Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

A "Do It Right The First Time" stroker kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A "Do It Right The First Time" stroker kit

AEBS offers a stroker kit that sounds worthy of serious consideration.

In purely naturally aspirated form, they claim an output of 450 HP at the crank with an 11:1 CR. Further, forged parts and superior oil distribution under the pistons suggests an almost bullet proof engine. Add the benefits of static and dynamic balancing and the result sould be an engine far superior to the stock VQ35.

With the low compression piston option and FI, they claim a potential of up to 1800 crank HP at 50 psi.

Kit cost is $7200 and balancing adds $1300. The block is shipped to them and they do the machining and sleeving.

http://www.aebsracing.com/products.p...ct=vq35stroker

Old 08-11-2004, 12:05 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: A "Do It Right The First Time" stroker kit

well if i could get on my350z, i would get you the link for the kit. it is dicussed in great length and detail over there and looks pretty good.

i dont think anyone has actually gotten the kit though. i think people will prolly wait till they fry their motor before goin with this kit, cause you can get a turbo setup for about the same price and acheive the same power.

but it would be a deadly combination if you were to get this kit and also combine it with a twin turbo kit.

Daniel

03.5 5AT DP Coupe
Ground Kit / Z – Tube / Shock Sensor / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield
Clear Corners / L.E.D. Hood Lights / KPTech VDC Memory
KPTech OEM Remote Window Up / Invidia Exhaust

Old 08-11-2004, 12:36 PM

A primary question I have is, Can they really produce 450 HP N/A with this kit? I talked to them twice including a follow-up call asking if they were sure and they claimed that they were.

If their claim is true, this kit would be an extremely attractive alternative to FI. It would generate as much power as most superchargers and would at least equal turbos with low boost - all without flirting with disaster.

And the engine - just think of how that jewel would run after being balanced and blueprinted!!

Old 08-11-2004, 06:23 PM

Engine management is the problem with this kit

Old 08-11-2004, 08:21 PM

What is the engine management problem? Just doing a standard reflash along w/profec e-01 won't do it? Or are you talking about cam timing and crank positions sensors not being correct?

Old 08-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe you will have the same issues as you do with FI. To create more power you will NEED more fuel. There is no way to make more power with the same amount of fuel. A TS reflash and bigger injectors might be enough, but that will add $1500 to the price. I'm sure, just like with FI, if you're not careful you will blow up this motor too....

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 08-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Banned

Not only more fuel...but will need high octane gas to run it .Would know how high ...but you couldnt run 91 octane with it

Couldnt afford it when young...gonna play when Im old

Old 08-11-2004, 10:49 PM

You don't think if you added... larger fuel pump, bigger injectors.. you could easilly run this stroker kit on pump 91 - 93 gas?

What about adding Cams to this kit.. or even racing heads? A TT setup with this kit and the above goodies should be an amazing setup for HIGH HP. Something streetable?

Old 08-12-2004, 12:44 AM

I spoke to the AEBS design engineer at length today (I think his name is Paulus) and was MORE than impressed with his knowledge about the VQ35.

There are no issues (such as engine management) that they do not know how to address. He said that by adding things like cams and changing out valves/springs, he was confident they could develop 550 - 600 HP N/A, and with FI, the VQ35 (now 4.29L) engine could handle 50 psi and produce 1800 (yes 1800) HP.

I can't verify the truth of this, but he was quite convincing through his in-depth understanding of the engine and its potential. Skeptics should contact him personally, but my feeling is that it would be a mistake to dismiss what he said out of hand.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:23 AM

what i dont get is why he doesnt build one and show everyone its possible so there wont be skeptics and more people in my opinion would purchase the kit... i definitely would if i could see that they achieved it themselves and we were able to see it become reliable... but 4.27 liters... man thats a gas guzzler... lol.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:38 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

from what i have read, is that this 50 psi was only achieved from 5 mins and thats all they needed to say that is that able to handle it. hopefully someone will get this kit soon.

Daniel

03.5 5AT DP Coupe
Ground Kit / Z – Tube / Shock Sensor / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield
Clear Corners / L.E.D. Hood Lights / KPTech VDC Memory
KPTech OEM Remote Window Up / Invidia Exhaust<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by SFLG35 on 08/12/04 12:07 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-12-2004, 02:31 AM

Too bad you will fry your transmission, rear end, and twist a driveshaft or two. Other than that, it would be badass!

SCZ on my350z.com
2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | OB/Black
Premium | Aero | Splash Guards | XM
Z Tube | Pop Charger
Helix Test Pipes
Unorthodox Crank Pulley
Injen SES

Old 08-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What would be cool is if this guy could come onto this thread and answer some questions, I think this might help the stroker kit. If all that is said true it would be great to develop 550 - 600 HP N/A. The price is just as much as a TT thats the hard part, ahhhh.

My 2004 G35

Old 08-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sick of manufacturers not offering dyno charts with thier ads. If you are going to advertise X amount of power, prove you can make it. It just seems very funny to me that I have been hearing about this kit for 5 months now, and not a single person has any real feedback on it. 8 grand is a lot to pay for something that might not even work. While rebuilding my 'spare' VQ engine I only breifly entertained this idea, there just isn't enough info to support this type of mod.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 08-12-2004, 07:02 AM

Why does a dyno chart prove anything? Manufacturers who wish to make false claims about their products could just as easily DRAW a dyno chart freehand... The proof is in the pudding.

'03 G35s 5AT, Garnet Fire/Willow
Staggered 18" SSR GT1/Bridgestone PP S03
Eibach Springs/Sways, Stillen 2-pc BBK
Stillen Intake & SS Cat-Back Dual Exhaust

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A "Do It Right The First Time" stroker kit