Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

SSR Twin Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2004 | 05:44 PM
|
SSR Twin Turbo Kit

I've heard that this system is cutomized for our G's and that the turbos sit lower. Can we have any feed back on this kit? Any #'s? Pro's/Con's compaired to the other TT kits? Is this similiar to the JWT kit?

Old 12-31-2004 | 08:06 PM
i called and spoke to someone from their compan today. it seems to be a pretty good kit. i like the fact that you won't have to change the front bumper. they are claiming nice numbers with this set up also. another good thing that was told to me was they didn't have you retard any timing while running at stock boost. i was surprised but, they claim that timing doesn't need to be taken out as such a low boost.

i'm looking into the kit now and will have to see how things come out. i wish more owners of the kit would chime in on the kit.

Old 12-31-2004 | 09:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by damen
i'm looking into the kit now and will have to see how things come out. i wish more owners of the kit would chime in on the kit.
Come on SSR owners!!! Do they offer a warrenty?

Old 01-01-2005 | 06:36 PM
Hey guys you can PM Kamal34 and Tinman they have the same kit. The SSR kit is the same kit as the Speed Force Racing kit with one or two things different. I can't remember what they are, but you can call SFR and talk to Tim and he'll tell you all about it if you like. I think SFR makes the SSR kit.

Old 01-02-2005 | 04:07 AM
i spoke with kamal today. great guy, thanks for the time kamal. he's had his kit since last spring with no problems. i'll be calling tim on monday and asking him some questions as well.

Old 01-02-2005 | 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Come on SSR owners!!! Do they offer a warrenty?
http://ssr-engineering.com/products_g35twinturbo.php

As to your previous question, yes it's similar to the JWT kit however we have had ours completed and out on the market longer. As for comparison's our kit does have a life-time manufacturer's warranty, it uses 321 SS equal length manifolds (instead of cast iron log style manifolds) (pictured below)
Ours

Others (in the back)

w/ twin t3-super 60s (1-year warranty), twin tial 38mm wastegates, twin spearco intercoolers, a complete fuel system, this means we include new injectors, a rising rate fuel regulator, a fuel controller, a fuel return system (allows adjusting fuel pressure), and misc. accessories (stainless fuel lines etc.)

At the standard PSI of our turbo system you do not need to adjust timing, we do run colder plugs however. I know alot of you are concerned about it, but we have had cars running for around a year now with the standard 6.5psi, pump fuel and 400WHP w/o breaking.

Here's what our kit does at 6.4PSI on an AUTO G35 w/91 California Octane. Oh and also this was done on a Dyno Dynamics load-based dyno, which means they produce lower numbers then DynoJet's.

Last edited by SSR Engineering; 01-02-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2005 | 07:01 PM
|
SSR Engineering ~ thanks for posting and for the information, very helpful. On the G with standard 6.5psi, pump fuel and 400WHP what exhaust system is it running? Does it have the stock clutch? Whats the cost for installation? Do we need to upgrade the plenum with the SSR kit?

Thanks for the information!

Old 01-02-2005 | 10:23 PM
Does anyone here have this installed?

Old 01-02-2005 | 10:35 PM
kamal and tinman both have the kits. kamal has had his the longest.

Old 01-02-2005 | 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by xswl0931
Does anyone here have this installed?
Yes there are a few people on the forums that have this kit installed, however the majority of the people with this kit are off the boards, if any of you are in MD, NY, or CA I can think of some people who have just got their kits and are up and running. Maybe some of you could see the cars first hand.

Old 01-02-2005 | 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by G2FAST
SSR Engineering ~ thanks for posting and for the information, very helpful. On the G with standard 6.5psi, pump fuel and 400WHP what exhaust system is it running? Does it have the stock clutch? Whats the cost for installation? Do we need to upgrade the plenum with the SSR kit?

Thanks for the information!
It's the Fujitsubo, and no it has all stock transmission parts it's also an automatic (No upgraded stall, or valve body etc.).

No you do not need to upgrade your plenum with our twin turbo system, you can use your stock one. However most of the time most customers just go ahead and get it anyways.

Old 01-02-2005 | 10:56 PM
yeap with the Speed Force kit, you dont need to upgrade anything. Like it has been said, ive had mine for a while now and my transmission is still holding up strong(I have an auto.) The kit is awesome and very reliable and the guys over at Speed Force are great. Call Tim over at Speed Force @ 619-654-3532 and tell him uve talked to me. Call him for any questions b/c who will know the kit better than the guy that actually designed it and built it from scratch. Hes a great guy and if u are in the LA area, I can def meet up with u and show u the kit and my car. I was the second guy with their kit. Cars still running strong, and those that have seen my car can actually atest to that. THankx guys. PM me if u have any further questions...

Old 01-06-2005 | 02:11 AM
YEa i was looking at that...its nice...but the 1 big problem is it ment for the stock body. if u have a bodykit it udn look right...those intercoolers are to sit right but the air vent on the stock front bumber if u change it its gonna look bad

Old 01-06-2005 | 02:28 AM
they can give you one intercooler if you like. that's what they are doing on the Z's.

Old 01-06-2005 | 02:40 AM
|
Originally Posted by damen
that's what they are doing on the Z's.
I wounder if they would be able to change it to 1 IC and would it help any?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SSR Twin Turbo Kit