Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

4dr GTR,GTR SUV, LF-A, Supra planed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
4dr GTR,GTR SUV, LF-A, Supra planed

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/16/r...works-lf-a-on/

InsideLine's correspondent in Japan says that despite the global economic crisis that has caused the demise of the Acura NSX, there are plenty of good things on the way from Japan's top automakers.

Adding fuel to the rumormill fire, Peter Lyon reports that Nissan is hard at work developing two models based off the Nissan GT-R: the oft-rumored four-door Infiniti and a Porsche Cayenne-fighting SUV, a vehicle that has already been denied by Nissan. Naturally, he doesn't disclose his sources, nor does he go into detail about the automakers efforts, but both models are expected to be released sometime in 2011.

The rumored demise of the Lexus LF-A is also open to debate – yet again – and according to Lyon's logic, after Toyota made the decision to continue its Formula One campaign, the automaker "still wants to bring its first true supercar to market." The V10-powered luxo-coupe is supposedly 12 to 18 months off and pricing is expected to retail for close to $340,000.

Two other vehicles on the chopping block that Lyon says have been spared are the Honda S2000 replacement, which could debut in late 2011 or early 2012, as well as Toyota's plans to bring back the Supra with V6 power in 2011. The all-new Subaru Legacy which debuted in Detroit is also slated to arrive in production form this May, with sales beginning sometime in the fall.

We are not entirely convinced that any of these projects are sure things, so until we get confirmation from the individual automakers, we'll remain comfortably numb to the news.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-16-2009, 05:40 PM
apparently but sinice when has the rumor mill be accurte?

Old 01-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Everything on the internets is true.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by infinus
everything on the internets is true.
.....:d

Old 01-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Hey genius...that autoblog post used the link in my thread has its source.

Fail.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Hey genius...that autoblog post used the link in my thread has its source.

Fail.
Correction unless anounced by Toyota or Nissan its not 100%

LF-A confirmed
GTR bassed Infiniti sedan confirmed

Supra-not confrimed
SUV baseed GTR not confirmed.

1/2 FAIL

Old 01-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i already feel like the FX50 competes pretty well with the porsche cayanne. maybe not the turbo version, but I bet if you turbo the FX50, it would be a monster.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Correction unless anounced by Toyota or Nissan its not 100%

LF-A confirmed
GTR bassed Infiniti sedan confirmed

Supra-not confrimed
SUV baseed GTR not confirmed.

1/2 FAIL
You don't even make sense...when did I say its 100% true? Lets read the article again that you posted:
InsideLine's correspondent in Japan says that despite the global economic crisis that has caused the demise of the Acura NSX, there are plenty of good things on the way from Japan's top automakers.

Adding fuel to the rumormill fire, Peter Lyon reports that Nissan is hard at work developing two models based off the Nissan GT-R: the oft-rumored four-door Infiniti and a Porsche Cayenne-fighting SUV, a vehicle that has already been denied by Nissan. Naturally, he doesn't disclose his sources, nor does he go into detail about the automakers efforts, but both models are expected to be released sometime in 2011.

The rumored demise of the Lexus LF-A is also open to debate – yet again – and according to Lyon's logic, after Toyota made the decision to continue its Formula One campaign, the automaker "still wants to bring its first true supercar to market." The V10-powered luxo-coupe is supposedly 12 to 18 months off and pricing is expected to retail for close to $340,000.

Two other vehicles on the chopping block that Lyon says have been spared are the Honda S2000 replacement, which could debut in late 2011 or early 2012, as well as Toyota's plans to bring back the Supra with V6 power in 2011. The all-new Subaru Legacy which debuted in Detroit is also slated to arrive in production form this May, with sales beginning sometime in the fall.

We are not entirely convinced that any of these projects are sure things, so until we get confirmation from the individual automakers, we'll remain comfortably numb to the news.

[Source: InsideLine]
Notice at the bottom where it says "Source: InsideLine"? On the autoblog webpage thats actually a link that will take you to, wow you guessed it, the article I posted.

So in summation, you have the reading comprehension skills of a 10 year old.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
If it is true that will rock!

Just in time to move out of my sedan into another Infiniti sedan.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:19 PM
You don't even make sense...when did I say its 100% true? Lets read the article again that you posted:

Notice at the bottom where it says "Source: InsideLine"? On the autoblog webpage thats actually a link that will take you to, wow you guessed it, the article I posted.

So in summation, you have the reading comprehension skills of a 10 year old.
Quit crying already point is unless these models are confirmed by the Manufactures they are just rumors even of story. If you don’t like it, then go cry in your own thread.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Quit crying already point is unless these models are confirmed by the Manufactures they are just rumors even of story. If you don’t like it, then go cry in your own thread.
I agree that they're rumors. My point is you reposted said rumors right after I did, also that you can't read.

But since this is the thread getting the replies, theres no point in having 2. I'll go ahead and delete mine.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I agree that they're rumors. My point is you reposted said rumors right after I did, also that you can't read.

But since this is the thread getting the replies, theres no point in having 2. I'll go ahead and delete mine.
If i would of known you posted a thread i wouldnt have, you know what lets just have a beer and keep one thread going.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
If it is true that will rock!

Just in time to move out of my sedan into another Infiniti sedan.
Dibs on the engine swap.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Just stick the new 5.0 V8 into a G Sedan please...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 4dr GTR,GTR SUV, LF-A, Supra planed