G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Question to the Admins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by myG35ZX
If the original thread had not been locked, this discussion would be unnecessary. The original thread was about the group buy, not about the product failure by VRT/RA/Scott and the mod/staff member who organized it. Once it was locked, the appearance (perception is reality) that this site was not only organizing a group buy for a banned member/"shop" but also taking measures to limit negative feedback.

Again, I understand your point. However, your (the staff/mods) of this site have limited the open discussion that could prevent further members from being dooped and scammed.

Great vendors that suport this site and our community have been bad mouthed in many threads, yet strangely I don't recall the same action being taken from the mods/staff. However, once a mod/staff member who obviously has an affinity for VRT/RA/Scott locked a thread that was giving negative reviews and verbal punches was locked, the credability of all mods/staff took an enormouse hit.

Locking threads, unlocking to give positive reassurance that the banned person was taking of things and then relocking the same thread reeks of bad judgement. Maybe, create another thread solely for "calling out" VRT/RA/Scott. Either way, I'm done with this thread, just as all members of this site and its mods/staff should be with VRT / RA / Scott and WA2GOOD.
The thread evolved from a GB thread to a discussion thread regarding members' problems with the product. You're right, it should never have had to been locked, but it was.

I apologize if the locking/moderating of posts gave the impression that this site explicitly supports banned vendors, but that was not the intention at all. Like I said, it was a GB thread that turned into a discussion thread about the STB's problem when one (or more, can't remember) members decided to post the problems he was experiencing.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Calvin i'm hoping that in the future no products or services will be promoted on this forum of any banned sponsors? and if done so they parties involved will be dealt with regaurdless of their membership status?

Old 03-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by doug
So Calvin i'm hoping that in the future no products or services will be promoted on this forum of any banned sponsors? and if done so they parties involved will be dealt with regaurdless of their membership status?
Doug, I realize that I am completely late to the party on this however I can honestly say that we will NOT promote ANY services promoted by a banned member. Membership status should NEVER dictate how people are treated here. The instance at hand, while I believe it to be an isolated one, will not be tolerated nor promoted by the Staff here. It's a shame that this particular GB was permitted by a banned Sponsor, and for that, I wholeheartedly apologize on behalf of the Staff here. I admit that I have not been up to date on the whole situation in the last several months, however if anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM.

Shane

Old 03-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Doug, I realize that I am completely late to the party on this however I can honestly say that we will NOT promote ANY services promoted by a banned member. Membership status should NEVER dictate how people are treated here. The instance at hand, while I believe it to be an isolated one, will not be tolerated nor promoted by the Staff here. It's a shame that this particular GB was permitted by a banned Sponsor, and for that, I wholeheartedly apologize on behalf of the Staff here. I admit that I have not been up to date on the whole situation in the last several months, however if anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM.

Shane
Shane I understand what you are saying however being a Super mod on your sister site. Isnt it taboo for a moderator to post for sale thread for a vendor? Let alone a banned vendor?

https://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-...uy-anyone.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...-bar-sale.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...-bar-sale.html

Last edited by r0mey; 03-29-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: typoos
Old 03-28-2009, 10:59 PM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
Guys,

I feel that the correct people are now aware of what is going on and that things will be resolved in a correct fashion shortly.

Shane, I appreciate you taking the time to look into this ordeal and making things right, so that G35Driver can earn the respect it deserves.

-George
GT Motorsports

Old 03-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by r0mey
Garnet I understand what you are saying however being a Super mod on your sister site. Isnt it taboo for a moderate to post for sale thread for a vendor? Let alone a banned vendor?

https://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-...uy-anyone.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...-bar-sale.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...-bar-sale.html
No question bro, I completely understand. Not that you know me at all, but I give you my word it's being looked after.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by George@GTM
Guys,

I feel that the correct people are now aware of what is going on and that things will be resolved in a correct fashion shortly.

Shane, I appreciate you taking the time to look into this ordeal and making things right, so that G35Driver can earn the respect it deserves.

-George
GT Motorsports
George, it's been my pleasure. G35Driver is a fantastic forum with copius amounts of great people, I really hope that an isolated incident won't' deter members from visiting here. If ANY member needs to discuss anything, I would more than be happy to chat. I am all for making this forum a more positive place to visit so please don't hesitate to send me your suggestions.

Cheers,

Shane

Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Can someone please simply accept responsibility and agree to keep threads fair and equal... And most importantly not harbor and encourage/allow corrupt staff.

That’s all I care about... if that happens almost all of the squawking that has gone on for pages and pages and pages in more than one thread would be null.

Does anyone in this thread have the authority to make that happen? Forget about the willingness… are you even able to control this?

Old 03-28-2009, 11:32 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
Can someone please simply accept responsibility and agree to keep threads fair and equal... And most importantly not harbor and encourage/allow corrupt staff.

That’s all I care about... if that happens almost all of the squawking that has gone on for pages and pages and pages in more than one thread would be null.

Does anyone in this thread have the authority to make that happen? Forget about the willingness… are you even able to control this?
Do these posts not basically say that?

With regard to staff involved in Group Buys:
No question bro, I completely understand. Not that you know me at all, but I give you my word it's being looked after.
regarding equal treatment:

Shane
accepting responsibility:
Originally Posted by Calvin
I understand and I also agree that the group buy never should have taken place. It did, however, and we are now facing the consequences - some more harshly than others (that is, those that actually participated in the group buy).

Old 03-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by doug
What Shane said.

Shane

Old 03-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by OCG35

Not that I've had any past information about any of this, I will gladly accept 100% responsibility for ALL of it. Is that what you are looking to hear??? As far as the corrupt Staff is concerned, I assure you it's being looked after and being dealt with. Other than that, feel free to put blame on me for everything else.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:47 PM

Shane
I appreciate that Shane

Old 03-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not that I've had any past information about any of this, I will gladly accept 100% responsibility for ALL of it. Is that what you are looking to hear??? As far as the corrupt Staff is concerned, I assure you it's being looked after and being dealt with. Other than that, feel free to put blame on me for everything else.
Awesome. Thanks Shane.

Calvin, thanks for your help today

Old 03-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Traveling Administrator
Doug, George, et al, I strongly encourage you all to send me a PM if you ever have any issues here on Driver. I don't want Driver to be this forum that is a place where you can't voice your opinions (in a mature fashion). The community is what has always made this place what it is since I arrived 6 years ago, and I don't want that to change.

Shane

Old 03-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by ToastZ
Awesome. Thanks Shane.

Calvin, thanks for your help today
And thank you guys in this thread for approaching the Staff with your questions and concerns in a professional and mature manner. That is all it takes to get our attention.

Swings at the Staff is not the way to get out attention, regardless if we are in the right or wrong. Approach us maturely with your questions and concerns and we will do our best to work with you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question to the Admins