Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Self install on the vortech kit.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edit, posted twice

Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Never enough
Thanks for the help! Man 300.00 is a lot! One question about your setup. It says in your sig that you have a Oil pan spacer. It also says non tapped. Does the spacer have a fitting?

Old 02-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JWT makes a tapped spacer for use with their twin turbo but it's not acceptable for use with the Vortech. The Vortech's oil return needs a hole to be tapped in the upper pan above the oil level or everything will fail. That's why I installed the original untapped version.

Believe me, if you're doing the install yourself or you want to be able to instantly revert the ECU/harness to stock, the $300 is well worth it. This is a very high quality item--hand made and every wire fixed into the plugs with clear epoxy.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Never enough
Well I bought the spacer kit thats why I was asking. Should I tap into it? Just wanted to also say thanks for all your info AND TIME! You da man!

Old 02-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't tap the spacer. It's not tall enough. You have to tap the upper oil pan as I explained before. If you don't have the use of a lift or you're not very experienced in auto mechanics, I'd leave the install to a mechanic with all the tools who's done several Vortech installs before (and, therefore, learned on all the other cars--not yours). There are so many important quirks in the installation to know about that it's very easy to make a mistake. If you want to do most of it yourself, I recommend leaving the oil pan tapping and connections and the fuel system work to a pro and have them check the work that you did. Wiring up the patch harnes is no problem however. What I did was to install the harness wiring and timing box, the bracket, blower, belts, piping and aftercooler myself. At this point, if you don't connect the blower drive belt and leave the final patch harness connection until later, you can drive the car fully normally. I then drove up to Avalon Racing where a top mechanic who knew my car and the Vortech inside and out finished the job perfectly.