Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

JWT 700BB Kit - Wastegate Actuator Spring Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry JWT 700BB Kit - Wastegate Actuator Spring Upgrade

Hey guys - so I recently had a 700bb kit installed on my 03 Coupe and while doing the tuning, the internal waste-gate springs started to blow open and I can barely maintain 12psi even with the Haltech boost controller running at full duty. I currently have upgraded Actuators with 10lb springs (I think) - and is it possible to upgrade the spring to a higher one without doing a full engine drop as that's not in the budget. Also, I was hoping to tune up to 15/16psi so what size spring should I need to upgrade to? Thanks in advance - and sorry if the wording is off on some of this.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Paging GZilla! We need your expertise.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Those turbos are hard to reach, just too tight. Exhaust backpressure in the turbine wheel can push past the wastegate valve open. If you remove the cats, switch out to 3 inch down pipes and remove the muffler or better install boost actuated exhaust dumps before the cats, your current springs will do a much better job holding pressure. Otherwise just be happy with whatever you get.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.