The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: How does your GF, wifey or BF in some cases feel about your passion for cars/mods?
Loves it.
15.33%
Curses it all the time.
8.76%
Doesn't really care.
32.85%
Thinks you are absolutely crazy and doesn't understand at all.
43.07%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

How does your GF, wifey or BF in some cases feel about your passion for cars/mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lalomarquez13
When i told my wife i was gonna drop my 05 ob coupe, she thought that it would be ghetto lowering a new car and that the ghetto in me would never leave me...but once i slammed it with my s teins, she liked it and hasn't complained about all my other mods....
Tein S won't slam your car... but I know exactly what you mean, my xbf was so anti mods he even thought that tint makes cars look like ghetto cruisers and he would give me the hardest time about changing anything on my car I really don't think I could be with someone that can't at least appreciate cars or carry a simple conversation about them. Having a tastefully modded car gets him additional brownie points.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by dream_G35
yea i def. won't be able to live with a girl that doesnt have one of 2
1) drives stick
2) doesn't treat her or my car right. or at least try
Haha I like how you think =)

Old 05-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My wife hates it when I put money into my cars. She keeps telling me that it's a waste of money and that I should just buy her women stuff. (What's up with that?!) When her b-day comes she wants all these expensive designer gifts from watches to shoes, jewelries, etc. When my b-day comes around I keep telling her if she wants to make me happy give me something for my car. What the hell do you think she gives me......a F*****G jewelry box! Yes a jewerly box WTF is that all about. The only jewels I own are my watch collection and I already have a case for them. That's how much interest my wife has in cars. If I can do it all over again I would marry someone who is into cars. And don't give me this GF stuff cuase once you get married they transform into this Jeckle and Hyde personality. I think they are calling me already.......BITTER PARTY OF ONE!

Old 05-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Lets just say, I chose the car over the fiance.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:28 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
i didnt vote cause my car is cheaper and less maintenance than a gf.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My gf just paid for my car to be lowered and she gave me money to get a camber kit... i couldn't believe it! I didn't need the money, but she wanted to buy me a "present". Her favorite cousin has a supra and he did everything to that car. So thanks to him she understands and obviously supports my passion.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:03 AM
My gf has a Mustang and is VERY much into it. In fact, she's been more into it seeing how much I'm into mine. But its funny because its turned into a crappy domestic slow @ss Ford vs. fine japanese marvel rival hehe. I tell her that her car's a POS all the time and that she should just save her money and get a real car (i.e. a g35 or 350z). Yeah... I've gotten used to sleeping on the couch.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phenom1011
My gf just paid for my car to be lowered and she gave me money to get a camber kit... i couldn't believe it! I didn't need the money, but she wanted to buy me a "present". Her favorite cousin has a supra and he did everything to that car. So thanks to him she understands and obviously supports my passion.
that's a keeper....

Old 05-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Whenever I see a Ferrari or Lambo, I believe she gets jealous because of the look of lust in my eyes and of course my jaw always drops. She really doesn't like the time I put into my G or even my last bike before I sold it. She has no problem with my passion for my car(s) because she respects that it's my hobby. But she doesn't like it very much and I don't know if she is jealous of the attention or what.

That is exactly how my girlfriend feels. We have sat outside my house and I'll be staring at my G for minutes lol

Old 05-26-2006, 11:27 AM
My husband loves that I am into cars as much as him.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:29 AM
She doesn't enjoy them. But whatever makes me happy.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I rather put the money on my woman to make her look good than my car. I rather change another car after a while. I think beautiful women are 100000000 times more beautiful than the best looking cars on earth. I am not the kind of person who cares too much on the performance, so the stock car works for me.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
My husband first asked me out in high school because I drove a 1968 GTO, the first time he came over to my house I was in the garage cleaning parts for my dad who built and raced cars. Last christmas I got a beautiful pair of diamond stud earrings and a dual exhaust set up for my 2000 cougar. My daughter thinks it's "embarassing" that I know more about cars than her boyfriend, my husband, well he's used to it and we've worked on the GTO together many hours. I do catching him rolling his eyes at me sometimes but our marriage is a partnership. And I do LOVE to shop....a pair of shoes for me, and a little something for my car.
Lisa

Old 05-26-2006, 05:13 PM
1. It's seen as a waste of money and time that I could be diverting to her needs.... -_-;

2. She complains that I spend more $$$ on the G than her.

3. She thinks of my G as the "mistress."

-_-b What can I say? I love my G. Even the purchase date for my G was 2/14/2004!!! Needless to say I had a memorable day...

Old 05-27-2006, 07:14 PM
My wife learned early on in our relationship that car care hours work in pretty much double or triple regular hours. So... when I would tell her I should be done working on the Q by 7, she quickly learned that we would really be eating at the Waffle House at midnight! She finally came to accept it

She wasn't a car person when I met her.... to the extent that she thought the low oil pressure idiot light on her ragged out 93 Mercury Tracer was the "oil change light thingy"... but things have changed now!

The G is her car, and every time I see her driving it she has this little excrement-eating grin as she's looking over the steering wheel! No more burger wrappers or rotting drink cups in the car... she keeps it pristine. Even gets upset when she thinks someone scuffs the car or leaves a door ding... which luckily have all come out with Kit Scratchout so far...

So I guess the motto of this story is that you can covert them if you get the right girl!

Heath

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How does your GF, wifey or BF in some cases feel about your passion for cars/mods?