced the entire IPDM and it fixed all my issues