Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

It's time! S&R DE Single Turbo Kit Fabrication BEGINS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
They must be too busy, on the "next project" already or are one of these yours?
Would be nice, but I doubt it... in a nutshell they ordered and tried installing non-revup cams in my engine build end of last year, which of course didn't work being a revup motor. To make matters worse they took it upon themselves to just install the stock cams instead, and re-installed the engine back into the car... couldn't tell you why that did that.

Since finding out about this last January, I've been waiting for a set from Kelford to come in (special order only) so they could correct their mistake and build what I wanted to begin with. Apparently now, come to find out from the sole US importer of these cams, they were never ordered by S&R to begin with, and I've been waiting for nothing this whole time... despite being told otherwise by S&R. I'm starting to think they were banking on me just giving up and settling with the stock cams in order to save themselves all the man-hours tearing back into the engine again.

Honestly all griping aside though, I really just hope they come to their senses that this isn't something I'm going to budge on or continue to be neglected with anymore, and just do what it takes to right this whole nightmare they've created for me! I don't think that's asking too much.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by technowizard
Would be nice, but I doubt it... in a nutshell they ordered and tried installing non-revup cams in my engine build end of last year, which of course didn't work being a revup motor. To make matters worse they took it upon themselves to just install the stock cams instead, and re-installed the engine back into the car... couldn't tell you why that did that.

Since finding out about this last January, I've been waiting for a set from Kelford to come in (special order only) so they could correct their mistake and build what I wanted to begin with. Apparently now, come to find out from the sole US importer of these cams, they were never ordered by S&R to begin with, and I've been waiting for nothing this whole time... despite being told otherwise by S&R. I'm starting to think they were banking on me just giving up and settling with the stock cams in order to save themselves all the man-hours tearing back into the engine again.

Honestly all griping aside though, I really just hope they come to their senses that this isn't something I'm going to budge on or continue to be neglected with anymore, and just do what it takes to right this whole nightmare they've created for me! I don't think that's asking too much.
Sucks to hear another shady shop trying to create hype and offer **** service, keep posting in their threads(they have one on my350z as well) maybe they will take care of you then But more likely when they get back to work monday they will complain and have these posts deleted.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Received 114 Likes on 55 Posts
I'm jus gonna throw it out there and say any true and honest shop will explain their side of the story and not immaturely flame back at the customer.

that being said hope nothing blows up and your problems are resolved in a respectful manner. I sure hope they don't react like some of the vendors I have seen already, it disappoints me when a business can't be proffessional

Old 03-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
Sucks to hear another shady shop trying to create hype and offer **** service, keep posting in their threads(they have one on my350z as well) maybe they will take care of you then But more likely when they get back to work monday they will complain and have these posts deleted.
Yeah I made this problem known on one of their posts over there, though it was before I found out that they never contacted / ordered the parts at all. As far as them trying to have these posts deleted, I can only hope the mods wouldn't do something like that. I know I almost never post here, but I am a real customer who has dumped close to $20k into this shop to do my build. I'm just wanting to share my experience as a consumer to others, and maybe get enough of S&R's attention for them to right this mess with me.

Originally Posted by PR-G35Driver
I'm jus gonna throw it out there and say any true and honest shop will explain their side of the story and not immaturely flame back at the customer.
Sadly that's pretty much what they did on my350z, and tried making it sound as if the hold up was all my fault and doing. Even had the nerve to turn around and say that they were not going to get into an online pissing match with me... talk about quality customer relations!

Originally Posted by PR-G35Driver
that being said hope nothing blows up and your problems are resolved in a respectful manner. I sure hope they don't react like some of the vendors I have seen already, it disappoints me when a business can't be proffessional
Amen man, that's all I ever wanted them to do was to just make things right and get the problems at hand taken care of. Sadly it looks like they're more interested in generating new business, than they are at taking care of the current business they have.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe a strongly worded letter from your lawyer will put a pep in their step

20k is nothing to sneeze at! Good luck

Old 05-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
we are very much in good communication with Bryan and his cams have FINALLY come in and we're going to wrap up his beast and get her back to him, ASAP. =)