Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

MPG on G35 Cp with APS twin turbo kit ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPG on G35 Cp with APS twin turbo kit ?

Hey guys,
I am interested in buying this car that has APS twin turbo kit.

I am wondering how much worse will the turbo make car

as far as mpg?

Anybody has turboes, please help me to figure this out!

Thanks

Old 10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Really? Your worried about MPGs?

Then that means you cannot afford a Turbo Kit...

Old 10-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
That's what i was thinking when i saw the title.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:23 PM
hahaha,,, sorry guys
i am just new to this whole Turbo thing!!
I am trying to see if turbo system will lower MPG signifiacantly
help me out man

Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
It's a non sequitur...

Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
14-15mpg in mixed city/highway driving shifting around 4k RPM (Redlining at least once a day)

9MPG when I'm at the track

Old 10-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I have a JWT 700bb TT kit and average about 12mpg city driving. Im making about 502 to the wheels.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by M3Tuner44
I have a JWT 700bb TT kit and average about 12mpg city driving. Im making about 502 to the wheels.
how about on hwy??

Old 10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
I see that you are looking at cars and with a 17k budget man... I dunno, how old are you? You have a lot of things going against you with a car that came with FI. You better be prepared for the maintenance on these things, and judging by this thread I dont think you are financially ready for it.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jackus
I see that you are looking at cars and with a 17k budget man... I dunno, how old are you? You have a lot of things going against you with a car that came with FI. You better be prepared for the maintenance on these things, and judging by this thread I dont think you are financially ready for it.
just turned 21. I am stationed in WA and its time to get a car since I sold my bikes man. I can pull of more than 17K but i do not wish to get any type of loan... I have gotten a good offer for a 05 coupe that has a aps tt,
but he is the second owner and do not have a record/receit for the turbo kit,
isnt it a little suspicious not to have a record of that transaction such as installation?

Old 10-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
I dont have some of the receipts of what I done to my car. You never know what youre going to get. I say get a stock g and drive it around for a while until you find what needs to be done and then go turbo on your own.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by lhsummit890
just turned 21. I am stationed in WA and its time to get a car since I sold my bikes man. I can pull of more than 17K but i do not wish to get any type of loan... I have gotten a good offer for a 05 coupe that has a aps tt,
but he is the second owner and do not have a record/receit for the turbo kit,
isnt it a little suspicious not to have a record of that transaction such as installation?
Best thing to do...

1. Talk with some of the guys on this forum... & on my350

find out what kind of maintenance is needed for a car like this.. do your homework and find out exactly what you need

2. go back to the seller and ask him to produce a record of anything he's done to the car since he picked it up...

Most of us who have a car like this would have no problem pointing you in the right direction even if it means we do the work ourselves.

If he even hints the slightest hesitation run

3. If he's still in the running, find out if he's willing to do a compression/leakdown test to see how healthy that motor is. I'd also look into having those turbos inspected for shaft play and bad seals etc...

You have some work cut out for you but its better to get all this upfront then to spend all your time and money on a car cursing it out for the next 6 months or so & pissed off you didnt do this in the beginning when it starts to break down on you in the future

Keep us posted

Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by tiguy99
Best thing to do...

1. Talk with some of the guys on this forum... & on my350

find out what kind of maintenance is needed for a car like this.. do your homework and find out exactly what you need

2. go back to the seller and ask him to produce a record of anything he's done to the car since he picked it up...

Most of us who have a car like this would have no problem pointing you in the right direction even if it means we do the work ourselves.

If he even hints the slightest hesitation run

3. If he's still in the running, find out if he's willing to do a compression/leakdown test to see how healthy that motor is. I'd also look into having those turbos inspected for shaft play and bad seals etc...

You have some work cut out for you but its better to get all this upfront then to spend all your time and money on a car cursing it out for the next 6 months or so & pissed off you didnt do this in the beginning when it starts to break down on you in the future

Keep us posted

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-car...rboed-g35.html is the posting.

This guy seems very fishy. he claims he is trying to sell his friend's car on behalf of him.
He claims to be a second owner, and said his friend bought the car with the turbo installed. He does not even know what kind of ecu he has on the car.
Also i asked him where he got his g35 tuned and he said he got it from a private tuner.

Lastly, read my cmment and his comment. He claims to have the pics taken yesterday and the dash board showing 12xxx. On his post he said he has about 18xxx miles on the car. So its been a freaking long time for 6k miles being.

I am at a point of getting this clean 06 clean g35 that has only 39K for 18.5 grand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MPG on G35 Cp with APS twin turbo kit ?