Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech Upgrade with 440 Injectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
If the 440's are maxed out or close to being maxed out, that's definitely not a good thing. My point is that 550's tuned correctly is more than enough and he wouldn't even be close to maxing out. 550's are not overkill.
Like I said.....if you are tuned safely with out raising fuel preasure .....I'll say it again.....if you are tuned safely with out rasing fuel preasure . And the 440's are NOT maxed out....and the 440's are NOT maxed out . WHy spend money on bigger injectors ??????

Now if you were starting a build and knew you were going to try to max out the SC with the smallest pulley . Yes I would buy 550's . But if you already have 440's why run out and buy bigger injectors until you actualy need them ??? It would be over kill and a waist of money to do so...over kill !!!!

Last edited by booger; 11-28-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:57 PM
For my opinion, if you go with a 3.12 pulley you should also get:

- 550 to 650cc injectors (will give you room to not max out if you are staying) returnless
- Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Add a retune to the mix and you will have a beast close to 400rwhp!

If you have the stock Vortech fuel system, just keep your 440's and just raise you fuel pressure via fmu and you should be fine.

As for going with a 2.87 pulley on our nonrevup engines, you most likely will overspin your blower. I did the math on Vortech's impeller speed calculator and you would have to keep your redline to 6400, which in my opinion the 6600 rpm limit is too low to begin with. Plus, you will be netting over 400rwhp easily and that is when a fuel return system will be necessary to keep things safe.

Last edited by G35Asian; 11-28-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by booger
Like I said.....if you are tuned safely with out raising fuel preasure .....I'll say it again.....if you are tuned safely with out rasing fuel preasure . And the 440's are NOT maxed out....and the 440's are NOT maxed out . WHy spend money on bigger injectors ??????

Now if you were starting a build and knew you were going to try to max out the SC with the smallest pulley . Yes I would buy 550's . But if you already have 440's why run out and buy bigger injectors until you actualy need them ??? It would be over kill and a waist of money to do so...over kill !!!!
Alright man. I'm not gonna get into an arguement over petty **** with you. You already got your yourself banned at my350z.com for all your argueing, bashing and petty comments. I'm not gonna contribute to you getting banned here too.

To the OP, just do as much research as possible and make the best choice possible for yourself and your vehicle. GL.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:29 PM
it kinda depends on the power you're making really

the 440+whp vortech guys generally all had to use 550 injectors

Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned
Alright man. I'm not gonna get into an arguement over petty **** with you. You already got your yourself banned at my350z.com for all your argueing, bashing and petty comments. I'm not gonna contribute to you getting banned here too.

To the OP, just do as much research as possible and make the best choice possible for yourself and your vehicle. GL.
Common be honest...You are mad at me because I said something bad about your favorite shop that you and the Mod that band me love to nut hug . I didnt say chit to you or Nitrous and he band me for aggrivating him . He is a big nut hugger that is a Mod and over used his powers...big f-cking deal . You showed your anger towards me in that thread [ which he and you had no part of ] and you are bringing it over here .

Old 11-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned
Members of this site as well as shops always seem to want to give advice that leads to other members buying parts they dont need . It starts with one shop giving one person advice on over kill parts for a build . So that person and every one else that reads it , thinks that thats the parts you need . When in fact you could have gotten by for much less and be just as safe and make just as much HP .

If being honest and trying to save a member a couple of bucks is bad . Im a nasty guy then . lol

Old 11-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by booger
Common be honest...You are mad at me because I said something bad about your favorite shop that you and the Mod that band me love to nut hug . I didnt say chit to you or Nitrous and he band me for aggrivating him . He is a big nut hugger that is a Mod and over used his powers...big f-cking deal . You showed your anger towards me in that thread [ which he and you had no part of ] and you are bringing it over here .
I could care less if you hate GTM booger. And more importantly, GTM could care less that you hate them. You think way too highly of yourself.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 PM
so what then happens if the OP tries the 440's and they end up not being enough and runs out of fuel?

then there's 2 options:

- suck it up and live with a lean tune - dumb idea
or
- take the injectors back out which will cost more $/time in labor, sell them for a loss if they were brand new, order 550's, wait for them to arrive, spend yet more $/time installing those

hate hate hate
such hate for a shop he's never been to or done anything to him. Just why are there so many GTM supporters? They have their reasons. I don't think if so many walked away from them unhappy that there'd be so many GTM fans.

I've ragged a lot on Vivid Racing from my experience there. If I think a shop is unfair, I tell as many people as I can about it, but it's not the case with GTM

Last edited by sentry65; 11-28-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by sentry65
so what then happens if the OP tries the 440's and they end up not being enough and runs out of fuel?

then there's 2 options:

- suck it up and live with a lean tune - dumb idea
or
- take the injectors back out which will cost more $/time in labor, sell them for a loss if they were brand new, order 550's, wait for them to arrive, spend yet more $/time installing those
Read the whole thread you ding bat . The guy has 440's already . If and when he maxes out the 440's...go to 550's . Simple as that . why waist money in the mean time .

what...did Hex PM you so you two GTM nut huggers could come gang up on me...lol See the sad thing is...Ive always said they [ GTM] is a good shop . But unless I nut hug with you and act like AND SAY.....Sam you are a GOD...Im considered a hater . And I will be band and bashed until I say the words...lol . Got to be in the [ CLICK ] on MY350Z to be accepted you know .

Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 PM
time and money will still be wasted on pulling out the 440's taking off the plenum etc, then later doing the reverse to put 550's in

440's might be fine though, who knows. Every car is a little different

you've made your point about GTM several times. You don't like them and think they're too expensive or whatever. It's like telling all the supercar owners they're getting ripped off and should just buy a vette

what exactly is it that would make you happy with GTM?

Last edited by sentry65; 11-28-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
i love childish people .... btw you shuld be runnin the 550's.. GL

Old 11-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Banned
I could care less if you hate GTM booger. And more importantly, GTM could care less that you hate them. You think way too highly of yourself.
Yes you do care.....thats why you chimed in on that thread at My350 and made comments about me . Nothing was ever said about you . You came in and made your comments about me . You had no part what so ever in that thread and chimed in for only one reason . Because you cared that I dont care for Sam and his [ impo ] bad ethical dealings with SOME customers . You were doing nothing but nut hugging .

Old 11-28-2007, 08:19 PM
nothing wrong for standing up for a business you believe in that you had a good experience with

Old 11-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by dijstiiv
i love childish people .... btw you shuld be runnin the 550's.. GL
That's why the childish one got banned on my350z.com. He'll take any opportunity at all to indirectly or directly bash GTM. The funny thing is that he thinks that calling us "nut huggers" is hurting our feelings. Call us nut huggers all you want booger. We went to a shop that we had an awesome experience with and did top notch work. So just like sentry said, I let as many people as I can know about good shops when I have a good experience. I guess you can call me a Status "nut hugger" too. They hooked me up on my wheels and practically all my suspension. So if someone asks, I'm gonna say, go to Status.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by sentry65
time and money will still be wasted on pulling out the 440's taking off the plenum etc, then later doing the reverse to put 550's in

440's might be fine though, who knows. Every car is a little different

you've made your point about GTM several times. You don't like them and think they're too expensive or whatever. It's like telling all the supercar owners they're getting ripped off and should just buy a vette

what would make you happy about GTM? If no one went there anymore and they went out of business?
Are you drunk ?????

Here I'll put it in capital letters so maybe you can read it then .

THE GUY HAS 440 INJECTORS INSTALLED IN THE CAR ALREADY . WHY PULL THEM OUT UNTILL HE NEEDS TO !!!! GET IT ????? LOL

This thread isnt about GTM...you guys are bringing it into this thread . Please stay on topic . If you want to talk about GTM..start another thread and I will go talk to you about it there .

Sorry to the OP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vortech Upgrade with 440 Injectors