Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Gruppe-S Shop Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deepdiver

Innie minne miney moe...

Old 05-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey!...I know that guy!

Enough of my rant, I didn't start this thread to soap box through 3 pages of complaining. I just wanted to share an experience for what it's worth.

To an earlier post from nyqueenz.
I was enphasizing the cost of my car not to brag but to drive home the point that this is the 2nd most expensive thing I own and it was handled carelessly. I won't defend my post as it was an honest opinion based on first hand experience. Being part of a forum like this one I feel obligated to share a bad experience with fellow enthusiasts just like I would have shared a good one. I think that is one of the important reasons to be a member here, information. Point taken about ranting, that's not what I want to do. I just wanted to share the review.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
hey i know this is off-topic...but are the boys at dynamic asian? I'll delete this if i have too ahaha

Old 05-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
hey i know this is off-topic...but are the boys at dynamic asian? I'll delete this if i have too ahaha
WOW otta the soap box an into the wash machine..hahah arent all shop owners asian.. hahahah

kiddin.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by nuclearcarnie
Hey!...I know that guy!

Enough of my rant, I didn't start this thread to soap box through 3 pages of complaining. I just wanted to share an experience for what it's worth.

To an earlier post from nyqueenz.
I was enphasizing the cost of my car not to brag but to drive home the point that this is the 2nd most expensive thing I own and it was handled carelessly. I won't defend my post as it was an honest opinion based on first hand experience. Being part of a forum like this one I feel obligated to share a bad experience with fellow enthusiasts just like I would have shared a good one. I think that is one of the important reasons to be a member here, information. Point taken about ranting, that's not what I want to do. I just wanted to share the review.
Its cool bro.. I know what you are going thru.. my lost was close to 85K.. You wouldn't know the HEAT that built up inside me.. To a point where I almost put a hit out on dude. Then again it was really my fault for being new in the game and not doing my research like I was suppose too.. The end result. I got my BMW back from the dead and decided if I want things done right I gotta do things my self or go back to the drawing board.

We all learn lesson even if it’s the hard way!!!.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...48_69_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...48_67_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...8_153_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...8_165_full.jpg

Last edited by nyqueenz; 05-06-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:19 PM
New Topic since on subject...

"DO NOT LET THIS DUDE COME 1 FOOT NEAR YOUR CAR!!!!!" if you do.. you car will never drive the same again.....

Old 05-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by nyqueenz
Its cool bro.. I know what you are going thru.. my lost was close to 85K.. You wouldn't know the HEAT that built up inside me.. To a point where I almost put a hit out on dude. Then again it was really my fault for being new in the game and not doing my research like I was suppose too.. The end result. I got my BMW back from the dead and decided if I want things done right I gotta do things my self or go back to the drawing board.

We all learn lesson even if it’s the hard way!!!.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...48_69_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...48_67_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...8_153_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...8_165_full.jpg
Great looking ride!

Old 05-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
DOH!

i just had to.....

Old 05-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by nuclearcarnie
Great looking ride!
thanxz

Old 05-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by mark5
DOH!

i just had to.....

You know Patrick?

Old 05-07-2008, 09:24 AM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gruppe-s
Nuclearcarnie

First and foremost, we apologize for leaving some dirty marks in the interior of your vehicle. Our mechanic does seem to get his hands dirtier than most. We were rushing a bit to meet your dead line, which is not an excuse. To help make amends we would like to send you a care package with some different cleaning supplies and waxing products from Meguirs. Please PM me your new address so we can send it to you.

As for your turbo install, we did take longer than expected which we also apologize about. Though we explained that we could make this kit work, being that your vehicle was a ’06, the turbo kit was not a direct bolt on for your model year. I hoped that we had made it clear that we had to fabricate all the missing parts, including fabricating custom parts to make this kit work. There was quite a bit of work needed and we miscalculated the build time. I don’t want to go into the details of every single thing we had to fabricate or modify, but I will say that we can understand why Turbonetics has not easily developed a ’06 model kit, as the fitment was quite different. I’m sure most car enthusiasts have come across unexpected problems and delays during installs of their vehicle.

In our defense the car was dropped off to us without any of the parts here. We did not schedule you in, but understanding that you were driving a distance accepted your vehicle to store with us until we were ready to begin. We then waited for about 2 weeks before we finally had Turbonetics send an incomplete kit to start your build as soon as we can. We also had to wait for the additional smaller parts to be sent. While this isn’t any one parties fault, we just want to clarify that about 2-3 weeks at the beginning of the build was us waiting for the product to begin your install.

I understand if you have any questions about your vehicle, please give us a call and ask for Eugene or Mike at 949-457-1234. The purpose of this post is to provide our side of the story. We understand the customer is not directly attacking us, but merely stating his experience with us. We just want the opportunity to alleviate any problems, and address any issues that may still need to be taken care of.
Always 2 sides to a story. Now that I got the second side...I can understand the delay....BUT !!! customer service seemed to be lacking

Last edited by XKR; 05-07-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Dude, you got off easy! I was quoted $15 K for the complete install including gauges. The shop toasted my tranny and then tried to charge me $9,000 to fix it. The total was $28 K when the dust settled. I was going away for three weeks, so I left them the car for the 1-week install. Hahhh - I didn't get the car back until 6 weeks after my return.

I know how you feel!

Old 05-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Alot of shops now and days should just get out of the installing business, I know they are good for their wholesaling and retailing, but when it comes down to install projects, they just FAIL....

Old 05-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Just an FYI, we have a single turbo system available now that bolts right onto a rev-up' 05-07. Makes 412 WHP @ 6 psi.

http://www.speedforceracing.com/prod...ingleturbo.php

Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by TurboTim
Just an FYI, we have a single turbo system available now that bolts right onto a rev-up' 05-07. Makes 412 WHP @ 6 psi.

http://www.speedforceracing.com/prod...ingleturbo.php
Thank you for Hijacking the thread. Your post has been reported to the Admin. If you would like to advertise your wares please pay for Vendor status like the rest of us or post in your own thread. This is the Gruppe-S Shop Review thread not the Speed Force Racing G35 Single Turbo Kit Thread.
Thank You
Gruppe-S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gruppe-S Shop Review