G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Question to the Admins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Calvin
RudeG_v2.0 and Philthy took some cheap shots at G35Driver staff. While I couldn't care less what people say about me personally (it's just the internet, not the end of my life ), I don't appreciate people talking down on our Staff members whom volunteer their time here - lots of time I might add.
Going off your statement "it's just the internet, not the end of my life"

Why is it such a big deal then? Why does it matter if they say what they say?

if it's just the internet and not the end of your life, then why should people voicing an opinion or fact be so bad if it's just the internet?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by doug
understood

Just wondering, what is your policy for support of banned sponsors by users? wether by posts or via their sigs?
I'm not sure if we have a formal policy for this; however, it is generally frowned upon. If it is an explicit shot at free advertisement, then it will be removed - especially when there is a competing paying Sponsor. However, keep in mind that there are several thousand forum members and only a handful of Staff members, so we cannot babysit every members signature.

I'm sure I speak for most, if not all, Staff members when I say that I do not go into threads specifically looking to moderate them or members' avatars/signatures - that would be very time consuming. However, if I come across a post/thread or member's avatar/signature that violates the ToU or is distasteful, then I will remove/alter it.

If this is leading where I think it's leading...

Regarding the RA STB group buy, that should never have taken place in the general forums to begin with. Our policy regarding group buys started by members for non-forum sponsors is that they should be posted and only open to Premier Members. However, I did not catch this GB in time. Again, you can't catch them all, unfortunately. I cannot speak for all of Staff, however.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by olphatty
Going off your statement "it's just the internet, not the end of my life"

Why is it such a big deal then? Why does it matter if they say what they say?

if it's just the internet and not the end of your life, then why should people voicing an opinion or fact be so bad if it's just the internet?
Ugh, why do you insist on pushing this matter?

People can say what they want about me, my feelings won't be hurt. But I don't appreciate people talking trash on fellow Staff members - whether they can take it or not, but I'm sure they can. Would you allow people to talk **** about your friends? If so, that doesn't say much about your character or your friendship.

And this is not an invitation for members to starts trash talking me. First it'll start with me, then it'll move onto another staff member and another staff member - not cool. Rather, let's just not start it at all. I don't understand the purpose of it to begin with. Do people get a cheap thrill out of trash talking on the internet? E-thuggin' it?

If members are THAT uncomfortable with this staff or this forum, then why bother coming here to post?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Not really any of your business, is it? If the members that were put in MU would like to share with you why, then you can ask them. Again, if they don't know why, then they certainly have plenty of time to think about it.

Stay out of trouble and you'll stay out of MU, simple as that.
Well being that im a super-mod on the other site I dont cause trouble. However you said its none of my business but then answer the same questions I asked to doug.

-Jerome doesnt get why calvin is mean all mean but okay your site

-shrugs

Old 03-28-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm not sure if we have a formal policy for this; however, it is generally frowned upon. If it is an explicit shot at free advertisement, then it will be removed - especially when there is a competing paying Sponsor. However, keep in mind that there are several thousand forum members and only a handful of Staff members, so we cannot babysit every members signature.

I'm sure I speak for most, if not all, Staff members when I say that I do not go into threads specifically looking to moderate them or members' avatars/signatures - that would be very time consuming. However, if I come across a post/thread or member's avatar/signature that violates the ToU or is distasteful, then I will remove/alter it.

If this is leading where I think it's leading...

Regarding the RA STB group buy, that should never have taken place in the general forums to begin with. Our policy regarding group buys started by members for non-forum sponsors is that they should be posted and only open to Premier Members. However, I did not catch this GB in time. Again, you can't catch them all, unfortunately. I cannot speak for all of Staff, however.
thank you for your time... is there any chance of removing the others from MU? or a timetable?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by r0mey
Well being that im a super-mod on the other site I dont cause trouble. However you said its none of my business but then answer the same questions I asked to doug.

-Jerome doesnt get why calvin is mean all mean but okay your site

-shrugs
The answer to your question is much more evident if you've been following the RA STB ordeal. And if you haven't, then your answer would still be much easier to find.

Doug's questions were answered so as it make it clear that taking shots at Staff members is not welcomed, especially if done in poor fashion. As in any case, if you* have a valid complaint with evidence, then you're more than welcome to voice your opinion so long as it is done in a professional manner and does not cause a riot/lead to pure trash talking. However, at some point you'll have to realize that this is not your personal sandbox.

*You does not refer to you specifically, but anyone.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:50 AM
Ugh, why do you insist on pushing this matter?

People can say what they want about me, my feelings won't be hurt. But I don't appreciate people talking trash on fellow Staff members - whether they can take it or not, but I'm sure they can. Would you allow people to talk **** about your friends? If so, that doesn't say much about your character or your friendship.

And this is not an invitation for members to starts trash talking me. First it'll start with me, then it'll move onto another staff member and another staff member - not cool. Rather, let's just not start it at all. I don't understand the purpose of it to begin with. Do people get a cheap thrill out of trash talking on the internet? E-thuggin' it?

If members are THAT uncomfortable with this staff or this forum, then why bother coming here to post?
Well it's obvious that you missed my point.

I have no intent of talking trash to you or any staff member. Say what you want about my friends and family. You don't know Them or me so anything you say to them doesn't really bother me.

My point is it shouldn't matter if I say anything negative or positive about something in a DISCUSSION. It's a DISCUSSION. You clearly deleted my post because for some ungodly reason you and the other people that bought into that product and as a whole, you all got ripped off and now can't do a thing about it. That's all I said in a DISCUSSION. If it wasn't a DISCUSSION that I posted that in, then it should not be labeled a DISCUSSION

BTW this "Ugh, why do you insist on pushing this matter?" looks real mature.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:53 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
What's shakin' doug?

Since Gsedan's post was removed, it looks like I'm the OP on that closed post. Can my post be deleted also?

Danka

Old 03-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by doug
thank you for your time... is there any chance of removing the others from MU? or a timetable?
At this point there is no specific timetable. Not all members were put in MU for the same reason, some reason(s) being more serious than others.

Those that were put in MU have proven to the Staff that they cannot carry on a mature and rational discussion without taking cheap shots at either Staff or Scott @ RA and thus taking several threads off topic, causing even more trouble for those that are dealing with their RA STB's.

Again, please do not look at this as censorship just because I said they were taking cheap shots at Scott/RA. This would go for any member, especially if taken to this extent. If a group of people (or even a single member) took it upon themselves to go so far as to take multiple threads completely off topic just to trash another fellow member, then they would also receive some form of punishment (timeout). Their personal vendettas to take out Scott (in poor fashion) got in the way of our members' route to a plausible solution.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:05 AM
MyG37 Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
What's shakin' doug?

Since Gsedan's post was removed, it looks like I'm the OP on that closed post. Can my post be deleted also?

Danka
You are able to delete your own posts/threads, select edit and chose delete.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by olphatty
Well it's obvious that you missed my point.

I have no intent of talking trash to you or any staff member. Say what you want about my friends and family. You don't know Them or me so anything you say to them doesn't really bother me.

My point is it shouldn't matter if I say anything negative or positive about something in a DISCUSSION. It's a DISCUSSION. You clearly deleted my post because for some ungodly reason you and the other people that bought into that product and as a whole, you all got ripped off and now can't do a thing about it. That's all I said in a DISCUSSION. If it wasn't a DISCUSSION that I posted that in, then it should not be labeled a DISCUSSION

BTW this "Ugh, why do you insist on pushing this matter?" looks real mature.
Apparently I did, your post was not clear to me.

Your post was not helpful to those in the situation. I'm sure they've already considered returning the STB. Assuming Scott to be the shady guy you and/or many people say he is, then do you really think a shady person would take something back? Doesn't seem plausible, does it? The purpose of those threads is to discuss plausible solutions/remedies, whether it be a way of modifying the bar to make it fit (regardless of whether or not they should have to, that's besides the point. what if they are stuck with the STB's? what if Scott refuses to send them replacement brackets? do you think they should just have a $500 bar laying around the garage? and don't say take legal action, although that may be a possible route for some, i really don't know the law that well. sometimes life gives you lemons and you have to make due) or Scott sending them replacements. Now, if you have anything helpful to contribute to those threads, your posts are more than welcomed and encouraged.

Last edited by Calvin; 03-28-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
I don't think he can if the thread is locked.

Jeff, I'll take care of it.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Not when it's locked.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Not when it's locked.
Done.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:24 AM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
Hey Calvin,

We are constantly being harassed by user "SDGeneralCounsel" as seen in this thread (this is just a recent example of many):

https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-...ml#post4063393

Based on the actions taken against others, for harassing a none paying sponsor, and taking threads severely off topic while not helping anyone (as you stated) then shouldn't this member (SDGeneralCounsel) also be placed on MU or banned, he has done much worse than what others have done in the thread referenced here, and to paying sponsors I might add.

Thanks Calvin!

-George
GT Motorsports

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question to the Admins