Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

470 WHP @ 10.5 psi - G35 TT what a hoot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aps
I hope that I have not mislead you into thinking that the stock G35 bumper is suitable for this very high power level, (470 WHP) this was never my intention. I would recommend that you install a new front bumper with a much larger frontal opening if you intend running at this elevated power level for any extended time frame, always better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks

Peter
Its no problem, I got a little excited over the thought of not having to change the front bumper, but realistically I figure to safely turn up the boost, better airflow to the FMIC will be necessary.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
peter,

You guys do an amazing job. I saw APSed 350z on a dyno couple of days ago - very impressive. A lot of jaws dropped when it dialed 435whp and near 400wtq on a stock motor. Once the kit gets CARB EO there will be no more excuses for me and many other Californians not to get one.

Sometimes my wife drives the sedan and 400+whp in her hands would make me very concerned. How feasable would it be to have low/high boost setup with APS?

Something like 8-9Psi tune on 91 octane (for him) and 4-5Psi tune on 89 octane (for her), also this way I'm not worried if she mixes up grades when fueling. What additional equipment and how much more tuning would be necessary to acheive that goal? Ballpark figure is all I'm asking for.
Thank you,
Andrew.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:46 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by aps
I guess that was the point to this excercise, just to see what Horsepower was possible from the APS Twin Turbo system on 93 octane fuel without having to run insane boost pressure, it's remarkable just how easy the VQ engine made the 470 wheel Horsepower.

Peter
Where are you located?

Old 03-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Never enough
Randy, hows TX?? Havent seen you post in a few days.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:49 PM
mr aps?

no anserw=no cookie!can you foward plz
Originally Posted by yellow350z
peter will the tt kit work successfully on a 05 350z 35th edition ?did they test it already?
thx
mike

Old 03-21-2005, 06:11 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by G352NV
Randy, hows TX?? Havent seen you post in a few days.
It's great! We're getting settled in and I'll be back to my old self soon.

Old 03-21-2005, 07:22 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by tony
Its no problem, I got a little excited over the thought of not having to change the front bumper, but realistically I figure to safely turn up the boost, better airflow to the FMIC will be necessary.
Tony, it's easy to get over excited when it comes to a fast car, I do this all the time, great minds think alike!

Yeah I would feel much more comfortable having a larger frontal opening, you can never get enough cool fresh air when producing high power from a turbocharged car, the more cool air flow the better imho.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-21-2005, 07:25 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Where are you located?
In Melbourne Australia, why do you ask?

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aps
Hi Guys, I thought I let you guys know that our head dyno tuner fitted up some test pipes today on the APS TT equipped G35 and gave the engine a slight re-tune, at approx 10.5 PSI turbo pressure the G35 VQ engine produced 470.2 WHP.

I will post a power graph tomorrow, I'm off for a test drive now.

Peter
APS is amazing that is great!!! WOW I'm SOLD!

Old 03-21-2005, 07:38 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by MOTOP
peter,

You guys do an amazing job. I saw APSed 350z on a dyno couple of days ago - very impressive. A lot of jaws dropped when it dialed 435whp and near 400wtq on a stock motor. Once the kit gets CARB EO there will be no more excuses for me and many other Californians not to get one.
Many thanks for your kind compliment, it certainly gives me great joy to see Z cars putting down good power numbers as well though I also love to see what ET's the car can do at the strip.

Sometimes my wife drives the sedan and 400+whp in her hands would make me very concerned. How feasable would it be to have low/high boost setup with APS?
Very possible and this is a product concept in development right now, maybe available later this year if all goes to plan.

Something like 8-9Psi tune on 91 octane (for him) and 4-5Psi tune on 89 octane (for her), also this way I'm not worried if she mixes up grades when fueling. What additional equipment and how much more tuning would be necessary to acheive that goal? Ballpark figure is all I'm asking for.
Thank you,
Andrew.
Good point and I believe that we at APS will be able to go one step further in the near future.

Imagine having 4 sets of engine tuning maps (each tuning map precisely controlling air fuel ratio, ignition timing and boost pressure) and each tuning map perfectly tuned for a given fuel octane, 91, 93, 100 octane as an example, and the 4th tuning map for 100 octane fuel and NOS combined, this is the direction that APS is heading towards at the flick of a 4 way switch, all good fun I'm sure you'll agree.

Thanks

Peter

Last edited by aps; 03-21-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:46 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by yellow350z
no anserw=no cookie!can you foward plz
My apologies, I must have missed your post. This is being checked right now, I should be able to provide you with a firm answer within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks

Peter

Old 03-21-2005, 08:00 PM
thx peter i just hope it will be positif for my car
nice work
mike

Old 03-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by aps
Many thanks for your kind compliment, it certainly gives me great joy to see Z cars putting down good power numbers as well though I also love to see what ET's the car can do at the strip.

Very possible and this is a product concept in development right now, maybe available later this year if all goes to plan.

Good point and I believe that we at APS will be able to go one step further in the near future.

Imagine having 4 sets of engine tuning maps (each tuning map precisely controlling air fuel ratio, ignition timing and boost pressure) and each tuning map perfectly tuned for a given fuel octane, 91, 93, 100 octane as an example, and the 4th tuning map for 100 octane fuel and NOS combined, this is the direction that APS is heading towards at the flick of a 4 way switch, all good fun I'm sure you'll agree.

Thanks

Peter
This would be very good. I would love to be able to turn boost off when it is raining or snowing and anytime the old lady drives the car.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:13 PM
aps
Banned
As promised, the dyno graph has been placed on the APS G35 TT web page at http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/350z/g35/g35.htm

It's the 3rd graph down.

What a hoot!

George

Old 03-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by aps
Don't tell me you're also integrating auxilary fuel source i.e. fuelcell into this. I'll drool myself to death.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 470 WHP @ 10.5 psi - G35 TT what a hoot