Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35
View Poll Results: Meth/water mix
I buy pre-mixed meth/water
55.56%
I mix my own meth/water
44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Boost Juice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR

WOW...you start spraying at 4psi's....I take it you are stock block....because I dont start spraying until after 17psi's
lol my full boost is 8psi

Old 01-12-2009, 11:52 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
lol me 2 stock block FTL

Old 01-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Hector, before reading this this thread I thought you had tried a new energy drink or something
Actually there is an energy drink called Boost Juice also.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
lol me 2 stock block FTL
Me 3 Stock block = FAIL

Old 01-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Oye Vey, you guys are silly. If you have OEM pistons you'd start at a lower psi, and at a higher number with low compression turbo pistons. It's the result you're after. You could have a high compression, built NA motor, and start spraying below 4psi, OR, you could keep everything the same, and use timing advance to mark the spray start.etc etc. BTW real men know there is no pre-made water/ meth kit out there that's made for 100% methanol.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I was just kiddng with you .... nothing wrong with 8psi....

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Me 3 Stock block = FAIL
I wouldnt say that...I have driven in some Stock Block FI and they hook up better than me...If its not on the Hwy...I lose

Last edited by XKR; 01-12-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:36 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by 340WHPG35
Oye Vey, you guys are silly. If you have OEM pistons you'd start at a lower psi, and at a higher number with low compression turbo pistons. It's the result you're after. You could have a high compression, built NA motor, and start spraying below 4psi, OR, you could keep everything the same, and use timing advance to mark the spray start.etc etc. BTW real men know there is no pre-made water/ meth kit out there that's made for 100% methanol.
WOW...I guess your next statement will be " dont pour the meth directly into the gas tank"...... Guy...I have been running 100% meth going on a year now on my Snow kit....Other have been running it also On the HS-5... So whats your point? Oye Vey back at you !!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+1

I have a Coolingmist system and the pump has internal coatings that allow it to work fine with straight meth.

The issue poeple seem to be concerned about is straight meth puddling inside the intake plenum. There was another thread on the My350Z forum in which George at GTM (I think it was George) is going to spray directly into the intake runners. I think with proper fuel filters the concern over having a single injector get clogged is mitigated. But I think there still was concern over having the meth spray continuously into the intake runners because it seems you may get pooling when the intake valves are closed and the air flow into the combusion chamber is stopped. With injection before the intake plenum, there is a more continuous stream of air flow. We'll have to see how Georges setup works out and whether he tries it with straight meth.

Last edited by TTG35forT; 01-12-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by TTG35forT
+1

I have a Coolingmist system and the pump has internal coatings that allow it to work fine with straight meth.

The issue poeple seem to be concerned about is straight meth puddling inside the intake plenum. There was another thread on the My350Z forum in which George at GTM (I think it was George) is going to spray directly into the intake runners. I think with proper fuel filters the concern over having a single injector get clogged is mitigated. But I think there still was concern over having the meth spray continuously into the intake runners because it seems you may get pooling when the intake valves are closed and the air flow into the combusion chamber is stopped. With injection before the intake plenum, there is a more continuous stream of air flow. We'll have to see how Georges setup works out and whether he tries it with straight meth.

Yeah...That was George/GTM and Gurgen ( I think thats how you spell it... too lazy to check)

Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I believe George is running straight water. But yeah, I do remember seeing Gurgen's posts about spraying directly into the intake runners. That's a sick setup.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
contemplating getting this from snow performance..

Old 01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I believe George is running straight water. But yeah, I do remember seeing Gurgen's posts about spraying directly into the intake runners. That's a sick setup.
This is the best way to do it, same way with Nitrous. I worry about the uneven distribution of meth/water when it passes a dry manifold. It is not as bad with boosted car because the the pressure and the turbulence keep the water/meth atomized but there is still a risk of unevenness, water/fuel just dont like to take turns especially in a dry manifold. This is one of the reason I wont tune my car to the edge with water/meth because I'm afraid that one of the cylinder wont get enough meth.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah, my tune is still very conservative also even with water/meth. Honestly, my decision to run water/meth was more for safety than the added performance. I did get some extra power out if it though.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
This is the best way to do it, same way with Nitrous. I worry about the uneven distribution of meth/water when it passes a dry manifold. It is not as bad with boosted car because the the pressure and the turbulence keep the water/meth atomized but there is still a risk of unevenness, water/fuel just dont like to take turns especially in a dry manifold. This is one of the reason I wont tune my car to the edge with water/meth because I'm afraid that one of the cylinder wont get enough meth.
Sound thinking. However, those with a Cosworth manifold are in a little better shape as cylinder-cylinder variance is much less than with the stock manifold (per report - not that I've measured). Furthermore, those running 100% methanol don't really have to worry about methanol pooling, since it evaporates so quickly - as long as you don't get a backfire with an open intake valve just at the moment you let off. Advantages and disadvantages to W, M, or W+M. Of course, there might just be something better out there in patent-pending land... (waiting to see if Mike already knows about this... )

Old 01-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just checked the USPTO for published patent applications, and I did not see anything noteworthy. Of course, it takes approximately 18 months for patent applications to publish, so if there was a patent application filed less than 18 months ago, or the inventors decided not to have their patent application publish, it would not show up.

Can you shed some light on this? Are you talking about the new intake plenum Mike is working with Charles on?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boost Juice