Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Gruppe-S Shop Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, group S is now off my list.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I buy a lot of my parts from gruppe-s cause I get a great discount. I never had any problems with that. Always fast transactions, Great customer service. I even flew to Cali from MD, just to meet the people who I do business with. Besides being a "great vacation spot" Kali. I can not speak on behalf of there performance work and customer installs since my car was never brought there to get any work done. But for the technical questions I have asked when I had a problem installing something myself, they tend to be very knowledgeable on the subject.

I will still continue to do business with them as long as they treat me well.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nyqueenz
I buy a lot of my parts from gruppe-s cause I get a great discount. I never had any problems with that. Always fast transactions, Great customer service. I even flew to Cali from MD, just to meet the people who I do business with. Besides being a "great vacation spot" Kali. I can not speak on behalf of there performance work and customer installs since my car was never brought there to get any work done. But for the technical questions I have asked when I had a problem installing something myself, they tend to be very knowledgeable on the subject.

I will still continue to do business with them as long as they treat me well.
I am glad you have had good experiences with them, I am of course speaking of just one experience.

It is interesting to hear you speak of getting tech. support from them, when I was having problems with the engine loosing power at higher RPMS I called them for some help in troubleshooting...they told me they couldn't help me, they don't provide tech. support. I guess once they got my money and the car was a few hundred miles away it wasn't their problem anymore.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Former Sponsor
Nuclearcarnie

First and foremost, we apologize for leaving some dirty marks in the interior of your vehicle. Our mechanic does seem to get his hands dirtier than most. We were rushing a bit to meet your dead line, which is not an excuse. To help make amends we would like to send you a care package with some different cleaning supplies and waxing products from Meguirs. Please PM me your new address so we can send it to you.

As for your turbo install, we did take longer than expected which we also apologize about. Though we explained that we could make this kit work, being that your vehicle was a ’06, the turbo kit was not a direct bolt on for your model year. I hoped that we had made it clear that we had to fabricate all the missing parts, including fabricating custom parts to make this kit work. There was quite a bit of work needed and we miscalculated the build time. I don’t want to go into the details of every single thing we had to fabricate or modify, but I will say that we can understand why Turbonetics has not easily developed a ’06 model kit, as the fitment was quite different. I’m sure most car enthusiasts have come across unexpected problems and delays during installs of their vehicle.

In our defense the car was dropped off to us without any of the parts here. We did not schedule you in, but understanding that you were driving a distance accepted your vehicle to store with us until we were ready to begin. We then waited for about 2 weeks before we finally had Turbonetics send an incomplete kit to start your build as soon as we can. We also had to wait for the additional smaller parts to be sent. While this isn’t any one parties fault, we just want to clarify that about 2-3 weeks at the beginning of the build was us waiting for the product to begin your install.

I understand if you have any questions about your vehicle, please give us a call and ask for Eugene or Mike at 949-457-1234. The purpose of this post is to provide our side of the story. We understand the customer is not directly attacking us, but merely stating his experience with us. We just want the opportunity to alleviate any problems, and address any issues that may still need to be taken care of.

Last edited by gruppe-s; 05-05-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I must give credit to the poster from gruppe s to post that. That is a kind post, and if I publically posted my experience with some shops that I have dealt with, I would have been post whored to hell.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649

Originally Posted by nuclearcarnie
I guess once they got my money and the car was a few hundred miles away it wasn't their problem anymore.

Exactly! Perfectly said, it's sad but true.....fvcking people man...
There may have just been a miscommunication, just ask for our front desk as they specifically handle any customer installs.

We just want to clarify that the sales associates that answer the phone are a specific team to strictly handle calls geared towards orders and any questions about products that we sell. They generally do not deal with any walk ins or installs.

We are owned by Dynamic Autosports, which has been in business since 1991 under the same owner. We would never try to trick or swindle people out of money. If we had bad business ethics we would not be able to claim 17 years of customer service under our belt.
Dynamic Autosports/Gruppe-S Info

Old 05-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Ok Sorry, very fair enough, I shall delete my posts

Old 05-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
what do you do to make $1500 in one day?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by gruppe-s
There may have just been a miscommunication, just ask for our front desk as they specifically handle any customer installs.

We just want to clarify that the sales associates that answer the phone are a specific team to strictly handle calls geared towards orders and any questions about products that we sell. They generally do not deal with any walk ins or installs.

We are owned by Dynamic Autosports, which has been in business since 1991 under the same owner. We would never try to trick or swindle people out of money. If we had bad business ethics we would not be able to claim 17 years of customer service under our belt.
Dynamic Autosports/Gruppe-S Info
There must have been 6 or 7 weeks of miscommunication!
You displayed very poor customer comunication and did a shabby job installing my kit not to mention scratching the hell out of my front bumper and greasing up the interior of my $40,000 dollar car!!!!

I appreciate the fact that this was more of a project than originally anticipated and I don't fault your shop for the delay in shipping from Turbonetics. The part that upsets me the most is the fact that I never recieved one phone call until the second to last week to let me know that it wasn't done yet. There was never any communication to offer fabrication resolutions for the part that never got shipped. I had to suggest it.

I would have been more satisfied with a phone call after a couple of weeks saying that it was going to be more of a problem than anticipated and maybe I would have reconsidered the work and waited till a later date.

I really do hate to bash in a public forum but I know that there is no satisfaction to be gained from continuing to call, there were ample opportunities to make this a better situation and I was made to feel like I should feel sorry for the poor guys who had to work on my car because it was a hard project. Sorry, not my problem, you are the experts. If you can't do it right, just say it. I would have respected your shop for being honest instead of screwing up the car.

I appreciate the offer of a care package but thats ok. Hopefully this was a learning experience for both of us.

Last edited by nuclearcarnie; 05-06-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by mark5
what do you do to make $1500 in one day?
It was a big overtime day!

I work commercial nuclear electric plant outages as a Radiation Safety Technician. One of the things that pisses me off the most when I have to miss a day of work is the fact that I don't work all year like most. I was in Southern and Mid-coast CA working at the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Plant. I just got done working and will have the next 4 1/2 months off through the summer. When I am working, I can't afford to miss a single day at those rates.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:55 AM
To be honest this is more of an issue you need to resolve with the company or manager. You made your point across the board but to still rant on about how much your car is worth and all this and that is doing a little too much. Speak to them direct and chill on the posts.. That’s the best way to get problems solved. You are not the only one in this world who has been thrown the run around.. I myself spent way more then you have on a project with a turbo to also include a full body rebuild top to bottom and still got jerked but I ate it and moved on. Lesson learned. Like they explained earlier or tired to explain to you. "The kit was year specific" your car being a newer model you would have to fabricate which mean its like a "TEST KIT" turbos weren't meant for our cars in the 1st place if they were it would be an OEM factory part. So like I said before you just gonna have to call them up and talk to them direct.. Posting this and that isn't really gonna solve a thing.

PS you should have went greddy "Lesson Learned"

Old 05-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by nuclearcarnie
It was a big overtime day!

I work commercial nuclear electric plant outages as a Radiation Safety Technician. One of the things that pisses me off the most when I have to miss a day of work is the fact that I don't work all year like most. I was in Southern and Mid-coast CA working at the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Plant. I just got done working and will have the next 4 1/2 months off through the summer. When I am working, I can't afford to miss a single day at those rates.
Watch out homeboi is radioactive ..lol

I guess he made out that day.. 1500 plus the white girl = ovatime hahah..

I just had to bring light to this thred

Old 05-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Old 05-06-2008, 12:29 PM
You guys are funny!

Old 05-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Thx For The Review!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gruppe-S Shop Review