Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Which Oil Catch Can to use with Vortech?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Oil Catch Can to use with Vortech?

I cleaned my intercooler piping recently, and noticed some oil in there. I bought a Topspeed catch can (Greddy replica) before, but it was just too big and I couldn't find any way to install it. I've been wanting/needing to install a catch can for awhile now, but don't know which one will fit.

What oil catch can are you guys running with your Vortech?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 PM
dont buy a cheap one bc it wont collect any oil... u need to get one that has 2 compartments (a top layer with wool in it so it can attach to the oil and a bottom layer for the oil to deposit). I forgot what was the name of mine but it's made for a corvette. I believe I paid around 160 for it so it all depends on how much u want to spend.

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 10-21-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm mainly trying to find out which one/s will FIT with the massive Vortech bracket/assembly that takes up so much room.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greddy?

Old 10-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Husky, the home depot special. $11
Works great!
My Greddy one doesn't catch anything.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
Greddy?
there is really only two spots to mount the greddy catch can with the vortech and not a lot of people like that one anyways.

I think the majority of vortech guys are either not using a catch can, or they are using the home depot one. I really haven't seen many using the ARC one but that one would work as well with the vortech.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Can you guys link me to the home depot one? I've heard of it, but never really looked into it.

I do remember the ARC one being fairly small, but I really don't want to pay the ridiculous prices they charge.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ebay catch can They are small and cheap

Old 10-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Go to the tool section at your local Home Depot & check it out in person. I believe they will only carry 1 type with 2 sizes, you choose.

quick google & I got this. Mine is black though.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10053

Old 10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
there is really only two spots to mount the greddy catch can with the vortech and not a lot of people like that one anyways.

I think the majority of vortech guys are either not using a catch can, or they are using the home depot one. I really haven't seen many using the ARC one but that one would work as well with the vortech.
even though, u bought the Greddy catch can and went out of your way to make your own bracket?

Yeah, so I picked up a new Greddy catch can and I had seen that GTM made a cool little bracket for mounting it (saw it in 2C's HKS SC car). I found the bracket on the website, ($6) COOOL, so I started to create a profile and place my order and before I put in my credit information, this is the price that GTM's website spit out......

Thought you guys would enjoy this. I wasn't able to finalize the transaction because I couldn't figure out how to fix the shipping cost LMAO!!!!
https://g35driver.com/forums/3530527-post1.html

Solution:

I called GTM. Apparently the T-Bracket is made by Greddy. GTM did not have it in stock so they were going to order it, but I wanted to make sure that they got the shipping correct, so I didn't give my credit information. I was told that they would check on the part for me (they would have to order it from Greddy), but they were about to leave for lunch, so they said they would call me back and I would give them my credit card info then.

Impatient as I am (2.5 hours later), I called Greddy directly and attempted to order the bracket. It turns out that the bracket is no longer produced by Greddy, and they no longer have it in stock. The rep at Greddy told me to just make a custom Home Depot bracket, so that's what I'm going to do. I guess the lazy way out is not going to work today lol.
https://g35driver.com/forums/3533087-post7.html

Old 10-21-2008, 01:55 AM
LIke I mention before... dont buy the cheap catch can (ie greddy) bc those wont catch any oil or little oil bc it doesn't have a baffle inside. Now this is a REAL catch can and the best part it fits in ALL g35. I added an extra bracket to the catch can but it's not needed bc the hoses will keep the can in place. And, yes I have a vortech too and I have searched a lot to find the perfect catch can for the sc.

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 10-21-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:24 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I cracked open my Top Speed (GReddy style) and inserted a copper pot scrubber to catch oil. It's caught enough oil to register in the little sight tube, and I can slosh it around.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
LIke I mention before... dont buy the cheap catch can (ie greddy) bc those wont catch any oil or little oil bc it doesn't have a baffle inside. Now this is a REAL catch can and the best part it fits in ALL g35. I added an extra bracket to the catch can but it's not needed bc the hoses will keep the can in place. And, yes I have a vortech too and I have searched a lot to find the perfect catch can for the sc.

Where did you get it?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I just ordered a jaz racing one

Old 10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
I don't see a catch can on their site, did you get the breather?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Oil Catch Can to use with Vortech?