Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

I'm ready for GAUGES...need help/suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 12:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yo that camp system is hot! im gonna get that!

Old 05-31-2005, 09:27 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by urban
If you have the Navi system, then this is also an option, I orderd the system just a few weeks ago.

http://www.takakaira.com/asp/templat...QqMnNnikJlhoKj
let me know when you have the whole system hooked up...I'd like to discuss what options you have and the costs.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:58 PM
The CAMP system is great, but it is a bit outdated and not as versatile as you would think. Just froim what I have heard/seen. Not to mention expensive (over $1k for certain).

Old 05-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Gurgen you mention the HKS CAMP is a bit outdated. What is the shiznit now? If you are looking for a multiple gauge system like CAMP, but with more current technology what would you suggest?

I'm all for consolidating gauges and going through a single system.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by GZire
Gurgen you mention the HKS CAMP is a bit outdated. What is the shiznit now? If you are looking for a multiple gauge system like CAMP, but with more current technology what would you suggest?

well if you really had money to blow, you could get a stack unit from top fuel, now that would be pure shiznit!

Old 05-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by GZire

There is no alternative to the CAMP system to the extent that it is a self-contained unit with it's own OS and a bunch of sensors. The closest to it is Innovate! Motorsports suite of sensors, etc.. which will require a in-car PC to display all of that on a screen. The weak link there, at least for now, is that the screen is not very customizable aside from the 6 virtual gauges that you see on the screen...which is good. It does log and analyse the data in all kinds of ways, which is a huge plus for those that use it for tuning. LogWorks 2.0 is coming out soon, which could improve the customization of the screen output, we just have to wait and see.

www.innovatemotorsports.com or www.tuneyourengine.com

Old 06-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Your right that the CAMP system is a bit outdated but there is nothing out there which comes near it to what it does, it reads all the same parameters which gauges do without the need for cutting dashes up and without customizing ash trays and whatnots. The system is expensive if you buy a whole bunch of sensors but I just purchased the boost and egt sensors, the AEM wideband 02 I have is the only gauge I am keeping.
If you have friends who work in shops which carry the item then it is not that expensive and if you have friends who know electronics then that is even better .
I wil let you know how it looks once I get it installed.

Old 06-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Your right that the CAMP system is a bit outdated but there is nothing out there which comes near it to what it does, it reads all the same parameters which gauges do without the need for cutting dashes up and without customizing ash trays and whatnots. The system is expensive if you buy a whole bunch of sensors but I just purchased the boost and egt sensors, the AEM wideband 02 I have is the only gauge I am keeping.
If you have friends who work in shops which carry the item then it is not that expensive and if you have friends who know electronics then that is even better .
I wil let you know how it looks once I get it installed.
Urban,

Is Taka-Kaira where you're purchasing it from? Are there any other distributors? I heard this product was discontinued from other HKS distributors?? Will this display everything I need running FI? How much is this system? I can't figure out the actual cost not just for the junction box.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Well I know Bozz Performance carry the kit also, and the HKS web site actually lists the price of the Junction box and the main box you require, they list for 219 for just the main box and around 249 for the junction box. The sensors are just over 100. Total comes to around 650 and then the install.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Well I know Bozz Performance carry the kit also, and the HKS web site actually lists the price of the Junction box and the main box you require, they list for 219 for just the main box and around 249 for the junction box. The sensors are just over 100. Total comes to around 650 and then the install.
Thanks. Hmm, Bozz doesn't answer their phones and their message says something about being out of the office until the end of Feb.?? Are they out of business? Does anyone else sell it?

Old 06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Never enough
That unit that uses the NAV is nice. But after doing some thinking I want the use of my video and Nav for shows and still want to display my gauges.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Ohio G Club Member
I just talked to scienceofspeed.com and they're a HKS distributor. They said straight from HKS that the Camp System is being discontinued. You can only get it from distributors who have it in stock and said it really isn't the best sytem for monitoring FI.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by G352NV
That unit that uses the NAV is nice. But after doing some thinking I want the use of my video and Nav for shows and still want to display my gauges.
Will the Z-tronics guage fit in the cubby hole below the stereo??

Old 06-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Well for measuring boost and egt it uses the same connections the gauges use so there is no difference in readings, but the AF is not the best and that is why I kept my AEM wideband.

Steve, for show you need to go a different route as the video and gauges is what show cars do.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:47 PM
here's mine

Well i've posted mine before...but here u go

and to those who are wondering, yes all the meters are slightly tilted to the driver....you just can't tell from the pic. Also please refrain from the whole location of meters are not functional lecture.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm ready for GAUGES...need help/suggestions