Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech Build...Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
Yeah, I agree completely about the headers. You generally will run lower boost with headers and cats. You also don't need a radiator. However, I would say that an FCON or Haltech are overkill for just a simple SC setup, unless you plan on going tt or big boost with the vortech in the future. Oh, and the intake he mentioned is just a larger upper plenum. OP you would be better suited with just a plenum spacer, unless you wanted the different plenum for the bling appeal.
Standalone will not overkill for his setup, he is going with SI trim.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 AM
to clarify everything...

this kit is just piping/intercooler/blow/filter/and all the hardware. there is no fmu or injectors or ems included with the kit

that being said i already have a utec from when i was NA. i plan on getting 600cc deatschwerks, a walbro, and maybe the cjm stage 2

what is the difference between stage 1 and 2 cjm??

now im hearing say no to the radiator..ok
the kinetix velocity(older ssv)..mostly for bling, and i have the composite kinetix upper right now and there have been problems blowing those up with boost

it is an SI trim blower running the 2.87 pulley. if i could sell my utec to someone i could get a haltech but were also talking big money here

Old 06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by SigEpG35
to clarify everything...

this kit is just piping/intercooler/blow/filter/and all the hardware. there is no fmu or injectors or ems included with the kit

that being said i already have a utec from when i was NA. i plan on getting 600cc deatschwerks, a walbro, and maybe the cjm stage 2

what is the difference between stage 1 and 2 cjm??

now im hearing say no to the radiator..ok
the kinetix velocity(older ssv)..mostly for bling, and i have the composite kinetix upper right now and there have been problems blowing those up with boost

it is an SI trim blower running the 2.87 pulley. if i could sell my utec to someone i could get a haltech but were also talking big money here
Cjm stage one should be enough for your setup and power. Check their website for detail.

Just not going with headers save you 1k here(labor and part) unless you install it yourself, also plenum and radiator can be done later, I would focus more on tune and run sc safe first. SI trim and 2.87 will get you a good power and boost, which means you have to have good ems and good tune to keep your stock block safe. Utec will do a job but standalone can do much better job than piggyback system.
But either way its up to tuner.

Just my two cents

Old 06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
im gonna get on the phone with dave and see if i should just scrap the utec and go with the new flash from uprev he has available

in regards to headers i already talked to my friends helping me do install and were just going to do em while were in there since i dont plan on building the motor for a while and the cost will only be that of the headers

the radiator is probably going to wait so i can get money together for some 20's and nice big gripy tires

ill call cjm today too to look into that fuel system more, i like the anodized blue fuel rails since im going to do a lot of blue under the hood