Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics on the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Montgomery's Finest
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics on the way

OK, I finally got the turbonetics paid off. I have been reading about some of the problems. They say that the t-netics reflash ecu is good, once you start adding aftermarket parts it seem to run into problems. I need know some of the problems people are running into and how you are fixing them .So that I can avoid any problems in the furture. One thing I know, I am going to do is go to a 3" exhaust all the way back then add a HKS Titanium Tip, which i know causes problems right there. But any advice concerning BOV, Wastegates, Headers, Plenums , Engine Management and etc will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Personal opinions are welcome weither you have a Turbonetics Turbo or not just be helpful in any way you can. Please no bashing on either of the Sinlge Turbo kits.

Self install on this one

Old 12-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Never enough
Congrats on the kit.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Montgomery's Finest
Thanks For The Support

Old 12-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Dee.....you DOG!!

Congrats & I can't wait to see it.

What happened to the SC??

Old 12-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I bought 2 HKS mufflers to make a 3" exhaust. But I'm putting that on hold. I bought the Apexi WS II as a temporary exhaust for now until I get Utec and some other fuel toys.

TN has not confirmed any problems on the G kit yet. All this talk has been on the Z kit.

Old 12-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Montgomery's Finest
Originally Posted by OldVFRGuy
Dee.....you DOG!!

Congrats & I can't wait to see it.

What happened to the SC??
I just decided to go another way. I always wanted a turbo car. I sold the SC a couple of weeks ago. Just wanted to be one of the first with a T-netics G in the South East.

Old 12-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Good choice on the Apexi You'll both be happy with this kit...

Old 12-29-2005, 06:18 PM
congrats! i'm envious!!!!

Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 PM
i should be getting my car back on sat. with the tn kit on, i can't wait. i live in miami.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! I haven't gotten my kit yet, so jealous of you guys . If you live anywhere in Broward county I'd love you give you a hand with the install. What's your setup going to be besides the exhaust? and are you going to keep your headers?

...lol, just kidding, just saw u live in AL Congratz anyways!

Last edited by 2slo2bfurious; 12-29-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
Congrats! I haven't gotten my kit yet, so jealous of you guys . If you live anywhere in Broward county I'd love you give you a hand with the install. What's your setup going to be besides the exhaust? and are you going to keep your headers?
I have the instructions you can check here: http://members.***.net/turbonetics350z/Gkit.pdf

Old 12-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Montgomery's Finest
Playa you are the truth. I can get a heads up on the install. This is awsome. Hey how do you think 440cc injectors will work. I have a return fuel system with regulator, but the fuel system kit is set up for about 360hp to 400hp i am planning on installing also. How do you think that will work before a tune. The Fuel system was pre-owned by a friend.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by gumpdriver
Playa you are the truth. I can get a heads up on the install. This is awsome. Hey how do you think 440cc injectors will work. I have a return fuel system with regulator, but the fuel system kit is set up for about 360hp to 400hp i am planning on installing also. How do you think that will work before a tune. The Fuel system was pre-owned by a friend.
It will work but I wouldn't put in the 440s till you have something to tune with. The flash is set up for 380s and the 440s will make it so rich the car will run like crap..

Old 12-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Banned
if you run full exhaust the car wont hold boost because since there is no backpressure on the exhaust turbine it will spin too freely. The small wastegate they provide doesnt dump enough exhaust gasses to keep the boost so low. And no, putting a tial 38mm on there wont solve the problem either. I have a customer with a Z with the kit and he had this problem when he tried to run the gate external instead of re routed, the car would boost creep uncontrolably because there wasnt enough back pressure to keep the exhaust turbine from spinning too fast.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:47 AM
Originally Posted by BlackStevo8
if you run full exhaust the car wont hold boost because since there is no backpressure on the exhaust turbine it will spin too freely. The small wastegate they provide doesnt dump enough exhaust gasses to keep the boost so low. And no, putting a tial 38mm on there wont solve the problem either. I have a customer with a Z with the kit and he had this problem when he tried to run the gate external instead of re routed, the car would boost creep uncontrolably because there wasnt enough back pressure to keep the exhaust turbine from spinning too fast.
That's not true. Mia has tried running with no exhaust with minimal changes.
Check out post #109.
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...netics+exhaust

Originally Posted by gumpdriver
It's a good idea to change it eventually. 380 injectors run at around 97% duty cycle @ 385wrhp. That's kinda high. It would make more sense to install 440's to back the duty cycle down which would be about 84%, idle problems should not be an issue as idle is set higher on the reflash. 550's are just overkill for 400wrhp, duty cycle is too low and will cause bad idle problems.

Last edited by lucidazn; 12-31-2005 at 04:50 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics on the way