Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

pushing water

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok got my parts back today from Kim Barr Racing, he said 4 of the sleeves had sank in the block any were from .002 to .004. So I paid a $1000.00 to have darton to install the sleeves and have them move on me? Kim re-decked the block to get it straight again and resurfaced the heads and also pressure check the head. I hope this fixed my issue and the sleeves have settled for good. If not Ill be taking and trip to california.

On a side note to fix this issue form the start, I wonder if you just bolt a set of heads on the engine with them being torqued down. Set the block with the torqued head in a oven to heat the block to 210F a few times, Then pull the heads back off Then deck it. The sleeves would be better settled from the heat cycling and the pressure from the torqued heads, It mite fix this issue ?

We are going to put the motor back together tonight and get the car ready for the dyno tomorrow. wish me luck iv got a hot 10lb bottle and a boost controller set to kill lol.....

Old 03-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by davidsnet
Ok got my parts back today from Kim Barr Racing, he said 4 of the sleeves had sank in the block any were from .002 to .004. So I paid a $1000.00 to have darton to install the sleeves and have them move on me? Kim re-decked the block to get it straight again and resurfaced the heads and also pressure check the head. I hope this fixed my issue and the sleeves have settled for good. If not Ill be taking and trip to california.

On a side note to fix this issue form the start, I wonder if you just bolt a set of heads on the engine with them being torqued down. Set the block with the torqued head in a oven to heat the block to 210F a few times, Then pull the heads back off Then deck it. The sleeves would be better settled from the heat cycling and the pressure from the torqued heads, It mite fix this issue ?

We are going to put the motor back together tonight and get the car ready for the dyno tomorrow. wish me luck iv got a hot 10lb bottle and a boost controller set to kill lol.....
Crazy...glad you're able to re-deck it...but I still worry most about the other 2 sleeves....you'll hopefully know for sure on the dyno with that bottle LOL.

good luck, keep us informed.