Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

JWT kit being installed in NY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2006 | 11:16 AM
Congrats Brian! I am anxious to see how it turns out for you. As you might know my G is at AAM getting the HKS kit as we speak, unfortunately I just found out mine won't be done by tomorrow , I know it will be worth it in the end so hang in there and I cant wait to see some pics of the JWT set-up. Good Luck!

Old 01-20-2006 | 01:21 PM
|
PM me your cell number and I will give you a call when I'm on my way there. I'm going to call PM later on today to make sure it will be done by tomorrow like they said. You never know.

Old 01-20-2006 | 01:45 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by SI_G35Coupe
KjbAlto, i've gotten work done there myself. i think a possible mini-meet of the G-Squad would be in order to see this bad boy when it's finished

keep us posted on when she's gonna be done, or at least let Diesel1 know... he'll pass the word to the rest of us lol (he practically lives around the corner from there)
YEAH I second that G-Squad mini-meet motion...

I have been reading on and checkin on that kit for a while now...and would like to see it also...as I'm sure many people would wanna see it too...so if you'd be willing...we'd be definately willing to set up a mini meet to check it out....

Diesel will get the sneak peak...but I know many would wanna see it

Old 01-20-2006 | 04:29 PM
|
No problem. We'll figure something out. Spoke to Nick at PM and he still says it will be ready tomorrow. So we'll see what happens. Hopefully they won't run into any problems.

Old 01-22-2006 | 11:48 AM
|
Sorry Diesel, I left my apartment yesterday and forgot to write down your number to send you a text. I picked up my car yesterday and it is f*ckin sick!! I drove it around for awhile and said to myself I don't see how anybody could want more power than this. But that didn't last for long!!! LOL It's addicting like everybody else always said!! I pulled 348whp on the mustang dyno which would be higher numbers ofcourse on a dynojet. That's what everybody says. I'm going to find a dynojet around here to run it on. Does anybody know where there's one in Westchester? As far as my impressions, I love the car. Visually I can see the difference in the heat shield they use on the Z. The one on the G I don't like the looks of. I'll have to take some pictures for you guys to see. I got my plenum polished too and it's so shiney you can brush your teeth in it!! I think I have to bring the car back though because when I'm driving I hear a sound like crickets coming from the engine. I cna't figure out where's it coming. If I close either door I hear a quick sound of it too so it's obviously just something loose or rubbing, which is no big deal. As far as the car idling, it's exactly like stock, no difference. My only complaint about this kit or any twin turbo kit for the matter, is that the car no longer has the sweet exhaust sound that the G's and Z's make. The turbos are used like mufflers and you no longer hear that sound. But the sound of the turbo's screaming and the flutter of the wastegate make up for it!!! PM me if anybody wants to meet up today and i'll give you my cell.