Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbo manifolds???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTG35forT
Still, using pV = kNT,

p = kNT/V;

Hence, as the volume increases, the pressure decreases. Moreover, the more surface area there is on the exhaust manifolds, the more energy is being dissipated before the exhaust gases reach the turbos. In other words, the termperature of the exhaust gases will drop a little, which also will drop the pressure differential accross the turbine.

From what I have seen on our platform, the log style manifolds seem to provide faster spoolup than tubular manifolds. The tubular manifolds should provide a bit better high rpm performance because there will be less back pressure, hence the engine will breath better.

If you search the my350Z site, str8dum1 plotted his dyno chart and and others for comparison purposes. str8dum1 has tubular manifolds. He has very high top end power, but does not fully spool up until beyond the 5k rpm range.
Now that made sense, I knew that the tubular would flow better and that was what I was originally getting at. Also I was looking at total area that the gases have in the log style. I was thinking that you have to take into consideration how much exhaust each cylinder is putting out, take that and look at how much area you have for that all cylinder gases to occupy and compare it to how much more area it would have in a tubular one. I was using the RB a an example, I have hardly ever seen non-OEM logs on those , all aftermarket ones I have seen have been Tubular. As far as heat dissipation I see that point too. I know I had creamic coating and DEI heat wrap on mine to keep the heat in.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not to thread jack, but where can log cast manifold be purchased?

Old 02-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I useds these guys for my BMW M3 project. These guys can build you a set...holl at Jon..

http://www.666fabrication.com/gallery.html

Custom Fabrication: Need custom fabrication work? Be it a set of custom headers, intake manifold, roll cage, or turbo plumbing, I can design and produce a one-off product to suit your needs. Labor rate for fabrication work is $100/hour plus materials.

Development, Jigging, & Production services: Have a product that you would like
to produce for your own catalog? I will work with you through all stages of
development...whether starting from an idea or jigging an existing piece for production.
The time, difficulty and cost of materials is, of course, the determining factor on cost.
Jigging a part for production will involve a one-time jig/setup fee depending upon the
product and any subsequent products produced will be a standard flat rate. Please
contact me for further information on such services.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by IT_SS
I have never seen them for sale individually, other than used ones. But I would try Jim Wolf Technologies, they might sell you just the manis

Old 02-16-2011, 02:15 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
on the note of 666 Fabrication.. im thinkin bout using these guys for a custom roll cage for my G35.. stay tuned..

Old 02-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by it_ss
gtm

Old 02-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Save your self the hassle on the install and get V-band tial turbine housing and manifold. And it looks awesome

Old 02-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
its never been shown 1 way or the other if tubular manifolds are better than the cast logs on a VQ. both kinds have made tons of power, but obviously you cant do back to back comparisons.

the simplicity of the cast logs outweighs the amount of massage/fabrication it takes to properly fit a tubular manifold setup on all but the biggest builds.