Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Boost, boost, boost! Suggestions please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
You need to go ask these questions on my350z.com they have more guys in the FI section they will steer you in the right direction. I would run a Kinetix manifold with a stillen SC
Good one.....Gord.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
LOL! Kinetix Manifold and Stillen supercharger! Hahaha!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g
LOL! Kinetix Manifold and Stillen supercharger! Hahaha!
I was wondering the same thing lol. Maybe he will catch his mistake.

I would look into the vortech kits. They self lube themselves now and dont require the clearance in the hood or a new hood. ATI has been getting some pretty good power reviews dont know about the longevity though.

For a turbo i would also keep your eye out for the powerlab turbo kit. It comes with all the hardware the same as a turbonetics except a little better quality. I hear the numbers and quality for the turbonetics are hit and miss.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by Project

stillen/kinetix/turbonetics=mistake

Old 10-31-2010, 07:17 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I would look into the vortech kits. They self lube themselves now and dont require the clearance in the hood or a new hood. ATI has been getting some pretty good power reviews dont know about the longevity though.

For a turbo i would also keep your eye out for the powerlab turbo kit. It comes with all the hardware the same as a turbonetics except a little better quality. I hear the numbers and quality for the turbonetics are hit and miss.

He didnt make a mistake...its called ...nevermind you FI noobs.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Sarcasm......

Old 10-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
I didnt see the sarcasm in the post lol. We need some smileys for that lol.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From all the things I have heard here I am now leaning toward the Turbonetics Single or Vortech Centrifugal, both with the new kinetix SSV. Now, where is a good place to buy the kit? I have been looking at turbo-kits.com and Importpartstuner and both seem to have good reviews and the same price.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Do not do the turbonetics kit. Somebody suggested you go to my350Z.com for FI information...not here. Just do a search before you ask questions.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g
Do not do the turbonetics kit. Somebody suggested you go to my350Z.com for FI information...not here. Just do a search before you ask questions.
The same guys that are answering in here are the same guys on my350z
so why wouldn't he be able to get a answer in here.

Alot of people being sarcastic here
got to roll with the punches

Old 10-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Glex25
The same guys that are answering in here are the same guys on my350z
so why wouldn't he be able to get a answer in here.

Alot of people being sarcastic here
got to roll with the punches
What I meant is there is a ton of information over there. A simple search in the FI section over there may answer a lot of his questions. He could then possibly skip the sarcasm...

Old 10-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I didnt see the sarcasm in the post lol. We need some smileys for that lol.
The sarcasm was not meant for everyone to get thus no smiley faces needed, the guys that were supposed to get it did

OP the turbonetics and the Stillen kits are the two worst kits availible for our cars they are poorly designed. Stillen is famous for not making much power and Turbonetics is know for a few things none of which include reliability or big power. The vortech kits are ok but not great. If you want serious kits that are capable of real power (450+whp). Look at Greddy, GTM, Jim Wolf or Boosted Performance throw Power Lab in those are good quality kits with good power potential. The kinetix is a poorly made manifold that is prone to cracking Ttrank is the only person i have heard of with good results and he was making 600+whp in low boost/NA I have heard it looses power.

Look you didn't even have to pull out the search button

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-01-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are interested in a vortech I have one for sale. It is a t-trim, the best vortech kit available. I have it for sale in the market place. Lmk

Old 11-01-2010, 04:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
The sarcasm was not meant for everyone to get thus no smiley faces needed, the guys that were supposed to get it did

OP the turbonetics and the Stillen kits are the two worst kits availible for our cars they are poorly designed. Stillen is famous for not making much power and Turbonetics is know for a few things none of which include reliability or big power. The vortech kits are ok but not great. If you want serious kits that are capable of real power (450+whp). Look at Greddy, GTM, Jim Wolf or Boosted Performance throw Power Lab in those are good quality kits with good power potential. The kinetix is a poorly made manifold that is prone to cracking Ttrank is the only person i have heard of with good results and he was making 600+whp in low boost/NA I have heard it looses power.

Look you didn't even have to pull out the search button
Thanks for that, I did do searches on my350 and other places before starting this thread. I eve looked at FI for noobs. I would have never learned about reliability and personal usage reviews though. My limit I believe will be 400-450 for the short term til I build the block out. In the long long term I want sleeving done and a mild-medium cam. Kinetix has a new manifold out the SSV which has a sloped body to it to produce more power. From what I have read in thread searches; that is the best manifold for FI. If that is not, then what is? Crawford? the only reason I was considering Turbonetics was because the kit they have for sale includes everything from a reflash, to a new fuel pump and injectors, and I know how to service turbos if they give me problems.

I have some bills to catch up on so this project is probably going to begin in the early spring I just want to gather all my notes and things together now as this is a big undertaking.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^Most turbo kits on the market come with everything needed as well. The Kinetix 'velocity' plenum is what replaced the SSV. From the reviews I've seen, the Turbonetics' turbos are known to have bad seals. If you do go with Turbonetics, I recommend upgrading the turbo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boost, boost, boost! Suggestions please!