Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

SSR twin turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SSR twin turbo

dj,

Of course you will produce safe and reliable power with Greddy, but more, and more reliable power, can be produced from a better kit.

As far as guys on the FI boards are concerned, they are VERY good and many are VERY experienced; and I hold a lot of the guys' opinions in high regard. But think aout it, until about a month ago, were there any tangible alternatives to Greddy in the TT arena? No. That's why a lot of guys on the forum have it, as there are VERY few alterantives. If PE had the supply that Greddy has (and the only reason for that is that it takes a LOT of time and care to produce those hand-ported manifolds), there would ALOT of guys running non-Greddy setups, I promise you.

Didn't (and don't ) mean to offend you with my comments on the Greddy. You are absolutely correct that the Greddy turbos will be more efficient at higher boost, but the level at which thisb is significant is VERY high, over 17psi. And I personally would rather take BB turbos over those that can produce over 600whp (that much is definitely enough for me)

Gurgen

Old 07-21-2004, 01:42 PM

hey Gurgen,

Ur kit, I havnt seen but from what ive been reading it looks nice. To be honest, I kinda doubt your numbers your posting at only 4.3 psi? your 0-60 time is 4.9? ur 1/4 mile time of 13. 4 i believe I guess is understandable if your boosting more but at only 4.3 I dont know. If everything your saying is true, I would love to meet up with you and talk about how we could improve my kit. Im that dummy of a guy who bought the Speed Force Racing kit. SSR isnt the company who makes the kits, speed force is. SSR just retails it for them. I live in Huntington Beach so if your in the area, u can send me a PM and ill give u my cell.

Old 07-21-2004, 01:53 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Kamal,

Don't doubt Gurgen, he's a stand up guy. Tell you what, why don't you meet us at LACR on Friday. There are already 6 G's going. Gurgen is one of them. I've driven his TT and it pulls amazingly. Go to the SoCal Forum and click on the "Friday, 23rd...LACR" thread and join up. Hope to see you there.

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Injen SES, Kinetix cats, K&N Typhoon, 19" PIAA Super Rozza's (19x9 & 19x10)

Old 07-21-2004, 04:13 PM

from all the kits available, no matter what anyone thinks and says, at the end of the day the speed force racing turbo kit put down the most power at the dyno at the same amount of boost and on the same engine. Friday, I have a class reunion type deal that I have to be at. If you guys are going next week, hell count me in. I have no problem with anyone wanting to meet me up to take a look at my car. After getting my kit from Speed Force, if I had to do it all over again I would still get theirs. Its like wat they say, you get what you pay for...

Old 07-22-2004, 07:01 PM

Kamal

I would suggest, especially as a newbie, that you have more than a "gut feeling" before you call me, or anyone else on this board, a liar. Those that know me personally, or from just the forums, know what i stand for and that it would not even remotely cross my mind to do what you are SOMEWHAT suggesting, i.e. me turning up boost and passing of the numbers as soemthing else.

I didn't get the boost controller to even be able to do that until yesterday, while my posts of the g-tech runs are ~ a couple of weeks old. When my internet connection at home is fixed, I will post the gtech screen shot. I will also be making a video of some runs soon. I almost didn't want to dignify your post with an answer, but what the heck...

Aside from that, I am curious as to what sold you on the used SF TT kit. None of us have seen it in person, so many I am sure are curious what it is about the kit that made it worthwhile.

G

Old 07-23-2004, 04:27 PM

gurgen, not in anyway did I call u a liar. I did say that I do doubt your numbers. If its true than its true. Like I said, Its an awesome job that your kit is pushing out a great outcome. I would love it if we could perhaps meet so I could show u my kit and if you would show me urs. Thankx, and I will for sure maybe see u around...

Old 07-23-2004, 04:44 PM

Kamal

Just come out with us to LACR some time.... you'll have fun

Old 07-25-2004, 02:28 AM

I have driven in Kamals car and raced against Gurgen.Both of you are good guys with G's that'll smoke me.Gurgen was running over 6 pounds to get 13.4
Why dont we all go to Carlsbad? Its lower elevation and cooler temps
I'm sure Gurgen will be pushin mid 12's

Blk G35c AT Stillen SC Volk LE37's Tein susp.
"throw it in the gutter and go buy another"

Old 07-25-2004, 11:11 PM

Weslutes..what kind of time are you putting out on your Stillen SC?

Old 07-26-2004, 02:34 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gurgen you raised your boost up at the track??

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-26-2004, 01:02 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

I noticed he didn't reply and since I was there, I will. He ran a 14.2 at LACR, which means a 13.4 at sea level (anyone who wants to argue the dif can read other threads which have posted actual results there and at sea level with a G-tech comp model)...he doesn't like his #'s, but I love em! His car looks sweet too!

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Injen SES, Kinetix cats, K&N Typhoon, 19" PIAA Super Rozza's (19x9 & 19x10)

Old 07-26-2004, 07:37 PM

martin, yeah i was playing around with some settings with my new HKS boost controller.

13.4 @ ~6.5-6.8 psi
13.6 @ ~5.8-6.0 psi

It was FUN! Need to dial in a few more things here.. but overall, i 'm in the ballpark

Old 07-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Gurgen, did you get the EVC afterall instead of the Greddy Profec-I?

Oops. . .hijacked this thread. :-T

Old 07-26-2004, 10:22 PM

You smell something Rabbit? ----- Fear

DJ G-Cue's Project SEMA G35 visit:
www.djgcue.com

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Old 07-27-2004, 03:10 PM

Hey

Yes, the EVC [i]is[/] the HKS one. HKS EVC V ("five") ... works great, has got this great scrambl mode, two bost presets A and B, passcode setting ... were people can't alter the boost level to blow your engine (only change b/w presets, etc.). Most of all.... it is very very accurate; at the correct setting the boost spikes to only about 0.2psi over taget boost level.

Gurgen

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SSR twin turbo