G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Question to the Admins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
no, i didn't think GTM did. i just quoted it for reference. i don't know who did, but it's ghey and pointless. did he even get any warning??? like, "hey bro cool it or ur gonna banned" my guess is no, he got axed cuz the staff was in the choppin' mood.
Did he ever recieve a warning?

You see, this is the problem with some people. They start making asumptions without knowing whats really going on.

Other staff people have spoken with him plenty of times

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 03-29-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hydrazine
staff,

if this is indeed true. It is a serious conflict of interest, corrupt, a tou violation and an abuse of power.

if this is true, canadian should be immediately and permanently banned.

note: We have already seen that scott goes by multiple fictitious aliases on the forums.
^is this true???

Old 03-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
If these issues have been festering for such a long time, or so you say, why have you never PM'd me? If you have issues with Driver, I'd be more than happy to hear about them via PM, and I'll do my best to address them if they are valid. But I'll be honest, from what I've seen of you over the years here, all you do is complain.

Btw, if you feel my response to you is merely for the purpose of making myself seem valuable on Driver, than so be it.
for the last couple of yeas there has been much to complain abut (as it pertains to site issues and the way its run) - clearly I'm not the only one that feels this way - its easy to see with the many posts about the various issues - and the fact that several members have left and don’t bothering contributing any more.

As to PMing you - I'm certain it wouldn’t be worth the effort.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by drsifu1
^is this true???
Maybe Doug can reveal some more insight on it.

http://my350z.com/forum/7134659-post1866.html

Old 03-29-2009, 04:07 PM
_jb
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
If these issues have been festering for such a long time, or so you say, why have you never PM'd me? If you have issues with Driver, I'd be more than happy to hear about them via PM, and I'll do my best to address them if they are valid. But I'll be honest, from what I've seen of you over the years here, all you do is complain.
I'm not taking side in your argument with OCG35, but how would anyone on G35Driver know to PM you?

You are one of the 11 Administrators listed on the "Leaders" page on Driver, but I suspect most Driver posters don't even know how to find that page. The last I heard "O NO" was the Administrator in charge of everything. Now I see that he hasn't even been on the site in months.

How would someone know who to contact? I'm a Mod in the Florida G Club forum and I didn't even know who to contact. I don't proclaim to have noticed the pseudo-group-by issue, I'm just trying to let you know that not everyone knows who's in charge, or who to contact.

For whatever reason, most of the truly serious people gravitate to the my350z forums... even people with G35's. Z people seem to be more interested in performance modifications than G people. Known facts on the 350z site are not always known here on Driver. It would be nice to bring Driver back up to date.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
As I've told everyone else, I'm not sure where you guys got the idea that a single Admin is in charge or runs this place single-handedly, but that is not the way it works around here.

If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding G35Driver, then they can come to any of the Admins. Now, obviously it would be a better choice to contact a more active Admin to receive a quicker response, but I assure you that all of us will do our best to work with you.

Although under the same ownership, G35Driver & My350z are two different forums with not much relation. That is, we do not share an active Staff. Each forum serves its own purpose and caters to different demographics, IMO. It is no surprise that My350z has a more technical discussion forum regarding performance modifications, especially FI applications. 'Driver has its fair share, but it's more mild. I see no reason to even bring up My350z and compare it to G35Driver.

Last edited by Calvin; 03-29-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Did he ever recieve a warning?

You see, this is the problem with some people. They start making asumptions without knowing whats really going on.

Other staff people have spoken with him plenty of times
okay, would he honestly got banned when he did if it wasn't for all the other bannings that have gone on as of late, i think not.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
okay, would he honestly got banned when he did if it wasn't for all the other bannings that have gone on as of late, i think not.
I'm pretty sure he had seen quite a few temporary bans and warnings before this one, so it's not like it was a sudden thing or because of other things going on.

Last edited by kernel; 03-29-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by Calvin
As I've told everyone else, I'm not sure where you guys got the idea that a single Admin is in charge or runs this place single-handedly, but that is not the way it works around here.

If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding G35Driver, then they can come to any of the Admins. Now, obviously it would be a better choice to contact a more active Admin to receive a quicker response, but I assure you that all of us will do our best to work with you.
I realize that you are in a totally defensive mode here, but I was actually replying to Garnet Canuck. Note that the part of his post that I quoted in red was "why have you never PM'd me?" not why have you never PM'd any admins... or other admins.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings... but it obvious from reading this thread alone who runs things around here.

Originally Posted by Calvin
Although under the same ownership, G35Driver & My350z are two different forums with not much relation. That is, we do not share an active Staff. Each forum serves its own purpose and caters to different demographics, IMO. It is no surprise that My350z has a more technical discussion forum regarding performance modifications, especially FI applications. 'Driver has its fair share, but it's more mild. I see no reason to even bring up My350z and compare it to G35Driver.
I brought up my350z because most of the people that correctly understand what the problem is... and who have correctly pointed it out to the Driver Staff... are from the my350z forums.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 PM
^is this true???
Its true just do an IP search my man

Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^I believe that should be resolved by tomorrow.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by r0mey
Its true just do an IP search my man
wow, that is crazy but kinda makes sense

and regarding the original issue much props to shane for handling it like a gentleman

Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
^is this true???
No.

This just in from Adrian the admin. Apparently Doug had the wrong information.

Originally Posted by ib adrian
hey, just letting you know, i was directed to this thread, and i felt i would just comment here about a few comments made regarding the moderation on g35driver.
As you are probably aware we have no professional affiliation with scott or ra.

1. I am aware of no instances of any moderator on g35driver providing access to their account for scott @ ra. I have confirmed this with the ip logs.
2. Scott was incorrectly unbanned on g35driver. I feel it is reasonably transperant from this thread (and others) why he is no longer a sponsor on either g35driver or my350z. We have no intentions of "unbanning" scott.
3. The thread regarding the group buy in hindsight should not have been created, that said, it was. I feel that calling for peoples heads doesn't really achieve the true objective here which is to ensure that people receive products that they have paid for, and they are educated through the forums about dealing with certain companies.
4. If you have issues/grievances with a sites moderation/administration, i feel the most appropriate form of discussing it is to contact the moderators/admins in question privately and attempt to work it out between yourselves. If that does not provide a suitable resolution, contact another moderator/admin for a "2nd opinion".

Adrian

My sincerest apologies to Canadian.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Thanks for that Tony!!!
It is appreciated.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ re: previous 2 posts

It doesn’t address why Canadian was first to sign up on an unauthorized group buy – not to mention the fact that he (and a couple of others) posted several times about what a get bar it is, before he even had one (and we all know how that turned out).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question to the Admins