G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Question to the Admins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ib Adrian
hey, just letting you know, i was directed to this thread, and i felt i would just comment here about a few comments made regarding the moderation on g35driver.

As you are probably aware we have no professional affiliation with scott or ra.

1. I am aware of no instances of any moderator on g35driver providing access to their account for scott @ ra. I have confirmed this with the ip logs.
2. Scott was incorrectly unbanned on g35driver. I feel it is reasonably transperant from this thread (and others) why he is no longer a sponsor on either g35driver or my350z. We have no intentions of "unbanning" scott.
3. The thread regarding the group buy in hindsight should not have been created, that said, it was. I feel that calling for peoples heads doesn't really achieve the true objective here which is to ensure that people receive products that they have paid for, and they are educated through the forums about dealing with certain companies.
4. If you have issues/grievances with a sites moderation/administration, i feel the most appropriate form of discussing it is to contact the moderators/admins in question privately and attempt to work it out between yourselves. If that does not provide a suitable resolution, contact another moderator/admin for a "2nd opinion".

Adrian
Thanks Adrian. Good to see we are moving forward very quickly. Can you add any additional structure ( on #3) as to how the recent TOU violations will be prevented in the future ? Specifically, group buys organized by G35driver moderators in support of a banned sponsor.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by ToastZ
Thanks Adrian. Good to see we are moving forward very quickly. Can you add any additional structure ( on #3) as to how the recent TOU violations will be prevented in the future ? Specifically, group buys organized by G35driver moderators in support of a banned sponsor.
Canadian was not the intitial organizer. He came into the thread 2 months after the interest started to brew. Although, he should not have been a part of all of it, he was really in the interest of the people who wanted the bar. It really comes down to: Canadian wanted the bar and so did others.

Scott may be a banned sponsor- but he did offer a part not available by anyone else. Don't say GT-Spec, because I cannot remember the last time it was actually offered by GT-Spec. A part a few members wanted and expressed interest in. It's a shame how it carried out, but once everything is resolved, those people who purchased it should be happy.

Also- Keep in mind, that thread started in August of 2008. If everyone here is calling foul on the Group Buy, it should have probably been mentioned before, not after when people started to receive the bar.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by istan
Canadian was not the intitial organizer. He came into the thread 2 months after the interest started to brew. Although, he should not have been a part of all of it, he was really in the interest of the people who wanted the bar. It really comes down to: Canadian wanted the bar and so did others.

Scott may be a banned sponsor- but he did offer a part not available by anyone else. Don't say GT-Spec, because I cannot remember the last time it was actually offered by GT-Spec. A part a few members wanted and expressed interest in. It's a shame how it carried out, but once everything is resolved, those people who purchased it should be happy.

Also- Keep in mind, that thread started in August of 2008. If everyone here is calling foul on the Group Buy, it should have probably been mentioned before, not after when people started to receive the bar.
No worries. Not calling foul, just doing a post mortem on a failure. If the product worked fine out of the box we wouldn't even be discussing it. It's when defective products are shipped that forces us to look back to see who/what/when/where. Post Mortems are painful, but a necessary part of any business, and these forums, like it or not, are a business.

Problems only get solved (and prevented) by over analyzing a mistake. Witch hunts serve no purpose, I agree. I'm only drawing attention to the failed process, not the people involved. Sorry if that was not evident up front.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Received 108 Likes on 94 Posts
G35
Hi,

The group buy has and is being actively discussed by the Admins and Shane summarized the senior staff's position.

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Doug, I realize that I am completely late to the party on this however I can honestly say that we will NOT promote ANY services promoted by a banned member. Membership status should NEVER dictate how people are treated here. The instance at hand, while I believe it to be an isolated one, will not be tolerated nor promoted by the Staff here. It's a shame that this particular GB was permitted by a banned Sponsor, and for that, I wholeheartedly apologize on behalf of the Staff here. I admit that I have not been up to date on the whole situation in the last several months, however if anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM.

Shane

Bob..

Old 03-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi,

The group buy has and is being actively discussed by the Admins and Shane summarized the senior staff's position.

Bob..
thanks Bob. good to hear.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Don’t want to thread jack or start a new thread but since this is for the admins

Have you guys ever thought of havening a minimum post requirement for starting a new thread? And an automatic pm sent to new people instructing them on how to use the search function at least a few times?

Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Don’t want to thread jack or start a new thread but since this is for the admins

Have you guys ever thought of havening a minimum post requirement for starting a new thread? And an automatic pm sent to new people instructing them on how to use the search function at least a few times?
I think this is basically on the same topic and addresses your question.
https://g35driver.com/forums/forum-f...searching.html

Old 03-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
I think this is basically on the same topic and addresses your question.
https://g35driver.com/forums/forum-f...searching.html
cccc

Old 04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
What a read!

Im wondering something though. If a member asks questions about why a product is so expensive, and another member offers a cheaper method of getting the a similar item. Why would that member get banned? it is on topic, just not in favor of the original vendor.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by importroller
What a read!

Im wondering something though. If a member asks questions about why a product is so expensive, and another member offers a cheaper method of getting the a similar item. Why would that member get banned? it is on topic, just not in favor of the original vendor.
from what I can tell it depends on whether or not a staff member is in on the original GB

Old 04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
what if its not a GB, just a post offering a part?

Old 04-02-2009, 10:34 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Calvin
The answer to your question is much more evident if you've been following the RA STB ordeal. And if you haven't, then your answer would still be much easier to find.

Doug's questions were answered so as it make it clear that taking shots at Staff members is not welcomed, especially if done in poor fashion. As in any case, if you* have a valid complaint with evidence, then you're more than welcome to voice your opinion so long as it is done in a professional manner and does not cause a riot/lead to pure trash talking. However, at some point you'll have to realize that this is not your personal sandbox.

*You does not refer to you specifically, but anyone.
Edit****

I was going to make an angry post...but I was told that Shane is now aware of whats going on....I am quite sure that the virus has been removed and now the members will recieve the protection they should have had in the first place. I use to be a paying member over here also until I saw what was going on.....I will know reconsider my support.

Last edited by XKR; 04-02-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:46 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR
Edit****
okay?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:18 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by _jb
I brought up my350z because most of the people that correctly understand what the problem is... and who have correctly pointed it out to the Driver Staff... are from the my350z forums.

This is very true.......^^^^^^^

Shane ....to be honest....after seeing what was going on over here...we did not know who to trust.....I was told about you and that you would handle this problem...George told me the MU would be removed....so I guess he was correct about you.

The post that JB made above is very correct....I for one have a G and spend most of my time over on the other site because we know all the mods over there and they can be trusted....I hope to be able to say the same about this website.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Woow... Never seen so many moderators on one thread. Hope all this gets resolved respectively. Also, why not just have more moderators that can oversee threads?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question to the Admins