Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

fi parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fi parts

So I am looking around for turbo kits, really wanting to go twin turbo but dont necessarily want to go the route of a complete kit. Mainly because I would want it to be custom or at least look a little different then everyone else kit. I know this is a huge tasks but its going to take along time for me anyways. My question is does anyone sell aftermarket headers for turbocharged g35s? Everytime I try and look I keep finding the kits for them but not just headers or down pipes or cold pipes for that matter. Just curious if anyone sells individual pieces instead of complete kits.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Email Fast Intentions and see if they will sell you just the manifolds... http://fastintentions.com/370zflyer.html

I think VQ37HR headers will bolt up to a DE engine.

Or just have custom manifolds made up.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the info, been trying to find as many stores and sits as I can so this definetly helps

Old 07-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mrxkenny
So I am looking around for turbo kits, really wanting to go twin turbo but dont necessarily want to go the route of a complete kit. Mainly because I would want it to be custom or at least look a little different then everyone else kit. I know this is a huge tasks but its going to take along time for me anyways. My question is does anyone sell aftermarket headers for turbocharged g35s? Everytime I try and look I keep finding the kits for them but not just headers or down pipes or cold pipes for that matter. Just curious if anyone sells individual pieces instead of complete kits.
I get you want "custom" you realize it will be VERY VERY expensive right??
But to answer your question GTM will sell you the exhaust manifolds and basically every part from their turbo kit individually. Same thing with JWT, but at that point it becomes cheaper to buy their kit.
if you're committed to the all custom route give a few retailers who make aftermarket kits a call and see if you can buy individual components or a local fab shop can weld up something.
Also, for the most part a lot of the turbo components are tucked away. especially on the twin turbo kits so how much different are you expecting things to look.?
It's a tight fit inside the engine bay that's for sure.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Yeah I know it's going to get really expensive, and I'm pretty much at a stage where I am researching parts and prices so it could always change. But I'm definetly not trying to go cheap quality to mw is worth the price.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:19 PM
And tbh I'm not sure exactly how different I want it to be. Just the idea of rocking a complete kit that everyone can buy makes me feel like cars get too close looking side by side. Just figured id look at different kits, parts, etc and get a idea of what I like and dont like.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
And tbh I'm not sure exactly how different I want it to be. Just the idea of rocking a complete kit that everyone can buy makes me feel like cars get too close looking side by side. Just figured id look at different kits, parts, etc and get a idea of what I like and dont like.
I'd look at some of the members cars on the forums.
I think you'll be impressed with the creativity without piecing together a turbo kit.
Either way. Fair enough and good luck! Hope u can find components to fit it all together.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Just the idea of rocking a complete kit that everyone can buy makes me feel like cars get too close looking side by side.
Yikes.