Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS tall boy plenum - new pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 09:00 PM
aps
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tony
Will these only be available through vendors or can we order them direct? Any idea on a ship date?
Will be available through US APS dealers as listed on the APS web site. APS tall boy plenums should start shipping in a approx 10 days time, will be in the US by the end of June.

Peter

Old 06-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Texasscout
I also am curious about this. I saw a thread here last night about someone putting a 3/8" spacer on his 2005 MT6 sedan and getting an average 1.5hp LOSS over the entire RPM band. The prevailing thought was that the new lower intake did not benefit from the extra volume in the plenum area. That the extra volume slowed the velocity of the air coming in to the runners. I would like to see some Dyno numbers on a 2005 6MT to see if this is true.

BTW, someone on that thread also said that since the two dyno runs were not done "back to back", but 2 months between them, that this could be the reason for the small difference in HP numbers. Another was that coolant temp was not measured and taken into consideration. The dyno numbers WERE corrected for temp, bar press, and humidity. (The only parameter that was different was the air temp, +5 deg. from the first run)
I know you did dyno work, how bout sharing some? Did you work with the 2005 MT6 cars?

Old 06-03-2005, 10:00 PM
G SQUAD
yeah peter, what are the hp and tq numbers? i am strongly considering on buying this plenum but i need the facts man , the facts thanks lol

Old 06-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
What's with APS requiring orders of at least $10,000. That's not heping my local guy (MRC in Old Bridge) get stuff in any quicker. In fact, he's hoping we can a group buy going so that he can get an order in period. And lastly , I'd love to know some numbers before I spend close to $500.The beautiful plenum looks like it would be at home deal'n with FI engines as opposed to the majority of us that are running NA. I don't mind buying on speculation....BUT, would I be getting ANY increase while still in NA config??? Thanx

Old 06-06-2005, 03:16 AM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
What's with APS requiring orders of at least $10,000. That's not heping my local guy (MRC in Old Bridge) get stuff in any quicker.
That's easily fixed, just order the APS Plenum from one of the larger and more active APS dealers who stock plenty of APS products, such as XX tuning in Connecticut, GRD in Chicago, Brainstrom in CA, MZM In Texas, SGP in Houston, Z1 in Georgia, all of these shops are listed on the APS web site and will be able to supply the APS plenum in the very near future, here's a link to the APS US dealer list http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/wr...stributors.htm

And lastly , I'd love to know some numbers before I spend close to $500.
The MSRP for the APS tall boy plenum is $445 - hope you enjoy.

The beautiful plenum looks like it would be at home deal'n with FI engines as opposed to the majority of us that are running NA.
I have no data on the NA engine right now - I will post info when available from engineering.

Thanks

Peter

Old 06-11-2005, 06:11 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
I knew the cost of the Plenum way back when, but I am mostly concerned with the power it does, or doesn't, generate.....and is it actually released yet???? I'm all about the beatiful job APS did with this thing, but is it just another 'pretty face'. I got my money (credit card) in my sweaty big paw ready to let go and pull the 'Tall Boy' trigger

Old 06-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Question

I knew the cost of the Plenum way back when, but I am mostly concerned with the power it does, or doesn't, generate.....and is it actually released yet???? I'm all about the beatiful job APS did with this thing, but is it just another 'pretty face'. I got my money (credit card) in my sweaty big paw ready to let go and pull the 'Tall Boy' trigger
Yes, I have the 2005 298 hp motor with the reworked lower plenum runners. Will this help? Spacers seem not to. Will this be any different?

Old 06-12-2005, 01:24 AM
GSQUAD
Thumbs down

i find it truely amazing that this site and my350z banned APS from posting on it, and I thought it wasn't about the money but rather just not having scammers on the board, haha yeah right....

and now http://www.strictlyz.com/ the site that the admin of my350z was helping to run and sell APS kits is closed, what he didn't get his APS kit for free out of it I guess....? how sad.

Last edited by AxionF117; 06-12-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Well, I've called APS dealers all over the U.S. and nobody can tell me when they're going to order/get any of these from APS. That also goes for the new single turbo as well???? All their dealers sounded LESS than pleased about the lack of response they're getting from APS. The only thing I could find out is that they're going to sell for $445. WOO HOO! What's the diff. what they sell for if ya can't get'em?

Old 06-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Well, I've called APS dealers all over the U.S. and nobody can tell me when they're going to order/get any of these from APS. That also goes for the new single turbo as well???? All their dealers sounded LESS than pleased about the lack of response they're getting from APS. The only thing I could find out is that they're going to sell for $445. WOO HOO! What's the diff. what they sell for if ya can't get'em?
GRD will be getting them probably sometime in late July for the APS Single Turbo group buy.

Old 06-21-2005, 04:14 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AxionF117
i find it truely amazing that this site and my350z banned APS from posting on it, and I thought it wasn't about the money but rather just not having scammers on the board, haha yeah right....

and now http://www.strictlyz.com/ the site that the admin of my350z was helping to run and sell APS kits is closed, what he didn't get his APS kit for free out of it I guess....? how sad.
Check out the Sponsorship details in the header menu.-- Sponsors can post, but non sponsors cannot.
Anything else would be unfair to our paying sponsors.
C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 06-21-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Check out the Sponsorship details in the header menu.-- Sponsors can post, but non sponsors cannot.
Anything else would be unfair to our paying sponsors.
C.
Manufacturers don't fall under sponser guidelines if they are just posting info about their products, but when they start promoting that is a different story.

Old 06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
www.g35tt.com
What's with APS requiring orders of at least $10,000. That's not heping my local guy (MRC in Old Bridge) get stuff in any quicker. In fact, he's hoping we can a group buy going so that he can get an order in period. And lastly , I'd love to know some numbers before I spend close to $500.The beautiful plenum looks like it would be at home deal'n with FI engines as opposed to the majority of us that are running NA. I don't mind buying on speculation....BUT, would I be getting ANY increase while still in NA config??? Thanx
JustBrilliantX, My car will be there getting the APS TT installed on July 22nd. MRC has ordered about 10 Plenums so they should have a few in stock in a few weeks for those who want one.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:45 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by marchesano
JustBrilliantX, My car will be there getting the APS TT installed on July 22nd. MRC has ordered about 10 Plenums so they should have a few in stock in a few weeks for those who want one.

machesano, can you please post the web address or phone number to order one.
thanks

Old 06-23-2005, 05:22 PM
www.g35tt.com
Originally Posted by njsfastestg
machesano, can you please post the web address or phone number to order one.
thanks
Everything will be here... http://www.racemrc.com/home.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS tall boy plenum - new pics