Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech needs a 2005.5-2006 G35 Coupe for R&D...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I had my Mustang (SALEEN) BBK needed my exact year to design a long tube header. They had my car for about 2 days. I got the Headers for free, along with new motor mounts (Car needed them before) and a full exaust kit, and tune....It was a great deal for me, over 1k worth of Mods for free and they put approx 5 miles on my car from a Dyno........

I agree if they use your car you just at least get the product for free....

Old 02-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by fastfoursix
When I had my Mustang (SALEEN) BBK needed my exact year to design a long tube header. They had my car for about 2 days. I got the Headers for free, along with new motor mounts (Car needed them before) and a full exaust kit, and tune....It was a great deal for me, over 1k worth of Mods for free and they put approx 5 miles on my car from a Dyno........

I agree if they use your car you just at least get the product for free....
The Vortech Kit is $4500 to 5000 , I dont think they would give it to you for free . Some one jump on this , we need to know if they come up with a better pulley system for the rest of us . This is part of a post I made about the new Vortech set up .

Old 02-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Mod Junky!
Wish I was in CA I would be all over this no doubt.

Old 02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by e420x
Wish I was in CA I would be all over this no doubt.
Same here!

Old 02-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by booger
The Vortech Kit is $4500 to 5000 , I dont think they would give it to you for free . Some one jump on this , we need to know if they come up with a better pulley system for the rest of us . This is part of a post I made about the new Vortech set up .
Perhaps then they can pony up $30k+ for a slightly used '05 and test their own car It'll probably take them over a week to install, test & tune.
I doubt anyone is going to "loan" their car for over a week to anyone without getting a free product. But, that's just me.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i tried PMing the guy and he hasnt answered yet

Old 02-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where do I sign up at?

Old 02-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by andy2434
Where do I sign up at?
Pm the starter of this thread...Derek at DSport Mag.

Perhaps then they can pony up $30k+ for a slightly used '05 and test their own car It'll probably take them over a week to install, test & tune.
I doubt anyone is going to "loan" their car for over a week to anyone without getting a free product. But, that's just me

APS , ATI, HKS , TurboNetic , Vortech , Stillen . All of them I'm sure used other peoples cars to test fit thier kits . I doubt any of them got a free kit . I'd rather have them install and flog my car for a week , knowing its not going to blow up when I got it back . Also the install is going to be top notch with nothing to worry about when you pick it up . But, thats just me

Old 02-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Pm the starter of this thread...Derek at DSport Mag.

I doubt anyone is going to "loan" their car for over a week to anyone without getting a free product. But, that's just me

APS , ATI, HKS , TurboNetic , Vortech , Stillen . All of them I'm sure used other peoples cars to test fit thier kits . I doubt any of them got a free kit . I'd rather have them install and flog my car for a week , knowing its not going to blow up when I got it back . Also the install is going to be top notch with nothing to worry about when you pick it up . But, thats just me
And then when you get it back with low compression in one cylinder, what do you have to show for it? $1000 off on a kit minus a 1-2 week's worth of use?

Old 02-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by MechEE
And then when you get it back with low compression in one cylinder, what do you have to show for it? $1000 off on a kit minus a 1-2 week's worth of use?
And when you go out and buy the kit full price and full price for install . You go out and flog it at the track or on the street and you end up with low compression in one cyl. You had a bad motor to begin with and paid alot more to find out .

If any one doesnt want to do it FINE ! They are looking for some one that wants a SC , fully tested and installed and cheap . There are several people on this and other forums that have had there cars used for test fitting for w\every kit out there . Do you see or hear any of them complaining ? Or that they got there car back and the motor was blown or burning oil ?
So please go build your post count in another thread

Old 02-17-2006, 10:27 PM
And when you go out and buy the kit full price and full price for install . You go out and flog it at the track or on the street and you end up with low compression in one cyl. You had a bad motor to begin with and paid alot more to find out .

If any one doesnt want to do it FINE ! They are looking for some one that wants a SC , fully tested and installed and cheap . There are several people on this and other forums that have had there cars used for test fitting for w\every kit out there . Do you see or hear any of them complaining ? Or that they got there car back and the motor was blown or burning oil ?
So please go build your post count in another thread
My point is that they are LEARNING how to tune the '05+ cars on your car. That means they're going to screw up few times along the way.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Banned
Add one more to your post count . 637 in 2 months

Last edited by booger; 02-17-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Add one more to your post count . 637 in 2 months
Are you scared I'm going to pass your post count or something?

The fact remains that whoever lends their car to Vortech needs to understand that they'll surely accidentally run too lean or push too aggressive of a timing map along the learning curve to figuring out the '05+ tuning. The "discount" offsets this along with the loss of vehicle use.

+1 to my post count, because I care so much.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:18 PM
+2.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Be very cautious about this. Vortech used my car to make the G35 s/c kit in the beginning. Their backyard mechanics did a **** poor installation and on top of that they beat the crap out of my car (and had it for over a month). They said they had to have someone from R4 come up to "tune" the splitsecond box cause they couldn't do it. I don't think they ever did that, after looking at the download of the box it appeared to be a stock tune. In the end it ended up being a bad decision.. I did end up only paying around $2200.

Then about a year later I lent them my car for a car because "Car and Driver Magazine" wanted to do an article on the kit. I got some nice freebies out of the deal however they really beat the crap out of my car on the drag strip and the article never made it, due to Car and Driver "not being satisfied by the numbers" (words from Vortech).

I'm not ******* the kit, i'm ******* the idiots at Vortech.

Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vortech needs a 2005.5-2006 G35 Coupe for R&D...