Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

MRC will be selling these Twin Turbo kits now..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
We got a guy loca to us that we use, he builds cages certified for 6 second NHRA cars, is that "REAL" enough?
wow you guys are serious! right now i have a bolt in cage just to be legal for formula D. it won't hold up to serious racing however. i will bring my S13 by your shop to look at. it's nowhere near being nice. i'm sure you've seen drifting at etown, but it's only a notch or two away from the top professional setups specwise.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VQdriver
wow you guys are serious! right now i have a bolt in cage just to be legal for formula D. it won't hold up to serious racing however. i will bring my S13 by your shop to look at. it's nowhere near being nice. i'm sure you've seen drifting at etown, but it's only a notch or two away from the top professional setups specwise.
U race in Formula D?

Old 01-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by trebien
Do you have to pay extra for the metal filings that can get sucked into your engine?
Hard to tell from the pic, but I hope that's exhaust side...

pfffft lol dump tube for external wg you can re route that into your dp/exhaust if you want, but externals sound sick I would never re route them back into the exhaust

Old 01-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Ive had this kit for the longest time. Steve(Tinman) and I both have 5AT trannys, upgraded by Speed Force Racing, and we both have built motors now but b4 when I was with stock internals, i did 410 rwhp at 7 PSI. Not bad for a daily driver. I put on a good HARD pushed 60-80 miles a day to and from work and chillen with friends. If you go onto their website, you will see my dyno chart along with other data. I live in socal and will have my car finally alll complete by next week so if anyone wants to meet up for a ride, ill be more than happy to show you the power... Great great kit which I think is a perfect fit for myself but ofcourse everyone has their own needs.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:27 PM
I noticed this question was asked earlier but not answered yet by MRC Motorsports ...

1. Will this kit fit on a 5AT Coupe? Also do you need an upgraded exhaust? Will stock exhaust and cats work?

2. Do you guys do installation as well? How much on top of the 7795 is it?

Old 01-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^Kamal...I will take you up on that offer. I talked to you before when you were selling your Borla exhaust...I want to see this beast in person. Let me know

Old 01-31-2006, 02:44 PM
i was building my car towards a vortech sc, with fmic. could i get the single intercooler for an a/t sedan?

Old 01-31-2006, 03:03 PM
sundevil, I will let you know as soon as I get my car outta the shop. Keep in mind though that its not gonna be fair cause I will be able to boost at 15+ psi to make big numbers PLUS theres a little something extra im dumping in that rhymes with Nitrous... lol

to answer Shady908, yes this kit will fit on a 5AT. Actually the first 2 cars this kit was ever put on(Joe from NJ and mine) were 5AT. I drove a solid almost 40,000 miles until I blew cause I fukced around with my manual boost controller that was a lump of shi$. Now I got the Greddy Profec-e01. I love it!

Ill post pics up when everything is done.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
U race in Formula D?
i suck as a drifter. my friend drove my car in events and tried to qualify. since he built my car practically for free i figured i'd give him a fighting chance to compete. the only highlight for this car in formula d is a driver on team falken borrowed it one round due to breaking his own fd3s and ended up going tandem against rhys millen's 500hp gto. the car is retired from FD events for now.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by ShAdY908
I noticed this question was asked earlier but not answered yet by MRC Motorsports ...

1. Will this kit fit on a 5AT Coupe? Also do you need an upgraded exhaust? Will stock exhaust and cats work?

2. Do you guys do installation as well? How much on top of the 7795 is it?
It will fir a 5mt but you will need to beef up the tranny to hold the power,an upgraded exhaust is not needed , but it would be just plain silly to put a $7000 turbo kit on a car and leave a stock exhaust.
We professionally install and tune every product we sell unlike most online shops...

Old 01-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by VQdriver
i suck as a drifter. my friend drove my car in events and tried to qualify. since he built my car practically for free i figured i'd give him a fighting chance to compete. the only highlight for this car in formula d is a driver on team falken borrowed it one round due to breaking his own fd3s and ended up going tandem against rhys millen's 500hp gto. the car is retired from FD events for now.
Thats awesome! Drifting is def reallly hard to master. I just tried it for the first time over in Japan a few weeks ago - Dai from Pacific Rim was showing me some tricks, but i didnt get to good in one day! hahaha He, on the other hand, is SIIICK!

I met a lot of dudes that are heavily involved in Formula D, including the founder, so i plan on getting involved a lot this year - when i can...

Ok, back on topic with this thread, MRC, would this kit be good for a Daily driver such as myself? U know im looking at all the kits you guys sell but this one seems to be the most "baller" of all the kits...but is it too much for a daily???

Old 01-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
As Tim said , 2 posts above yours,it can be dumped to atmosphere or they can route it back into the turbo downpipe..
The post was unclear. Are you saying that they would include a setup that re-routes it back in to the exhaust for you, or that if you wanted to do anything other than dump to the atmosphere you'd have to go have the system customized yourself? If it's the latter, I think it's pretty weak.

I've run both dumps to the atmosphere and rerouted before, and let's just say that the G35 isn't exactly a race car, so an exhaust reroute would be highly preferred IMO.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by MechEE
The post was unclear. Are you saying that they would include a setup that re-routes it back in to the exhaust for you, or that if you wanted to do anything other than dump to the atmosphere you'd have to go have the system customized yourself? If it's the latter, I think it's pretty weak.

I've run both dumps to the atmosphere and rerouted before, and let's just say that the G35 isn't exactly a race car, so an exhaust reroute would be highly preferred IMO.

Dude no disrespect but are you kidding me?

Old 01-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
Thats awesome! Drifting is def reallly hard to master. I just tried it for the first time over in Japan a few weeks ago - Dai from Pacific Rim was showing me some tricks, but i didnt get to good in one day! hahaha He, on the other hand, is SIIICK!

I met a lot of dudes that are heavily involved in Formula D, including the founder, so i plan on getting involved a lot this year - when i can...

Ok, back on topic with this thread, MRC, would this kit be good for a Daily driver such as myself? U know im looking at all the kits you guys sell but this one seems to be the most "baller" of all the kits...but is it too much for a daily???

If you read my post above I mention that I put on a shi% load of miles in crazy LA traffic everyday. Ive pushed my car and turbo kit extremely hard. Tim is a witness since hes done all my work haha. The price is high compared to other kits because of their quality, efficiency, and service. Not saying anything about any of the other kits but power output/psi compared to other companies is one of the highest with the Speed Force kit. I wish I knew how to upload a video to show yall my cars performance

Old 01-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Kamal34
Dude no disrespect but are you kidding me?
The G35 is a luxury sport / touring car. Why would you kill it with some loud annoying smelly atmosphere-connected dump tube? The reason they decided to dump to the atmosphere was to simply the exhaust piping and cut cost, not for the absolute maximum power gains, otherwise they'd offer both options.

And making power at low boost numbers is great from an efficiency standpoint, but you're still moving the same large massflows. It's not like 400 ft-lbs from 7 psi with this kit is the same stress on the engine as 7 psi with another kit that only puts out 320 ft-lbs.

Last edited by MechEE; 01-31-2006 at 06:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MRC will be selling these Twin Turbo kits now..