Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Which FI System for California

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g3po
I firmly beleive that APS will eventually receive CARB approval , it's just goin to take as much time as it is still taking JWT to get past the board.
No doubt APS is still extremely confident to achieve a CARB exempt order for a purpose designed APS intercooled twin turbo system, loads of engine emission testing has been conducted over the last 9 months with very successful engine emission results, all good.

James

Old 09-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by g3po
JWT has been in the Nissan biz for a long time , but they are far from a "large" company. JWT announced a CARB legal turbo kit well "before" APS even started marketing a Z33 kit. Big diff is that JWT has not "pre-sold" the kit prior to offical CARB cert and IMO has already lost a "huge" chunk of this market to APS and they aren't going to get it back. I firmly beleive that APS will eventually receive CARB approval , it's just goin to take as much time as it is still taking JWT to get past the board.

Also ,note that in Cali , you now have "6 years" before the first emmissions test is required on a post 2000 car. So they have a few years to get it together.
I dunno. I think that most that have jumped ship (to FI) this year are still "early adopters". I think the G35 market is a growing one and most are unaware of TT systems. Having carb certification whilst precluding body changes (no new hood or front bumper) is going to be a BIG selling point. I think that's the reason Vortech is doing so well. I just hope that JWT doesn't jack prices up being the only street legal TT. I know I'm waiting to see how it stands up to the competition...