Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbomaxima's Official Vortech SC Install Thread (lots of pictures)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moved on from there to the Power Steering Cooler

See you later Power Steering Brackets

And the bumper was getting in my way taking that stuff off, so it was time for it and the fender lining to go

And finally, the last picture of the night, a bunch of panels that are in the way

Old 08-04-2005, 05:17 PM
No didnt paint my sidemarkers, but i painted my battery covers in the engine compartment to match the color of the car.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Day 4

Well I came to the realization that Performance Nissan Parts forgot to send the gasket sealant with the Oil Pan Spacer, so I have to make yet ANOTHER trip. Luckily I didn't buy oil or brake cleaner yet, so I should be able to get that all in one shot. Idiots I tell you. I am still debating 10w30 or 5w30?

After doing some research I ordered the AAM Fuel Pressure Adapter to make installing the Fuel Pressure gauge sensor that much easier. $150, no cutting of fuel lines and it's a reversible setup; sounds worth it to me.

Anyways, received the Defi BF Amber 60mm Gauges today. After reviewing the instructions and learning about the "Daisy Chain" I have come to the realization that these are some really well designed gauges. I am hopefully going to run all the lines to the engine bay for both gauges and get them ready to be slapped into the gauge pod (whenever it gets done). Now I need to look around and see if I can find any pictures that someone may have of the wiring behind the radio and which wires I should tap into. I need the battery/12v Ignition/illumination and ground... If anyone knows of anything, I wouldn't mind a point in the right direction.

Pictures:

Old 08-04-2005, 06:12 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
those are some hot gauges.

i know where you can get most of those wires. but do you really need them from behind the radio??

Old 08-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Splice into the power point beside your right knee.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:40 PM
FGC President
all of the wires can me found coming out of the ignition harness except for maybe the dimmer wire.

i have many experiances with all of those wires with all the kptech installs i have done.

12v battery: thick white/blue wire in the harness
12v ignition: there really two the one i prefer is the black/red wire it comes on when the key is turned to the on postion and stays high when cranked. the second is the white/black wire which comes on when you turn the car to acc but turns off when you crank the car and then after the car is started it comes high again. this wire has cause some problems with some of our kptech vdc modules. i much prefer the black/red wire and have never had a problem with it.
ground: just look for a solid black wire or create your own using one of the many screws.
illumination: there is a wire there that powers the ring around the ignition switch. not sure which wire it is though. ill look through my service manual and see what i can find.

also i have both the 03 and 04 service manuals if you would like me to send one of them

Old 08-04-2005, 06:59 PM
FGC President
here is where you can grab and illumination wire.

Attached Thumbnails Turbomaxima's Official Vortech SC Install Thread (lots of pictures)-lt-pg-183s.jpg   Turbomaxima's Official Vortech SC Install Thread (lots of pictures)-lt-pg-184s.jpg  

Last edited by SFLG35; 08-04-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Never enough
Your going to LOVE those! I rode in a Z with them and I was so impressed I might rethink mine. How much did you get them for?

Old 08-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Yea those Defi gauges are really nice. Wats even better is they have a heads up display that you can add to your setup. The heads up display is crazy look into getting that as well.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
all of the wires can me found coming out of the ignition harness except for maybe the dimmer wire.

i have many experiances with all of those wires with all the kptech installs i have done.

12v battery: thick white/blue wire in the harness
12v ignition: there really two the one i prefer is the black/red wire it comes on when the key is turned to the on postion and stays high when cranked. the second is the white/black wire which comes on when you turn the car to acc but turns off when you crank the car and then after the car is started it comes high again. this wire has cause some problems with some of our kptech vdc modules. i much prefer the black/red wire and have never had a problem with it.
ground: just look for a solid black wire or create your own using one of the many screws.
illumination: there is a wire there that powers the ring around the ignition switch. not sure which wire it is though. ill look through my service manual and see what i can find.

also i have both the 03 and 04 service manuals if you would like me to send one of them
I am not going to lie, I couldn't make sense of either of the sheets you attached. I just got lost. I will inspect the ignition wires, it would be great if all 4 wires were in the same place, that is the only reason I mentioned the radio wires.

Originally Posted by G352NV
Your going to LOVE those! I rode in a Z with them and I was so impressed I might rethink mine. How much did you get them for?
Sweet... they are setup incredibly well and should be easy to wire once I find all the necessary wires. I got them for $535 shipped from Blair at Intensepower.com, great service!

Originally Posted by RashMan1450
Yea those Defi gauges are really nice. Wats even better is they have a heads up display that you can add to your setup. The heads up display is crazy look into getting that as well.
Any link you can provide, or are you just going to tease me?

Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Easiest way to grab the illumination lead is in the fuse panel by the battery. You have to run wires from there anyway. Might as well grab the tail light lead. No DMM or test light needed.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by djniknala
Easiest way to grab the illumination lead is in the fuse panel by the battery. You have to run wires from there anyway. Might as well grab the tail light lead. No DMM or test light needed.
It's one thing to feed wires through that I don't have to mess with, but I'd rather not have to wire in two seperate spots. I am would think there is an illumination wire in the ignition harness, or at least somewhere close.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:27 PM
there is a wire that i used for illumination for my stereo, it runs behind the panel to the right of the drivers right knee that houses the 12v plug, and runs under the steering wheel, i posted it in my stereo thread over a year ago. ill look back and try to find it.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
looking good so far. if weather never gets below 40 degrees then go for 10w30

Old 08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by tig488
there is a wire that i used for illumination for my stereo, it runs behind the panel to the right of the drivers right knee that houses the 12v plug, and runs under the steering wheel, i posted it in my stereo thread over a year ago. ill look back and try to find it.
Awesome Brett, that would be a HUGE help and time saver.

Originally Posted by accordfreak
looking good so far. if weather never gets below 40 degrees then go for 10w30
It got down to the 40s last winter here in north florida.. But it's not an everyday occurance by any means. What would be a safer choice?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Turbomaxima's Official Vortech SC Install Thread (lots of pictures)