Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My VRT built TT G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weslutes,

Not sure if you even understand what VRT is trying to do. They don't install turbo kits. They build signature cars with similiar goals as Ruf, Alpina, Hennessy, etc.

You can't just buy a kit and them ship it too you. I went with VRT, not because they stated they could make the "Most Power" on a Dyno. Cause Mike at VRT was honest and fair, built the car, and took me to the track and showed me how to drive it. The car is a built VQ, with AP Racing Brakes, JWT Turbo, Coil Overs, Sways, upgraded JWt fly/cluth/cams and rims/tires for the street and the track. This is how they build the VRT cars. A package deal with mutiliple upgrades. Not just a kit.

All of the cars are consistant as if they were from the factory and they are tuned consistantly.

So VRT aren't knock-offs. I believe in my car, it is Sick! It is fast and reliable. I am sure your APS, or Greddy or SFR car can make more power if you boost it. Yet for my purpose, daily driver and then Weekend Road Racer, my VRT car is perfect. If you live in Cali, Show up at Willow Springs Raceway this Wednesday and let me show you what it can do on the track.

D.B.

Last edited by Native1; 11-13-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:55 PM
O.K. I get it.

Does the JWT kit come with SS box & GT28 turbos?
Who tunes the kit?
What dyno do they use?
Realistically, all of the other kits are sufficient enough to perform at least to the same performance level as the JWT kit. For whatever type of performance.

Even if JWT hands out carb stickers, you don't know if you'll pass. With 8.5:1 comp & cams, you never know.
I doubt that APS will give out carb stickers but if they do, I may not have to worry either.

I understand what VRT is doing. They're marketing all over the boards. Sayin' how good their chit is.
They do have good chit but boasting all over the boards is lame. IMO

All they do is buy good parts (top brands), install them, & charge you a ton of $$. They did a good job & you're happy, that's what's important.

Any mechanically inclined Joe Shmoe like myself can easily order & install top brand stuff. For some, paying an arm & a leg for install is out of the question.

I know they're not knock-offs, it just sounds funny how they're down the street and have the same "technologies" logo.

My car is also a daily driver/weekend warrior but I chose all my parts and installed/un-installed/re-installed just about everything.
I'd love to go to Willow Springs again, give me a few weeks. My G will give your car a run for its money.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Banned
Sounds great.

You can PM me anytime and we can talk about the next track date if you wish.

I usually go with the VRT guys for

speedventures.net and
opentrackracing.com and
SERCA events.

I have run my car in the last six months at
Big Willow
Streets
Button Willow
and even (my favorite but now outlawed) California - Fontana Speedway.

VRT has some video of my car passing everything in the sun on California Speedway at Speeds of up to 160 down the straight. Very Very sick.

It took me a while to learn how to handle the power on a track, learn the apex, and heel toe. I am pretty good now yet ALWAYS still learning.

Would love to fast lap with you anytime. FYI, if you don't have them, a good set of tires is a must.

Thanks

D.B.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:25 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
another VRT commercial? Geesh..this is why I got TiVO!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's funny how the only people posting good things are utter NEWBIES obviously put up to the task by VRT (why have 1 of your 4 customers post NOW, after 6 months?), or VRT themselves.

You (VRT) would get a LOT more mileage by not spamming EVERY FREAKING FORUM with your advertisements.

And yes, they are ads. Either get a sponsorship like all the other vendors, or failing that, try a more straight-ahead marketing campaign instead of this attempted viral stuff.

RUF? Alpina? hahahahahahaha !!!! Alouis and Berkhard are laughing right now without even knowing why.

My favorite:
Originally Posted by wa2good
UUMMM.........probably because we only dynoed the car at 5000 RPM !!
(for tuning purposes) Not a peak HP run!

.....and yet...*laughing*.......you posted the results......*laughing*

......Uhhhh, yeah. I'm SURE they know what they are doing. You should have seen the description of the tuning methods used over on MY350Z. Hilarious.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Last edited by ChicagoX; 11-16-2005 at 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-14-2005, 03:45 PM
for the longest time that i can remember see both here and my350z,this is what i see.
there are a few guys:
1) VRT
2) Wa2good
3) Vision619
4) USN HM 350Z
5) Native1

-you all came on the boards and almost all the posts are for promoting their business.
*WITHOUT paying the fee for being a site sponsor.you keep saying already apply for it.so is that means admins here did not see your application? or they don't want your money?*
-you all calling peoples out to the tracks in almost every posts.
*which it NOT what most peoples here into.they ARE into 1/4 mile run and dynoing to see how much the car make and perform.i personally don't give the plying **** about what you can do on the autocross track.but i have to give you credit.if i (an amateur) with 1000hp car and go out there,i still get beat by you because it mainly skill,you go there all the times.another word if i fvck everyday,i'll be a better fvcker than you.get it?*
-you don't know much about technical stuffs,but going around and make it like you knows everything.
*not a surprise there.a lot of members on the boards know a lot and they just laughing and not say anything mainly because they don't want to get into a pissing contest.but because of that,you thought you rule the boards*
-members keep asking you to showing them such as dyno sheet and stuffs to prove your claims.
*some of them doesn't believe you,some curious to see,some are interested to find out in what you said,but 1 way or the other you not showing which make them believe those are false claims.evidence by the fact that you can not come up with anything and the numbers on your website and signatures been removed,edited or altered.*
-you keep saying that you built well rounded cars for everyday driving.
*so are peoples here on the boards.i don't recall seeing anybody built his car just for drag racing or just for dyno sestions.*
-you calling peoples haters,mudslingers,dyno queens among others things.
*this is a puclic forums.you come here and post,you have to expect others to respond,discuss,comment,ask...
all that plus "a little cocky" attitude that you guys present here made peoples dislike you.don't you see by now that every single post contains VRT has members jump in and said something negative against you?
to round it up you guys made a bad name for yourself (VRT) which in term drag down JWT.pretty sad.

is there a cure to this? you bet there is.for starter,how about get rid of the "my d!ck bigger than yours" attitude? starting with Vision619
what do you think members from Ferrari,Lamborghini,Porsche,Corvette and Viper will reacts when they read your posts and see your website? what do you think they will do to 1 of us who drive a 350Z or G35 down the road?

that's what i see going on and i'm just say it like it is.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Deleted

Last edited by TurboTim; 11-14-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-EDITED ALSO-

Can we all just stop the bashing, hating, mudslinging, bragging, etc. and move on to some more productive things already!

Native 1 was just trying to post a thread about his car (like most ALL of you have done before) and the guy gets flamed for it ...........Where's the logic in that ?.......what a welcome........real classy .................

BTW, nice posts, Zland (very true, thanks) and you too nissansource

Scott

Last edited by wa2good; 11-15-2005 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Native 1 was just trying to post a thread about his car (like most ALL of you have done before) and the guy gets flamed for it ...........Where's the logic in that ?.......what a welcome........real classy .................
Most ALL of us (as you put it) weren't put up to the posting by a vendor who has already shown his derriere on this board and others.

As soon as he was done posting, you picked up the standard and ran with it. You actually posted TWICE as many times as the OP. Whose thread is it really?

If the guy had posted here before your "involvement" I guarantee his welcome would have been different. Your PR person should be fired.

Last edited by ChicagoX; 11-15-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:30 PM
We could if you guys would contribute something. Any tricks as far as the cooling system, any tuning techniques you have found to work well on this motor, etc. We know about the products you offer. I don't like being a dick but you haven't contributed anything but boasts on your shop.
Can we all just stop the bashing, hating, mudslinging, bragging, etc. and move on to some more productive things already!

Old 11-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Native 1 was just trying to post a thread about his car
this is what they see Scott (hint: in red)

I am new to these message boards and have signed up to post about my car. I LOVE IT!

I have had my car back for a few months now and have put about 8-9 thousand miles on it with all the upgraded parts installed. The guys at VRT, Scott and Mike, and their mechanics and the tuner Mark have done an awesome job on my car. It has a built engine and Jim Wolf Twin turbo kit, cams, clutch, flywheel and intake. It has a VRT custom plenum and Power Trix/VRT coil overs, some Stillen sway bars, and camber adjusters, a monster AP Racing 4 wheel brake kit, 19 inch polished Volk Racing SF Challengers wheels, and a stillen carbon fiber hood.

I couldn't be happier about the way it turned out. IT is SICK!! My car has done well on the dyno as well as some local So. Cal. race tracks. Now that I am getting more of a feel for the power, and the handling of my car I am staying with, or passing anything I have come across out on the track and the street.
Thank you Violent Racing Technology, VRT for transforming my car.
It was well worth the wait.

D.B.

You can see my car on their website http://www.violentracing.com/it is the only black G35 on there.......enjoy, I know I am

Old 11-15-2005, 01:06 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by TINMAN
this is what they see Scott (hint: in red)

I am new to these message boards and have signed up to post about my car. I LOVE IT!

I have had my car back for a few months now and have put about 8-9 thousand miles on it with all the upgraded parts installed. The guys at VRT, Scott and Mike, and their mechanics and the tuner Mark have done an awesome job on my car. It has a built engine and Jim Wolf Twin turbo kit, cams, clutch, flywheel and intake. It has a VRT custom plenum and Power Trix/VRT coil overs, some Stillen sway bars, and camber adjusters, a monster AP Racing 4 wheel brake kit, 19 inch polished Volk Racing SF Challengers wheels, and a stillen carbon fiber hood.

I couldn't be happier about the way it turned out. IT is SICK!! My car has done well on the dyno as well as some local So. Cal. race tracks. Now that I am getting more of a feel for the power, and the handling of my car I am staying with, or passing anything I have come across out on the track and the street.
Thank you Violent Racing Technology, VRT for transforming my car.
It was well worth the wait.

D.B.

You can see my car on their website http://www.violentracing.com/it is the only black G35 on there.......enjoy, I know I am
Yeah, I'm waiting to hear....BUT WAIT, act now and we'll throw in not ONE, but TWO dyno sessions...that's a $300 value, yours FREE when you act now...(in a low voice) operators are waiting so act now before this awesome VRT offers slides by

Old 11-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just have 1 stupid question - why is g35coup and not coupe? watch the video you have.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Yeah, I'm waiting to hear....BUT WAIT, act now and we'll throw in not ONE, but TWO dyno sessions...that's a $300 value, yours FREE when you act now...(in a low voice) operators are waiting so act now before this awesome VRT offers slides by

FREQAN RANDY! Great shiz man that was hilarious. Miss you here in LA bro. I still owe you a freqan cigar!!!! Hahaha take care and great post!

Old 11-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Dude, VRT is awesome!!! They make "real all around cars" not just dyno bioches. They make track monsters and they are 'top shelf' yo. They even know how to tune a car because who cares what happens after 5000 rpms anyway? Our cars are so fast we only need to stay at 3500 rpms and we pass Vipers and Ferraris whenever we want. If you don't believe me just come out to the track and we'll put you and your weak non-VRT piece of krap in it's place cuz that's how we do.

There, just paypal my free three 1/2 dyno runs to byteme@usuckoutloud.com

where's the troll spray when you need it?

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My VRT built TT G35