Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

New Plug and Play ECU Available for 350z!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Plug and Play ECU Available for 350z!

We have designed and developed the ECU for the 350z. This ecu will run the engine with no problems, we just need to verify harness lengths and creature comforts (A/C, PS, etc) stay intact. If anyone is interested we would like to test this ECU on a forced induction G35. Please pm me if interested.

Nissan 350z Magneti Marelli Engine Management System Now Available!

We are pleased to announce after months of research that we have a new plug and play engine management system for the 350z available for sale. Included in the package will be the ECU with the software package, engine control unit, all necessary wiring and sensors including air temperature, water temperature, map and high-speed lambda.

The ECU itself is manufactured by Magneti Marreli Italy. Magneti Marelli produces systems for companies including Ferrari, Lamborghini as well as racing applications for Formula 1 and CART racing teams. With the help of Magneti Marelli we have developed a user-friendly cost effective professional level solution for the 350Z market. In the core of the system lies an 80 Million Instruction Per Second processor (MIPS), which hands down is the fastest system available to the sport compact market beating the nearest competitors by at least twice as fast. This directly translates into more precise timing control, fuel injection and overall performance of the ECU. The system is designed to be a plug in unit with no wiring necessary. Additionally the interface to the ECU is run by a TCP/IP connection with an IP address connected through an Ethernet cable for instant data transfer from the ECU to your laptop. No waiting to download maps and upload new files.

Some of the features available include a 2 channel variable cam control strategy, drive by wire strategy, built in high speed 2 channel lambda control, multiple boost control strategies multiple PWM outputs and many user configurable 0-5v inputs for sensors such as EGT, Oil Pressure, Oil temperature, shock travel, clutch speed etc. A base map for the 350z will also be supplied to help with initial tuning and starting. The high-speed lambda will also aid in the tuning process. The integrated lambda is capable of full throttle/heavy load real time tuning changes if so desired. The built in ignition drivers are capable of running the stock Nissan 350z logic drive coils. If aftermarket coil packs are required the Marelli can control those as well.

Cam control and drive by wire will be available upon request if so desired. From our testing when the stock ecu has control over cam timing maximum volumetric efficiency can be achieved on engines with stock displacement and stock camshafts. However, if the engine has been significantly modified with high lift camshafts, head porting, and/or a stroker crankshaft this is where variable cam control will become beneficial and useful. On our project 430z 4.3L GT42 Turbocharged stroker engine we saw an immediate increase of 20whp at 3psi of boost at low engine speed between 2-3k rpm and an immediate 60whp increase at 20psi from 5000rpm to redline!

Drive by wire will currently only be available on special request under certain circumstances. The stock Nissan ECU does a fantastic job of controlling idle and all throttle functions. Additionally the stock traction control system can be retained! Although the Marelli ECU does have a traction control strategy developed, at this time it will not currently be available until further testing is completed

The system also features as an option a professional level data logger with 4 or more megabytes of data to record any of the numerous data streams available for those who need trackside support and tuning. The data logger is self-scaling and completely user definable with any number of layouts and designs tuner configurable to display data in any manor! This is a professional level data logger comparable to the top offerings of the most advanced systems on the market today!

We are currently setting up a nation wide dealer network to provide support and installation of these units. This system will be available to Magneti Marelli dealers and not directly to the end user. Due to the complexity of the software we ask that an authorized tuner install and setup your system. The main benefit of this will be a highly skilled and educated technical support network to provide answers to your questions and solutions to your needs.

This system is available today for immediate installation at our facility in Lexington, Kentucky. Please feel free to respond with any questions or concerns you may have.

1. Variable cam control is an option but is available to those who will benefit from this feature. If you don’t need it then you won’t have to buy it.

2. The 80 MIPS processor is the fastest available in an ECU of this price. To make a comparison the fastest Motec ECU runs a 30MIPS, Autronic SM4 runs at 8MIPS.

3. No external ignition box will be needed. We have tested this system to over 1000hp on our 4.3liter engine with stock coils.

4. Installation takes approximately 1-2 hrs. The biggest part of that time is the installation of the lambda sensor in the exhaust system. The water temperature, air temperature and map sensors take minutes to install.

5. The ECU is a very compact design in a cast aluminum housing.

6. Drive by wire/throttle by wire control is available but will only be offered as an option. The Stock ECU controls the drive by wire system exceptionally well and there is no need to add this unless the stock ECU will be removed.

7. This system will allow you to retain all the creature comforts (A/C, Power Steering, Stock Gauges, etc.) of your 350z while providing a professional exceptionally flexible high speed engine control unit for highly modified engines running larger turbos, injectors with highly modified internals

8. This system is designed for someone looking for top of the line components to be the pinnacle of an already exceptionally built vehicle. If you are looking for basic fuel control you may be better suited looking for a more basic alternative.

9. This system and software is a professional level system with many features and system functions found nowhere else. The speed, depth of the tuning package, data logger and data retrieval systems are of the highest caliber

If you have any questions please PM or ask them here and we will address them as soon as possible.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
A beautiful system for sure.....for the true hands-on power seeker. Here is the pricing info from over on the other 350z forum.

"Pricing is going to be between $4500-$5000K. Please keep in mind that we have developed this for the serious enthusiast who needs a professional level system. If simple fuel control for your bolt on turbo kit is all you are looking for you might be better served looking elsewhere."

Old 05-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
We just tested the ECU on a G35 auto and it works just like our ECU on the 350z as expected. All creature comforts worked perfectly.

Old 05-20-2006, 03:46 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
so only the dealers can install and tune this setup? I'd would prefer to have my local shop tune my car if that's possible

Old 05-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
For right now with the complexity of the system we prefer authorized tuners and dealers to do the install. The software will be provided to the dealer and they can pass this on to the end user if you would like it. We have seen on other forums that the biggest difference between this ECU and others, is with the other ECUs, the software is not provided and every adjustment must be made with the dealer. The end user has zero control over this.

Accordfreak, where are you from? We will be happy to work with your shop to setup this ECU in your car.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:44 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
hmmmm... will this work for NA???

Ed Lin

Old 05-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Ed,

Certainly. We have tested the ECU on our forced induction 350z with over 1000hp, on a stock G35 auto sedan to make sure everything continued to work as normal, as well as a 350z with a Nismo Exhaust and Intake. We netted 25rwhp gain on the N/A 350z. We recommend the ECU for a Forced Induction application as you will see greater improvements over an N/A car simply due to the inability of the stock ECU to control the added air flow and fuel that is required with higher horsepower. We have found the MM is capable of doing anything we have asked due to the involvement with Formula 1, Kart, Ferrari, and Lamborghini. So the possibilies are endless.

Originally Posted by G35Lin
hmmmm... will this work for NA???

Ed Lin

Old 05-21-2006, 10:52 AM
wow, this would be something im looking forward to buy

Old 05-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I sent you a PM on my350z about a price quote

Old 05-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:17 PM
You think it would be possible to produce a toned down version? For example, if I wanted launch control I would have to purchase a code from you to unlock it in the software. I think it would be great to pick which features I want instead of buying the whole thing. I know I won't be using half the features of this unit but I want the reliabilty of a standalone that can also be tuned by local tuners.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
The way the Marreli is setup, is you purchase each individually. The base price does not include launch control, drag boost, Variable Cam, etc. Marreli and other big race ECUs include all the feature in the ECU even memory just use codes to unlock. Of course I would prefer them to unlock everything for us.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
The way the Marreli is setup, is you purchase each individually. The base price does not include launch control, drag boost, Variable Cam, etc. Marreli and other big race ECUs include all the feature in the ECU even memory just use codes to unlock. Of course I would prefer them to unlock everything for us.

wow so they do have a base unit. I think a lot of daily driven people who don't race a whole lot would buy the base unit instead of the full blown package including me. I think it would ideal for majority of the people. I hope that's possible. thanks.